Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Jic Bullet or Greddy PE?????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-02, 02:53 PM
Gstt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jic Bullet or Greddy PE?????????

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm planning on getting an exhaust system for my 2000 Gs400.

Its between JIC bullet @ $$879 116mm tips 65mm Y pipes
or Greddy PE @ $620 donno if 136mm available for gs or its 115mm tips. (need 2 know)

I also have the SRT Intake + ECU.

how loud are we talking here? which is better.
which gives more power??

The JIC looks good but i can't make up my mind,

PLease HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-02, 04:13 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up my thoughts

considering i have never heard the jic exhaust and have a greddy on my vehicle, i would recommend the greddy. i was pleased with the sound and looks. i would think a larger tip would not look so appealing. the greddy was a good choice for me imo
Old 10-14-02, 01:17 AM
Gstt
Banned

Jic is the exhaust from the v300 TT. It just so happens that it fits the Gs400 perfectly. Its a full cat-back system and looks pretty crazy.
I don't know about the HP gain or sound, but from what i hear its quiet. ((2.3 inch pipes))

Tell me what you think guys.

Old 10-14-02, 01:24 AM
Gstt
Banned

jkhghg
Attached Thumbnails Jic Bullet or Greddy PE?????????-jic_stp.jpg  
Old 10-14-02, 04:12 AM
zenki300
Driver

Default ackk... 2.3???

I'm curious... is this JIC Bullet system you're referring to made of titanium? If it is, you're going to have one of the lightest along with the most "colorful" exhaust systems for the GS.

If you're planning to go forced induction later on, I'd rather go with the Greddy system due to the better piping size- 70mm. In case you stay N/A, that 2.3in. is fine, but don't expect too much gains because that sounds close to stock size piping.

Another thing to keep in mind... contrary to popular belief, backpressure is a myth. Yes, a little bit of it is necessary, but it's a rule mainly for the N/A's, because no matter what, an exhaust system will always cause your car to lose power on the low end, but it usually gets it back on the higher end if it's designed correctly.

As for forced induction (I'm guessing you've got some kind of f/i plans in the future because of your screen name), 3in piping exhaust systems are the "minimum." Keeping these things in mind when choosing will save you lots of money and trouble later on.
Old 10-14-02, 04:23 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a link to the JIC.

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=440
Old 10-14-02, 10:10 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Titanium for under $1000? No way. You won't even get full stainless for that price. I'd say go for Greddy. Cheaper and good design. The JIC will be louder judging by the tiny mufflers.
Old 10-14-02, 11:15 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the small piping will make up for hte small bullet style muffler. My guess is JIC will be quieter. Also JIC has resonators which the greddy does not.

I love my greddy but if i could do it again i would go with JIC or another bullet style exhaust. Its up to you in the end. Either JIC which is about same size tip but smaller canister, slight angle, less resonance @ speed, and quieter overall (cannot garentee this), or the greedy which is a little more agressive all around. You'll gain more top end with greddy.
Old 10-14-02, 02:54 PM
shftup
Intermediate

Default GSTT

Are those prices CAD? or ....USDA.
If, Cad, where from?
thxn
Old 10-14-02, 03:35 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: ackk... 2.3???

Originally posted by zenki300

If you're planning to go forced induction later on, I'd rather go with the Greddy system due to the better piping size- 70mm. In case you stay N/A, that 2.3in. is fine, but don't expect too much gains because that sounds close to stock size piping.

Another thing to keep in mind... contrary to popular belief, backpressure is a myth. Yes, a little bit of it is necessary, but it's a rule mainly for the N/A's, because no matter what, an exhaust system will always cause your car to lose power on the low end, but it usually gets it back on the higher end if it's designed correctly.

As for forced induction (I'm guessing you've got some kind of f/i plans in the future because of your screen name), 3in piping exhaust systems are the "minimum." Keeping these things in mind when choosing will save you lots of money and trouble later on.
Actually, backpressure IS a TOTAL myth. People assume that larger pipes have less backpressure. Actually, at lower gas flow, the larger diameter pipe hinders flow due to turbulence, reversion, acoustics and other dynamics. A larger diameter pipe will often hurt low end torque but not due to less backpressure.
Old 10-14-02, 04:07 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Gstt
Jic is the exhaust from the v300 TT. It just so happens that it fits the Gs400 perfectly. Its a full cat-back system and looks pretty crazy.
I don't know about the HP gain or sound, but from what i hear its quiet. ((2.3 inch pipes))

Tell me what you think guys.

According to the Overboost article the system uses dual 65mm piping (2.56") that is plenty big for even forced induction up to 500hp (assuming the other components flow well) It also mentions an anti-reversion chamber near the inlet. That may be the 3"+ OD pipe from the center resonator, it may have an AR chamber built into it which should help keep torque up. This is a stainless system with straight through resonators and mufflers. Most systems so designed are on the loud side. If anyone gets this please give us a review. I am also surprised to see this basic system available for the LS400
Old 10-15-02, 02:44 AM
Gstt
Banned

how its sits on a Gs400
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (35.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 10-15-02, 02:49 AM
Gstt
Banned

So my launch will be slower???
Old 10-15-02, 03:24 AM
Gstt
Banned

I luv greddy don't get me wrong but the pipes go down to only half of the car. The Jic is a full cat-back.
Should be quiet, but with the SRT Intake it will be loud no matter what.

i tried to upload the pic but its too large.

any pics of greddy PE on Gs's>>?
Old 10-15-02, 09:07 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

greddy is also cat back..

http://members.rogers.com/lexusrules my car is inthere

photos: http://members.rogers.com/lexusrules...lery/index.htm

Last edited by LexusRules; 10-15-02 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Jic Bullet or Greddy PE?????????