Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just got my straight pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 06:53 PM
Busha
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my straight pipes

So I I just got my straight pipes installed today, I think it sounds amazing!!! I have no x pipe like the previous people showed. I have straight pipes from the front all the way! And I'm using the stock mufflers for now! But I'm a post a video it sound so good!!!! By the way I have a GS400 so it sounds Evan better & the best part is when your driving with out pushing it it's not loud at all and when your on the high way it's still nice, only when you unleash the beast do you really hear it!!!!!!!!! It's like music to my ears!!!!😝
Old 10-14-11, 06:57 PM
cschroder
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did the same thing then put on borla mufflers, and now wow. Only down side is they drone a little, but when you hit it OMG.
Old 10-14-11, 07:42 PM
cdg306
Rookie

Video!!! =)
Old 10-14-11, 07:50 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG VIDEO PLEASE. I'm kidding, I've thought about doing this, I was just afraid of drone. Post some videos from inside the car too please.
Old 10-14-11, 08:19 PM
Busha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fuzzzz
OMG VIDEO PLEASE. I'm kidding, I've thought about doing this, I was just afraid of drone. Post some videos from inside the car too please.
I will post some videos tomorrow😉 but honestly when your in the car driving you can't hear nothing, but when I push the gas people looking at me confused it kinda sounds C class AMG 6.3 it's fu€£ing crazy😃😃😃😜
Old 10-15-11, 01:54 AM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

vids...... or it's all lies.
Old 10-15-11, 11:36 AM
BIGCARL78
Rookie

Go to youtube and look up gs 400 exaust. There's a black one on the top page and it sounds mean.
Old 10-15-11, 03:49 PM
Busha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BIGCARL78
Go to youtube and look up gs 400 exaust. There's a black one on the top page and it sounds mean.
I did a short video today, I was wondering if I can upload the vid with my iPhone 4 or do I have to do it with my pc?
Old 10-15-11, 03:52 PM
Busha
Pole Position

I also smoked my tails today! Only because I tried to make them clear and FU€k€D them all up!!!!!!! Anyway it's temp till I get my new ones... Ether way I will upload the vids tonight
Old 10-15-11, 07:27 PM
cdg306
Rookie

You can upload them to something like photobucket and then just link them here.
Old 10-15-11, 08:00 PM
blueduck
Driver School Candidate

Do a lot of guys rock only new tips? or do they do a full exhaust? Just helping a friend look to upgrade his ES to an IS. I have an Invidia Gemini catback on my car. And seems as if Borla is the way to go from the short time viewing i have spent on here the past two days. Thanks
Old 10-15-11, 08:01 PM
blueduck
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested in the video! Want to hear it as well
Old 10-16-11, 05:54 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the Borla axle back exhaust...one of my first mods. It's a great exhaust but I do suggest you getting a full catback such as a Tanabe Touring Medallion if planning on doing extensive mods down the road; this is where a cat back system really makes a difference. If light or very mild mods then the Borla is great, it's also like half the cost of a nice cat back exhaust. Good luck!
Old 10-17-11, 12:04 AM
DaLexo
Driver School Candidate

I went with straight 2.25 piping from after the cats to polished magnaflows and new double wall tips. True dual exhaust. It is loud. Does get a little raspy at low rpms... but it is really amazing when I open it up or drive with the sportshifting in 2nd. Always get that "dang that sounds mean" lol.
Old 10-18-11, 03:40 AM
DRELOC
Driver

Originally Posted by DaLexo
I went with straight 2.25 piping from after the cats to polished magnaflows and new double wall tips. True dual exhaust. It is loud. Does get a little raspy at low rpms... but it is really amazing when I open it up or drive with the sportshifting in 2nd. Always get that "dang that sounds mean" lol.
When you said "straight" piping, did you mean there are no resonators on the mid pipe and the Y pipe correct? Also are the piping crush bent or mandrel bent for smoother flows? I've been wanting do to custom since it might be cheaper than full exhaust but the raspiness from the crush bending it what gets me

Quick Reply: Just got my straight pipes