Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So hopefully this is my last problem WOT problem in GTE

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 03:09 PM
PMP 300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So hopefully this is my last problem WOT problem in GTE

OK so i have pretty much sorted out all my bugs from my conversion now except this one!!

If i floor it off the mark in 1st gear it revs out and drives like a NA no pull wha so ever

Now driving along if i floor it it bogs down and goes nowere

Now if i try both problems with the throttle not quite at the floor i get a decent pull like its supposed to but i have to constantly feather the throttle to keep it in the sweet spot otherwise it bogs down shudders and carrys on but doing this im also anly at 3/4 throttle

So whats the Go

im trying to get this sorted befor friday as im booked in for a dyno tune and to have my new blitz sbc id fitted
Old 12-11-11, 07:51 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PMP 300
OK so i have pretty much sorted out all my bugs from my conversion now except this one!!

If i floor it off the mark in 1st gear it revs out and drives like a NA no pull wha so ever

Now driving along if i floor it it bogs down and goes nowere

Now if i try both problems with the throttle not quite at the floor i get a decent pull like its supposed to but i have to constantly feather the throttle to keep it in the sweet spot otherwise it bogs down shudders and carrys on but doing this im also anly at 3/4 throttle

So whats the Go

im trying to get this sorted befor friday as im booked in for a dyno tune and to have my new blitz sbc id fitted
A friend of mine was fighting all the exact same symptoms in his turbo M52 swapped bimmer for weeks, he found a couple vacuum leaks hoped it was fixed, but still happened, then he thought it was the tune and talked with the people that tuned it for him and they swore it had to be a hardware issue like possibly a bad coil pack, plug gaps, or otherwise ignition related.

Long story short he did a leakdown and it turns out he had multiple valves not sealing correctly anymore. New headgasket, valve job, and head deck the cars runs flawless afterwards.

Did you ever do a leakdown? I know i mentioned it another thread of yours but I forgot what the issue was.

Leakdown testing will find the flaws in what ever the issue is, such as cooling system, valves, headgasket, rings, etc..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 12-18-11 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-11-11, 10:17 PM
PMP 300
Driver

no not yet i dont have access to one atm but wouldnt that cause a constant problem not intermittent
also if i WOT and it runs good i can feel it surging to
Old 12-12-11, 06:07 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I would have thought it would be constant too.

I rode in and drove his car a few times while he was having the issues. And it was exactly as you describe. If you floored it from a stop it felt like it wasn't turbo, if you eased in the pedal steady while you were rolling already it would boost great until you got to WOT and it would fall flat again.

He also was confused for a while because some days it would run really good and others it just felt like it was not even turbo'd.

Not saying you have the same problem. But the symptoms you describe are spot on to his. (I hope you don't have the same problem, although 2j's are easy to pull the head on, way easier than the M52 I helped him pull out as the bimmers have the I6 slanted at a 45 degree angle in the car to lower the center of gravity, what a pain!)

Not being constant is what lead the tuner to suggest that his problem was electrical/coil/ignition issues, but it turns out it wasn't. The head was fixed many months ago and it's runs fantastic in all rpm's all the time now.

Hope you get it figured out soon, so you can enjoy your swap..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 12-18-11 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-12-11, 02:19 PM
PMP 300
Driver

could it be soloniod related or tps still not set right

Last edited by PMP 300; 12-12-11 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-13-11, 08:29 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you could monitor the TPS while driving , you may see the fly buy wire backing out the percentage even though you have the pedal to the floor, Im expericing this and wondering if you are too?