Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best exhaust IYO

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 10:49 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best exhaust for the 2is is hands down Suruga speed exhaust... but no one can afford it...
Old 01-07-12, 11:55 AM
ximd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
I think Tanabe + invidia might be the appropriate setup for me .. quieter exhaust + sound enhancing midpipe
that combination isn't as quiet as you think it might be. You should definitely find someone who has this and hear it in person first
Old 01-07-12, 01:50 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

I have a F sport exhaust but have yet to put it on. I'm thinking about running a different setup with invidia since I'm more after sound than performance. Any recommendation?
since you already have the fsport exhaust, why not give it a go?

fsport exhaust sounds great, if you are easy on the gas it barely makes any noise! and when you slam the pedal it sounds amazing

One of the best sounding exhaust for the 2IS without the need of mid pipes !
Old 01-07-12, 02:58 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Best sounding exhaust setup?

Megan mids + Lexus HKS or F-Sport exhaust of course!!!
Old 01-07-12, 11:29 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Megan mid so expensive ..
Old 01-08-12, 04:29 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed my Tanabe this afternoon. I like it, and it has a nice deep tone under acceleration. The problem that I have with it, is that you don't hear any difference at idle, or when "coasting". If you aren't in the gas, you don't hear the exhaust. There is a slight purr when starting the car and when shutting it off, but nothing at idle. I don't want to have to gun it from light to light to hear the exhaust note. I'm gonna give it a couple weeks, and then decide on the mid pipes. I'm a little afraid that it will be too loud with the pipes, but I will just remove them if it is. The fit and finish of the Tanabe is outstanding, btw. I will post up a few pics in a bit (watching football now)
Old 01-08-12, 04:45 PM
ximd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Just installed my Tanabe this afternoon. I like it, and it has a nice deep tone under acceleration. The problem that I have with it, is that you don't hear any difference at idle, or when "coasting". If you aren't in the gas, you don't hear the exhaust. There is a slight purr when starting the car and when shutting it off, but nothing at idle. I don't want to have to gun it from light to light to hear the exhaust note. I'm gonna give it a couple weeks, and then decide on the mid pipes. I'm a little afraid that it will be too loud with the pipes, but I will just remove them if it is. The fit and finish of the Tanabe is outstanding, btw. I will post up a few pics in a bit (watching football now)
That's the same dilemma I had when my car had the tanabe. Pretty much quiet at idle and can't hear much unless you are really gunning it. I believe there are some videos of both the megan and invidia midpipe that you can check out to get a general idea.
Old 01-08-12, 04:50 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you saying that the Megan mid pipe is a little "tamer" than the Invidia, when used with the Tanabe axle back?
Old 01-08-12, 06:30 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

heh... your "problem" with it is the exact reason I like it

that's why there's so many of these "which exaust??" threads, everyone like something different
Old 01-08-12, 06:47 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHOEy...eature=related

Most definitely the best sounding imo
Old 01-08-12, 06:55 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHOEy...eature=related

Most definitely the best sounding imo
you get what you PAID for. that thing must cost an arm and leg. maybe a toe too =X
Old 01-08-12, 07:04 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
you get what you PAID for. that thing must cost an arm and leg. maybe a toe too =X
Its only 5,300 bucks
Old 01-09-12, 10:34 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep , just 5,300. no big deal haha.
Old 01-09-12, 10:41 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Megan mid so expensive ..
Its not too bad IMO its worth it.

Are you saying that the Megan mid pipe is a little "tamer" than the Invidia, when used with the Tanabe axle back?
Yes - megan mids will be tamer because it keeps the secondary cats while invidia deletes them,
Old 01-09-12, 11:49 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Its not too bad IMO its worth it.

Yes - megan mids will be tamer because it keeps the secondary cats while invidia deletes them,
Sorry, more noob questions what's a secondary cats, and why would deleting them be louder...? Thanks for your time

Quick Reply: Best exhaust IYO