Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS supercharger for 430 on a 400??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 10:12 AM
bigL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LMS supercharger for 430 on a 400??

I'm considering putting a LMS S/C that was built for a 430 on my 400. Any have any ideas what kind of differences Im going to run into? Or any reasons it will or will not work? Thanks
Old 12-11-11, 12:10 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on the install I've done it should fit. Just make sure it has all of the supporting mods or be ready to shell out a lot more money. Trust me I just went through this. Make sure you have larger injectors because if you are going to want any whp over 325 you are going to want larger injectors. Generally you do not want to push injectors max duty cycle to over 80 percent (many people don't get this). This is dangerous because it can cause you're injector to go out since its being pushed close to its limit and this would be veeeerrrryy bad for your engine. And trust me you WILL want as much boost as possible. I started with the larger pulley and quickly went to the smaller pulley for more power.
So make sure you have injectors (500-700).
If you don't want to cut your oem injector wires and solder in the new ones then you need adapters (80.00)
Piggy back or standalone to control the larger injectors (500-????????)
Plus tune, install etc........

Also I believe the lms kits come with a "smaller" intercooler, so I wouldn't doubt if you end up upgrading the intercooler, but this is not necessary. (but a larger intercooler looks waaaay better behind the bumper, especially if you have an aftermarket front bumper)
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Old 12-11-11, 12:21 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LALEX1
Based on the install I've done it should fit. Just make sure it has all of the supporting mods or be ready to shell out a lot more money. Trust me I just went through this. Make sure you have larger injectors because if you are going to want any whp over 325 you are going to want larger injectors. Generally you do not want to push injectors max duty cycle to over 80 percent (many people don't get this). This is dangerous because it can cause you're injector to go out since its being pushed close to its limit and this would be veeeerrrryy bad for your engine. And trust me you WILL want as much boost as possible. I started with the larger pulley and quickly went to the smaller pulley for more power.
So make sure you have injectors (500-700).
If you don't want to cut your oem injector wires and solder in the new ones then you need adapters (80.00)
Piggy back or standalone to control the larger injectors (500-????????)
Plus tune, install etc........

Also I believe the lms kits come with a "smaller" intercooler, so I wouldn't doubt if you end up upgrading the intercooler, but this is not necessary. (but a larger intercooler looks waaaay better behind the bumper, especially if you have an aftermarket front bumper)
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Thanks LALEX1 still considering your kit as well...
Old 12-11-11, 12:25 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

No problem. Just trying to help. Also my kit will come with free techincal support (which I wish I had when I was installing the kit)
Either way good luck with your decision.
Old 12-13-11, 08:58 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Did you make sure all bolts that hold the bracket line up?

you shouldnt run into any problems long as everything fits. GS400s do have one less vacuum line or something like that compared to the GS430 when removing the intake box.

What does the kit include?
Old 12-13-11, 09:03 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes it will bolt up
Old 12-13-11, 03:24 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any opinions on the lms kit compared to the srt and rmm? Thanks
Old 12-14-11, 03:00 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

From what I gather from years of info on these forums is that the RMM and LMS kits were designed to rum around 350-360whp on the V8's, but obviously there are some with the RMM kit that are as high as 390whp like RMMGS4 (Glenn) and
Speedaddict but iirc they have changed their internals. As far as the SRT kit, I have seen some such as MrJohnson's old SRT stage 3 setup where he was pushing 406whp without internal engine mods, I dont even think he had headers either, come to think of it.
Old 12-14-11, 08:04 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
From what I gather from years of info on these forums is that the RMM and LMS kits were designed to rum around 350-360whp on the V8's, but obviously there are some with the RMM kit that are as high as 390whp like RMMGS4 (Glenn) and
Speedaddict but iirc they have changed their internals. As far as the SRT kit, I have seen some such as MrJohnson's old SRT stage 3 setup where he was pushing 406whp without internal engine mods, I dont even think he had headers either, come to think of it.
I didn't know that Glen or Speedaddict had internal mods, in fact I'm pretty sure they don't. But maybe they can chime in. I know Glen has headers though. I always heard to be careful when going over 400whp too due to tranny issues. What kind of internal mods do they have?
Old 12-14-11, 08:10 PM
airbender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what i read about there cars im with u they dnt mo from srt told me you can even run 420whp without internals but tranny will need spragg n vbody upgrade!
Old 12-15-11, 02:37 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not doing engine internals at least not for a while. eventhough my kit was setup for a tad over 400whp with the smallest pulley and no supporting mods, I may use a larger pulley to bring the psi down in order to bring the power down. I am shooting for 380whp or so. I want reliable power and do not want to push the power on the kit until I properly build the internals and the tranny. Fyi, I will be getting a soft tranny build such as a VB upgrade and a couple of other minors.
Old 12-15-11, 02:44 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

I was just wondering, what made you think that rmmgs4 and speedadic had upgraded their internals?
Old 12-15-11, 09:46 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

RMMGS4 and Speedaddic do not have internal mods.. if they did then there would have been a thread about it lol..

They have bolt on RMM kits.

Speed has the kit + header + exhaust + tune + fuel upgrades n what not

Glen has similar but with a newer more efficient FMIC setup.

Im sure you can bring the power on the RMM kits to 400 easy.. there are ways it just depends on how much money you want to fork.

i mean you can run the smallest pulley that you can get without slipping (or better yet convert into a COG pulley setup and run whatever size without worrying about slippage)

you can change up the intercooler to get better flow like Glen did to obtain "power"

Meth/water injection.

Change the impeller on the supercharger to a more efficient one that builds more boost throughout the range.

etc etc

MOOOOORRREEEEEEEEE POOOOOOOOOOWWWWAAAAAAAAa

the main part is... will your tranny take it?? also our engines are high compression engines.. from what i hear its not the best thing to FI.
Old 12-15-11, 04:40 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Thanks for all the info guys but it no longer matters.........since I just bought LALEX RMM kit Thanks again LA
Old 12-15-11, 04:46 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Keep us posted on the install... I know you will lol... Congrats

Quick Reply: LMS supercharger for 430 on a 400??