Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

gs 400 twin turbo Srt 2weeks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-02, 05:20 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by roenick7
jpa2400 -

380-400 RWHP is correct with their intercooler and 480cc injectors, fuel system... This is the second generation not the 340RWHP you are thinking of. I go in on the 14th I will post a dyno after I get it back.

[snip]
Wow. It is very interesting that we haven't heard anything at all about the RMM kit until now. How long have they had this "second generation" kit available? I certainly look forward to the dyno.

QUESTION FOR ALL

HOW DO WE HOOK UP THE RUBBER ON ANY GS MODEL WITH OVER 400RWHP?? I HAVE A FEELING 275/30/19 'S WILL NEED MORE HELP THAN JUST THEIR SURFACE AREA NOT TO BREAK LOOSE.
Good luck. If you want to spin em they will spin. I think it's a combination of wider wheels if you can get them to fit, the actual tires as well and as mentioned any and all suspension mods. I'm very impressed with the Pilot Sports traction. I've also heard the TRD LSD holds the wheelspin down a bit more than the torsen type (RMM/Supra). An M5 owner that I gave ride too was impressed with how little wheel-spin I'd get vs. his M5.

I look forward to the pics and dynos of the install.

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 10-05-02 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-06-02, 01:19 AM
roenick7
Driver

Mr. Johnson
I don't know if they call it 2nd generation or not but that is what I named it because it is different than the first one they released. Hence they have improved it somewhat. I asked UPRD what dyno's have been and the answers were 380 -395 depending on the individual car, as they very a little. With dual exhaust straight back to RMM mufflers I look to see the higher numbers, I also ordered the TM plugs to help inlieu of the denso's. RMM told me to take out the gear in the rear diff and put back in the OEM to lower the ratio back to oringinal yet get the benifit of the RMM housing and torsen poss. traction. We will see after the install if I need to go that route.

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-06-02, 02:45 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by tinygs

Well, I wont name names, but there are a couple of "big time" 2jz tuners here in Texas(one right here in Austin) whose emphasis is often on the power under the curve, which is of HUGE importance on the street...hence a 9.8@153mph
That vette does 9's as well doesn't it?
Old 10-07-02, 08:21 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no man, swap for 7,000 and then the 8000 package, you read it wrong dude

2JZ-GTE WITH GETRAG 6 SPEED MANUAL

I can get it done for aboutg 7,000us

-Seperate-

800rwhp

Sale price: $8,199.00 < direct quote from supra store
Old 10-08-02, 01:50 AM
synco357
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default srt must be smoking so good weed

srt must be smoking some weeds, from there housewhole garden
come on 30,000
please, i know that its a project but i estimated 10-12,000 max
sober up
Old 10-08-02, 02:43 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexusRules
no man, swap for 7,000 and then the 8000 package, you read it wrong dude

2JZ-GTE WITH GETRAG 6 SPEED MANUAL

I can get it done for aboutg 7,000us

-Seperate-

800rwhp

Sale price: $8,199.00 < direct quote from supra store

SupraStore? Lol. Go to www.supraforums.com and see if ANYONE buys ANYTHING from these guys. You'll see why. This is probably why they even gave you this "quote" for the GS in the first place; while never even producing a GS3....and denifnitely not a 600RWHP lexus anything....... I'm not even sure what the quote is for. Please be more specific and maybe give me the name/extension of the sales rep you talked to. Would love to chat with them and ask some q's. Maybe even record it for our members to listen.

There is no magic. I think I made (what I thought to be) a clear post outlining some of the price comparison. If anyone out there gives you a "quote" for a 600RWHP GSXXX recipe......they are full of it and you should ask them for proof.

If the swap is is addition, the you can add another 7K+ to the figures I listed above.

Last edited by Mariusz; 10-08-02 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-08-02, 09:23 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"srt must be smoking some weeds, from there housewhole garden
come on 30,000
sober up"

How much would 2 GOOD trubos run like $5000? Fuel system? Labor? And it is pretty much a custom setup.
Old 10-08-02, 10:31 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Default Re: srt must be smoking so good weed

Originally posted by synco357
srt must be smoking some weeds, from there housewhole garden
come on 30,000
sober up
To each their own. Last time I checked...no one was forcing you to buy anything.

As time goes on, you'll understand the purpose of the SRT TT product & the function that it will serve.

This thread is entertaining to me. Keep it up guys! Look at how many times this thread has been viewed.
Old 10-08-02, 10:32 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Mariusz,

While I agree that Sasha's numbers are a bit off, I think that 600 rwhp (not 800) can be accomplished on a 2JZ-GTE for aound $8k. My friend recently purchased a kit (not the T78, I think maybe the 66 which is big enough for 600 whp) for $4k new, install $1k. Add on the fuel system upgrade (under $2k) and VPC, GCC ($1500 new, used probably half that) and add another $500-$1000 labor and you'd have 600 rwhp for $8000-8500, all new parts.

As far as whether the 6 spd is included, I propose that it MUST be with the swap price. They wouldn't even be able to swap the engine without the tranny and make it run right...

So even using DrRick's quote vs. mine, we'd end up w/ a total of around $26k -$26.5k for 600 rwhp, w/o any DIY to lower the price.

there still does not exist a 600RWHp+ GS period
Hopefully the Turbo Magazine article will be coming out sooner rather than later... I'm sure you know of a number of 600+whp IS's and SC's with the 2JZ-GTE. If you think about it, a GS swap producing this amount should be an even more straightforward affair as the engine is stock in Japan (like I even need to say this, c'mon). So if you look in HyperRev and see 700+ps GS's, what is the difference?
Old 10-08-02, 10:38 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Mariusz,

Let me just add that though we may not agree on which method to go about producing this ridiculous amount of HP, I greatly admire your efforts. Takes guts to embark on such a project...

And like I said earlier to LexCiting, I hope that the 430 tt works great in your car.
Old 10-08-02, 10:56 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by pvmike1
Mariusz,

Let me just add that though we may not agree on which method to go about producing this ridiculous amount of HP, I greatly admire your efforts. Takes guts to embark on such a project...

And like I said earlier to LexCiting, I hope that the 430 tt works great in your car.

Cool. We are all entitled to our own opinions and I think this is a very good discussion.
Old 10-08-02, 11:18 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mariusz
In the end, after all of these 800,900,1000RWHP figures, easy bolt-ons, special garages, low costs, reliability, there still does not exist a 600RWHp+ GS period. If it was as easy done as some think, why after 4 years in production, there still isn't 1 600RWHP GS?
Actually Top Secret, HKS-Kansai, Blitz, Signal, as well as members of Club Aristo(jp) all have GS's in the 600RWHP+ range.

Last edited by JAC JZS; 10-08-02 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-08-02, 11:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Originally posted by JAC JZS

Actually Top Secret, HKS-Kansai, Blitz, Signal, as well as members of Club Aristo(jp) all have GS's in the 600RWHP+ range.
JAC JAZ,

Just curious - are any of these cars you mention in the USA? Do any of them make that HP level with with a GS4 v8 or are they TT or large T v6s??
Old 10-09-02, 01:10 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down forget that stuff

why would i want to pull out my motor out to get power...sometimes people have too much money to spend. if your going to spend big cheddar on a swap just stick with the v8 and go from there...since money falls from the sky. no substitution for cubic inches...imo..so no one take offense
Old 10-09-02, 02:15 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JAC JZS

Aristo and the US version of the GS are not the same. Just because a car has the same engine as in Japan, it does not mean the car is the same. On the contrary, the Aristo is very different (maybe not in appearance) than our GS. There does not exist a 600RWHP GS anywhere in the US. Not yet On top of that, I don't know of any tuner in Japan that uses our V8 with a Turbo setup.

I think we are getting little off topic and starting to shift to Japan to compare their Twin Turbo inline 6. I think we should focus on the GS line here in the States for the sake of the argument.

Personally, I don't think getting 1000RWHP+ out of the V8 will be a huge problem once the space limitation is taken care of and subcomponents adjusted to withstand the power. I don't think anyone can deny the fact that the V8 has more potential for HP than the inline 6. The same way, you can't deny that the inline 6 is stronger and will withstand more power. Little work to the V8's internals might just be what the doctor ordered.

Here is a little clip from Englishtown from this Saturday. V8 TT action
http://www.lexushp.com/videos/Turbonetics%20V8%20TT.mpg

You may need a codec to view the video.
http://download.divxmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

Quick Reply: gs 400 twin turbo Srt 2weeks?