Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best exhaust IYO

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 11:29 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

megan, nice deep tone
Old 01-03-12, 02:00 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate that I'm not hearing any love for the Tanabe exhaust in this thread. I went back and forth over it, read countless exhaust threads, watched tons of crappy sounding YouTube vids, and finally pulled the trigger on the Medallion axle back. Got it new for $650 and plan on doing the install this weekend. I'm already thinking that I will want the Invidia midpipes, but want to hear it for myself before ordering anything else.
Old 01-03-12, 02:08 PM
ximd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slammer1
I hate that I'm not hearing any love for the Tanabe exhaust in this thread. I went back and forth over it, read countless exhaust threads, watched tons of crappy sounding YouTube vids, and finally pulled the trigger on the Medallion axle back. Got it new for $650 and plan on doing the install this weekend. I'm already thinking that I will want the Invidia midpipes, but want to hear it for myself before ordering anything else.
I was in the same situation as you. Tried the tanabe and it was a bit on the quiet side. I later added invidia midpipes and the sound was louder but is not really of my tastes. I installed the fsport exhaust and have been satisfied ever since.
Old 01-03-12, 02:08 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i love my Tanabe sound and tips.I don't like loud and it works for me.
Old 01-03-12, 03:20 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's encouraging! I tried to do the research, but you know how it goes trying to get an accurate recording of something on YouTube, let alone exhaust note. You can hear wind noise and engine revs more than the exhaust in most of the videos.
Old 01-03-12, 03:35 PM
ximd
Pole Position

That's encouraging! I tried to do the research, but you know how it goes trying to get an accurate recording of something on YouTube, let alone exhaust note. You can hear wind noise and engine revs more than the exhaust in most of the videos.
i agree. video clips definitely can't be used to fully determine the actual sound of an exhaust. There are too many other factors such as sound quality and device used to record.
Old 01-03-12, 05:17 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

^ I agree. . you can also come out to meets and hear it in person
Old 01-03-12, 09:49 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...onepicx042.mp4

this was my old is250 with the HKS carbon TI
Old 01-04-12, 01:40 AM
JDMis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the Greddy SE + Invidia setup and i like the way it sounds. the only other exhaust i would trade it for would be the Lexus HKS Exhaust.
Old 01-04-12, 03:47 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I've had the Tanabe for over a year and it has suited me fine. Finally, decided I wanted a different tone, something a bit "louder" and picked up an F-Sport. Had the F-Sport for a day and I couldn't be happier, love how it sounds. IMHO, the F-Sport is the exhaust I would spend my $$$ on.
Old 01-04-12, 04:27 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a F sport exhaust but have yet to put it on. I'm thinking about running a different setup with invidia since I'm more after sound than performance. Any recommendation?
Old 01-04-12, 04:35 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dorkacho
I have a F sport exhaust but have yet to put it on. I'm thinking about running a different setup with invidia since I'm more after sound than performance. Any recommendation?
Fsport with invidia is crazy loud. Do it ftw lol
Old 01-04-12, 05:06 PM
LexStylez
Pole Position

I was in the same situation as you. Going back and forth between F-Sport and Tanabe. I decided on Tanabe because I didn't want a loud exhaust. It was perfect, not too quiet and not too loud. I love the look of the tips. If you're looking for a loud exhaust, Tanabe won't satisfy you.
Old 01-04-12, 05:09 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 509IS350
Fsport with invidia is crazy loud. Do it ftw lol
Yah, that's what I heard lol, that's why I don't want that setup. Is there anything a bit more moderate than that setup?
Old 01-04-12, 06:24 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

I think Tanabe + invidia might be the appropriate setup for me .. quieter exhaust + sound enhancing midpipe

Quick Reply: Best exhaust IYO