Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZ converion on GS anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-02, 11:25 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZ converion on GS anyone?

Since the engine forum doesn't get much traffic I figured I'd repost this here. Just wondering if anyone here has stopped thinking about lights on their e-shift buttons and suicide trunks and started thinking about how to REALLY make this car fast. The 2JZ is standard on the overseas Aristo and the clip should just bolt right in with little difficulty but wondering if anyone has done it yet and also if the GS400 motor/trans would be worth anything to anyone. It's something I'm thinking of doing soon and wanted pointers. It's a HELL of a lot cheaper than trying to twin turbo this thing and has more power potential with a much stronger block. Lastly, one company has already done a 6 speed conversion on a JDM Aristo although I'm sure that is a lot more complicated than doing the straight swap.
Old 10-03-02, 12:40 AM
nismo270R
Rookie

wasn't the Aristo the 2jz-ge? You are limited to the power you can have on the GE, you would be able to get alot more power if you put the 2JZ-GTE with the tranny in. A few people have done this, I think they are like 6 some RWHP.
Old 10-03-02, 09:45 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2JZ converion on GS anyone?

Originally posted by Guru
Since the engine forum doesn't get much traffic I figured I'd repost this here. Just wondering if anyone here has stopped thinking about lights on their e-shift buttons and suicide trunks and started thinking about how to REALLY make this car fast. The 2JZ is standard on the overseas Aristo and the clip should just bolt right in with little difficulty but wondering if anyone has done it yet and also if the GS400 motor/trans would be worth anything to anyone. It's something I'm thinking of doing soon and wanted pointers. It's a HELL of a lot cheaper than trying to twin turbo this thing and has more power potential with a much stronger block. Lastly, one company has already done a 6 speed conversion on a JDM Aristo although I'm sure that is a lot more complicated than doing the straight swap.
V300 has done a V300 (2JZ-GTE) swap on this forum.
Search for his posts.
Old 10-03-02, 10:15 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Thanks Richie!
Old 10-03-02, 02:00 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=4
Old 10-04-02, 01:20 AM
Aristo V300VE
Driver

I have the Aristo with the 2JZ-GTE engine in my car. I don't think you get the VVTi engine but you can for sure get the older version 2jz from the Supra. To do the swap I know you'll need an engine mount, CPU, engine (of course), transmission(either AT or MT), and probally exhaust. Not to mention the cost of labor and not sure whether or not you will have to change the meters.
Old 10-05-02, 08:31 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Thanks Aristo! I e-mailed you although sicne you're in Japan, not sure if you'll know the answers to my questions. I e-mailed V300 but no response yet. V300 you there?
Old 10-06-02, 06:30 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Guru, I have been extremely busy... haven't had time to post anything lately.

Aristo V300VE, For reliability and overall performance I disabled VVT-i. I have a 2000 2JZ-GTE and single turbo setup.
Old 10-06-02, 11:35 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

No worries V300. Just e-mail me back when you get some time. I'm just researching for now. I have to find a clip which may take some time anyway.
Old 10-07-02, 02:03 AM
Aristo V300VE
Driver

V300, how did you disable the VVT-i? I know is it basically just the intake cam and gear. HKS makes a nice VVT-i cam but it is god aweful expensive
Old 10-13-02, 04:31 AM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Yes, I seriously thought about this too...It seems that it would be relatively simple but... The oil pan on 2JZGTE for the Supra's sits towards the back , the Aristo/GS is toward the front. The automatic trans that comes with the 2JZGTE should be used, cause the GS400's auto-trans needs the original V8 ECU which won't be used if adapting a 2JZGTE and the bell housing would also need to be changed. The V8 E-shift in the USA has 5 forward gears the Aristo E-shift in Japan has 4 forward gears, I think it would be much easier to start with a GS300 if one were to consider doing this swap.I believe the GTE's require a fuel system that consist of using a fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rail and a fuel return line while the GS 400/300's use a fuel pressure regulator at the pump with no return line. Not to say it can't be done, anything is possible, these are just some things off the top of my head to consider.

Sensei

Last edited by Choritsu-shi; 10-13-02 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-13-02, 04:57 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Get a v300 front clip and then you will have most of the parts you need for the swap, then upgrade the GTE. Toyomoto(www.toyomoto.com) should be able to do a 6-speed conversion on the GS as they have done it on the IS300.

Originally posted by nismo270R
wasn't the Aristo the 2jz-ge? You are limited to the power you can have on the GE, you would be able to get alot more power if you put the 2JZ-GTE with the tranny in. A few people have done this, I think they are like 6 some RWHP.
The Aristo S300 comes with the 2JZ-GE(same as GS300+7hp) and the Aristo v300 comes with the 2JZ-GTE(JZA80 drivetrain).
Old 10-13-02, 01:53 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Choritsu-shi
Yes, I seriously thought about this too...It seems that it would be relatively simple but... The oil pan on 2JZGTE for the Supra's sits towards the back , the Aristo/GS is toward the front. The automatic trans that comes with the 2JZGTE should be used, cause the GS400's auto-trans needs the original V8 ECU which won't be used if adapting a 2JZGTE and the bell housing would also need to be changed. The V8 E-shift in the USA has 5 forward gears the Aristo E-shift in Japan has 4 forward gears, I think it would be much easier to start with a GS300 if one were to consider doing this swap.I believe the GTE's require a fuel system that consist of using a fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rail and a fuel return line while the GS 400/300's use a fuel pressure regulator at the pump with no return line. Not to say it can't be done, anything is possible, these are just some things off the top of my head to consider.
Good call. I forgot about the return fuel line and I'll have to pick up a Supra fuel pump as well or perhaps just get a Denso 310 l/hr so I don't have to upgrade again later on. Since you're removing the mtor entirely I don't think much difference in doing the GS300 or GS400. I may need to change the subframe if it is different but that should come with clip. I can't wait to do this!
Old 10-13-02, 05:05 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Since you're removing the mtor entirely I don't think much difference in doing the GS300 or GS400. I may need to change the subframe if it is different but that should come with clip. I can't wait to do this!
well... yeah that's true I guess it really wouldn't make much difference. I was thinking the GS300 transmission and oil pan section could be retained if one were to start from scratch. The subframe for a GS is completely different from a Supra, and the Aristo's subframe was intended for "right hand drive". Unfortunately I found out (the hard way) the mounts for the steering rack to be on the wrong side.(argh!) I think just changing the lower oil pan section would be much easier. Again that's pertaining to a GTE from a Supra. Try to get a GTE from an Aristo
I know, I know... it seems it would be a simple swap and so straight forward(sigh)...but... it has been done, so therefore it can be done, and if there is a will, there is a way! onward!

Sensei
Old 10-15-02, 08:11 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone knows the specifics of engine swap laws? Especially in CA? What are the rules for engine swaps? I only heard that the engine needs to be newer than the car

Quick Reply: 2JZ converion on GS anyone?