Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megan Drift Spec Angled Look

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-11 | 02:13 PM
phil9892
Driver

Default Megan Drift Spec Angled Look

So pretty much have my heart set on the invidia mid-pipe/megan drift spec setup. Just wondering how many of the Drift Spec owners actually had the exhaust corrected due to the angle of the canisters?
Old 09-10-11 | 09:27 PM
Gville350

Why correct the slight tilt...it totally JDM like that! LOL
Old 09-11-11 | 07:10 PM
phil9892
Driver

Yea...doesn't bother me too much...just curious how many of the owners actually had these fixed as the look is not for everyone lol.
Old 09-15-11 | 01:00 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Unless you can get it at a really good price, why get this exhaust if you don't like the angled look? It will cost more money to have to bend/weld the exhaust straight. Other exhausts are straight, why not consider those?
Old 09-15-11 | 01:54 AM
phil9892
Driver

Just curious to see how many Drift spec owners actually changed how the exhaust look, thats all. I planned on keeping it the way it is when I get it.
Old 01-04-12 | 06:46 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Im thinking about my HKS HI-Power exhaust angled to look like the Drift Spec, i like the tilted style...anyone done this yet or know the the avg. cost will be ?
Old 01-04-12 | 07:26 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Mine is not perfect.. ON passenger side is nice and the drive side is way off.. fAWWWKKK

I call the buyer *forgot the name* and he told me if u get invidia midpipe will help make the angle perfect.. EHHH WHAT!!!
Old 01-04-12 | 08:30 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

I have the drift spec and cannot wait to install on my car. The outward look I think is FTW, but if I had a second choice I would go with a Greddy SP.....if you don't like the angled look go with that then imo.
Old 01-04-12 | 08:33 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIS250P
Mine is not perfect.. ON passenger side is nice and the drive side is way off.. fAWWWKKK

I call the buyer *forgot the name* and he told me if u get invidia midpipe will help make the angle perfect.. EHHH WHAT!!!
WHAAAAATTTTT are you serious? Well I got my full system used from a buddy of mine for a GREAT price including headers.......I will have the muffler shop work their magic...SUUUCKS on that angle issue bro
Old 01-04-12 | 09:38 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SiskoMax77
WHAAAAATTTTT are you serious? Well I got my full system used from a buddy of mine for a GREAT price including headers.......I will have the muffler shop work their magic...SUUUCKS on that angle issue bro
I forgot mention the name who i bought it from.. TEAMSNCHRIS... We did communicate about the money and how long it take to ship.. Problem was after I put them on, I have issue about angle way off.. I told him can u help me solve this problem.. He call Megan distributor about the angle issue.. He told me this is for the AWD.. I was like WHAT!!! I want to replace them and my ride is RWD... HE said ok I will give u a new one and u give me the old one back but never did.. Later he dont communicate with me anymore.. What a loser... Dont even buy any parts from him on Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace.. He lied to me and not responsible to replace them... OH WELL
Old 01-04-12 | 09:57 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

a muffler shop will be able to heat it up and shove a long pipe in there to straighten it up.
Old 01-04-12 | 11:02 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIS250P
I forgot mention the name who i bought it from.. TEAMSNCHRIS... We did communicate about the money and how long it take to ship.. Problem was after I put them on, I have issue about angle way off.. I told him can u help me solve this problem.. He call Megan distributor about the angle issue.. He told me this is for the AWD.. I was like WHAT!!! I want to replace them and my ride is RWD... HE said ok I will give u a new one and u give me the old one back but never did.. Later he dont communicate with me anymore.. What a loser... Dont even buy any parts from him on Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace.. He lied to me and not responsible to replace them... OH WELL
I am sorry to hear bro! If I do not use my mid section for some odd reason ill let you know! I will let you know if I use it next weekend since I am not installing my headers with the exhaust system! Sorry to hear that again my friend.
Old 01-04-12 | 11:03 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
a muffler shop will be able to heat it up and shove a long pipe in there to straighten it up.
He is right or have them make you a center section, it will be a true dual tho. Food for thought bro!
Old 01-04-12 | 11:49 PM
Kentchup
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
Why correct the slight tilt...it totally JDM like that! LOL
haha i agree, i actually like tilt
Old 01-05-12 | 06:11 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

i have em on my 250, and i like the angled look. I will say though that they do get dirty quickly and dont hold a nice shine for very long (or i am just really bad at keeping them clean?). Regardless, i love the sound, you'll be happy with them

Quick Reply: Megan Drift Spec Angled Look