Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How about isf engine on is250 engine!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 11:25 PM
lachuy85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about isf engine on is250 engine!

Hi! I'm sure that i bought the wrong car. This car is slow no matter what I put in it. Do u guys think it possible to swap the isf engine on the 07 is250 AT? Does it have any issue? I would appreciate for any opinion!
Old 10-03-11, 12:31 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Why don't you just trade in for the IS-F. Much less work and hassle.
Old 10-03-11, 04:40 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be far cheaper to invest into a factory ISF than to try to do an engine / ECU / everything else swap.

If you are dead set on a more powerful engine in your current car, why not opt into one of the 90's high power japanese engines, like a 4g63 or a 2jz-gte?
Old 10-03-11, 06:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lachuy85
Hi! I'm sure that i bought the wrong car. This car is slow no matter what I put in it. Do u guys think it possible to swap the isf engine on the 07 is250 AT? Does it have any issue? I would appreciate for any opinion!
trade it in for a 350 or an F.

(the 350 gets you "most" of the performance jump for a fraction of the price of the F- but test drive em both first, if the 350 still isn't 'fast enough" for you then, like the 250, there's not much you can do to get it faster)
Old 10-03-11, 06:58 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

The v6 cars were not designed to be "fast" by any means. If you want fast, go find a car that's more tuner friendly and open to modification. These are sporty luxury vehicles, not supercars.
Old 10-03-11, 07:27 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

^^^ Bingo!

If I wanted to go fast I would have bought another Civic .. I wanna look good and slow :P
Old 10-03-11, 07:36 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uhhh..... a civic?
The following users liked this post:
bd4hunnid (05-17-21)
Old 10-03-11, 07:40 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
uhhh..... a civic?
I know, right? I would never equate the two either. FWD is not supposed to be a performance platform
Old 10-03-11, 07:46 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These threads come up so often and they baffle me each time. The moment I pulled away from the Carmax parking lot when test driving my first IS250, I knew immediately it'd be far too slow for me. How is it that so many people don't make this realization until after purchasing? I took a one minute test drive, pulled back into the lot, and asked to drive a 350.

The other thing that baffles me is that often people's first fix for this preventable problem is "gotta swap the engine". That would never cross my mind when there are options like the 350 and F which cost an incremental amount that is a fraction of the cost of an engine swap.

This is nothing against the OP or anyone else here, I'm just surprised how often this seems to happen.
Old 10-03-11, 09:06 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by APynckel
The v6 cars were not designed to be "fast" by any means. If you want fast, go find a car that's more tuner friendly and open to modification. These are sporty luxury vehicles, not supercars.
I think Nissan would disagree with your statement.

GTR.....
Old 10-03-11, 09:21 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by my95tsi
I think Nissan would disagree with your statement.

GTR.....

Way to take it completely out of context.....
Old 10-23-11, 10:11 PM
PMINTY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by APynckel
I know, right? I would never equate the two either. FWD is not supposed to be a performance platform
Not a GTR that's out of context... more like a WRC car lol.
Old 10-23-11, 11:28 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Like others have said, it's easier to just get an IS-F.

Swapping the motors is going to be bring up reliability issues in the long run as things will need to be fixed and there will likely be errors in the swap process or things you find out need to be modified. Secondly, although you'll probably spend a good chunk of cash on the swap, your IS will still look like a 250. Might as well buy a used IS-F.....reliable power and you get the sexy IS-F look
Old 10-24-11, 09:15 PM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

What's wrong with the 250 look? I'm not saying the f is bad but the front end is huge and I'm not a big fan of the stacked exhast pipes.

I just want a decent looking exhaust mod to get rid of the cheap looking bolt on tips.

[Side rant]Seriously Lexus this may be a entry level vehicle to your brand but bolt on tips?! That is like Chevy and their stickers that look like gills on their $75k+ Camero;cheap and junky. I'm not saying it needs to be high end like the f sport wth extra hp but fit and finish is important.
Old 10-25-11, 02:56 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daisy81
What's wrong with the 250 look? I'm not saying the f is bad but the front end is huge and I'm not a big fan of the stacked exhast pipes.

I just want a decent looking exhaust mod to get rid of the cheap looking bolt on tips.

[Side rant]Seriously Lexus this may be a entry level vehicle to your brand but bolt on tips?! That is like Chevy and their stickers that look like gills on their $75k+ Camero;cheap and junky. I'm not saying it needs to be high end like the f sport wth extra hp but fit and finish is important.
Well the front end of the IS-F is different because the car itself is a whole new beast. Nothing wrong with the IS250 look, but many people love the beefy look of the IS-F. I personally think it looks mean as hell and i love the way it looks!

IS-F itself is hardly an entry level vehicle, but yes the IS-F does get a lot of crap because of the quad tips being there for aesthetic purposes. AMG and M owners love to knock the tips because they are built into the bumper lol. I like the look of them, but i do wish they had just linked them with the exhaust itself.

Quick Reply: How about isf engine on is250 engine!