Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone know this car? 1999 GS300 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-11, 07:56 PM
Adam B
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, yes the car was a repo and I am a dealer. The reason I was trying to get the key from the previous owner was this. I called Lexus and they said because I am a dealer I have to buy a new computer and key for the car, which is $1800. They said if the car belonged to a individual they will give them the computer and only charge for the key, which is ridculous. If it comes to me having to do that I will get around but just seems like a pain.

The name of the valve cover says "Makama". It is also on the headrest. I searched google for Makama GS300 and came up with a few links. Batlground in ATL built the car here is the mod list and link to other pictures. Looks like it was Flordia.

We have finished work on this GS300. Proper Aristo GTE VVTi Swap, Built auto, 67mm Precision Turbo, Giant 15" Rotora Brakes, Blitz Techno Speed Rims, Tein Flex Coil Overs, Custom 3" dual exhaust w/ magnaflow mufflers, Upgraded fuel system w/ Aeromotive FPR and -6 feed and return. Complete top to bottom built car.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...kama-GS300-GTE
Old 11-03-11, 08:22 PM
Jaik
Driver School Candidate

so much money spent on the car and they decide to get a 12year old with a paint can to do the 'artwork' in the engine bay... great find by the looks of this... how much did you pick it up for (going to pick it up for) if you dont mind me asking?
Old 11-03-11, 09:33 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

12yr old car 10-15K+ in mods.................repossession? Was this work done on a store line of credit? Very interesting ordeal. Either way, best of luck to you with your GS.
Old 11-04-11, 05:37 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam B
I called Lexus and they said because I am a dealer I have to buy a new computer and key for the car, which is $1800. They said if the car belonged to a individual they will give them the computer and only charge for the key, which is ridculous. If it comes to me having to do that I will get around but just seems like a pain.
Check what engine ecu you have like I mentioned. If it's a Non-Immobilizer AristoECU then you can just get some $40 dollar pre-cut keys on ebay and it will start the car. No need to replace the muli-link transponder ecu that they are talking about, as it's not used anymore.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 11-04-11 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-04-11, 07:06 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Check what engine ecu you have like I mentioned. If it's a Non-Immobilizer AristoECU then you can just get some $40 dollar pre-cut keys on ebay and it will start the car. Non need to replace the muli-link transponder ecu that they are talking about, as it's not used anymore.
You need to listen to 99GS3 before you waste your money he is 100% correct and if you pop the ECU cover and take a pic we could verify what he is saying.

Ben
Old 11-04-11, 09:40 AM
Adam B
Driver School Candidate

99 GS3, if you are every in Alabama look me up I'll buy you a whole case of beer. lol.

I took your advice this morning and just went to a locksmith and they cut me a key. Got the battery charged and it fired right up. Car runs great. Thanks again guys.
Old 11-04-11, 09:49 AM
AristoKing
Instructor

Congrats on the car hope all goes well. i agree the car does need some TLC. Do you actually like how the car looks are you going to keep it as is or will you go back to the drawing board?
Old 11-04-11, 09:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

contact him and see if he can provide you info on whats in the motor

Custom Tuning By Daniel Willie.
Parts, Fabrication, Race Car Prep
770-319-9605 or batlground@gmail.com
Old 11-04-11, 10:10 AM
Adam B
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AristoKing
Congrats on the car hope all goes well. i agree the car does need some TLC. Do you actually like how the car looks are you going to keep it as is or will you go back to the drawing board?
I like the wheels on the car. Not a fan of the kit or the dual exhaust. I don't like all the airbrushing under the hood. I will probably paint all that stuff black and try to find stock side and repaint the bumpers and sides and leave the wheels. I actually love the Blitz wheels...always wanted a set for my Supra back in the day.

Unfortunately Batlground worked on one of my Supras about 4 years ago. I won't be using them or contacting them for any reason.
Old 11-04-11, 04:11 PM
Adam B
Driver School Candidate

BTW, is there any way to open the trunk without the switch inside or the lock outside? My key won't work the outside lock and the button won't pop the trunk?
Old 11-04-11, 04:13 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, is there any way to open the trunk without the switch inside or the lock outside? My key won't work the outside lock and the button won't pop the trunk?
you got a valet key most likely. you need a master key.

master key has a groove on the side. valet key doesn't.
Old 11-04-11, 04:25 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

I like the wheels on the car. Not a fan of the kit or the dual exhaust. I don't like all the airbrushing under the hood. I will probably paint all that stuff black and try to find stock side and repaint the bumpers and sides and leave the wheels. I actually love the Blitz wheels...always wanted a set for my Supra back in the day.

Unfortunately Batlground worked on one of my Supras about 4 years ago. I won't be using them or contacting them for any reason.

Can't wait to see the car when its done.
Old 11-04-11, 04:46 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a feeling you got this car for less than 3 grand
Old 11-04-11, 04:54 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Remove the panel that has the trunk/gas release, disconnect the trunk connector and use a paper clip or a bare wire to bridge the 2 pins on the connector. For key re-flashing and ECU, you shouldn't pay any more than 300.00 Prices have really gone down. Like everyone else says, go to the dealer and get a master key (with or without the remote head) cut from the VIN. It should release the ignition and unlock the trunk and glove box. It may even start the car. If not, go buy 2 more blanks off eBay (with or without remote head). Now call a locksmith, give him the key the dealer cut plus the 2 blanks, have him re-flash the car and program all 3 keys. You now have a full set of keys. The better locksmiths can now even reflash without removing the ECU, now done directly via the OBDII connector.

If you're a dealer, all the larger auctions have on-site locksmiths or can refer you to who they use. Become best friends with them...
Old 11-04-11, 10:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice pickup... I remember seeing this car in the link sometime ago online. can't wait for the redo.. Needs some TLC for sure. Nonetheless great find Sir.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this car? 1999 GS300 Turbo