Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help please DIY oxygen sensors gs300

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-11, 12:21 AM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Help please DIY oxygen sensors gs300

Hello fellas, im trying to make a DIY for oxygen sensors, all 4 of them,

i took as an example a thread of Lexbox https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...with-pics.html

im sort of noob at this, but thats how my 14mm bolts are looking like , rusty as hell, compare to the ones that Lexbox had to deal with.. ill PB blast them

So i am assuming that i would need to take of my headers in order to reach all of my O2 sensors, or am i wrong?

i dont know how to reach the 8th bolt that i marked red on the diagram
on this picture as well
im sure i heave exhaust leak somewhere, that's another reason i want take off headers and front exhaust pipe, and make a nice DIY,
Any advise or tips on removing headers if necessarily at all are appreciated
Old 12-13-11, 04:43 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

You should be able to remove all 4 O2 sensors with removing the manifolds. Should only have to remove the manifold if the O2 sensors break while removing them. Soak them real good with PB blaster.
Old 12-13-11, 10:36 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Might need to jack the car up to remove the ones below
Old 12-13-11, 09:21 PM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Default Oxygen sensors

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Might need to jack the car up to remove the ones below
Thanks Guys, thing is i can really see myself getting to three of them without getting the cats off, but the one on the bank2 i think, IS MARKED GREEN ON PICTURE above, not enough space really,
here is little update..

i could reach sensors on bank 1, but first on bank two is tricky one,, Any Advise, or ill need to take off headers?, THank you

Last edited by kondratus; 12-13-11 at 10:13 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-16-11, 08:24 AM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Default Let me share my experience with u

Hello CL people, i want to share with you my experience, i desided to take my car to a mechanic..

and what i saw was something, cins i was planning on to try to do it myself

i had a leak in my exhaust pipe, i wasnt sure though if it was the exhaust manifold with TWC or the front exhaust pipe.. when before i looked under my car i saw how bad were the bolts holding the two together (Rusty like a hundred year old car), Mechanic had literally torch them off..
plus the heat insulator on my Y PIPE was not an easy peace to take off as well. So when finally he took it off, and disconnected The Y pipe and Manifold, we found a hole in My Front pipe right where the Oxygen sensor is located. Unscrewed the sensor with a lot of force, disconnected it under the passengers side carpet. that was one of them. Oh Boy and that was just the beginning.

Dude welded the whole and put in a new sensor.

The best way to take off the next sensor when the car is lifted is BANK 1 SENSOR 2, its like right there . It was an easiest one to deal with, no struggle at all.
The third one was the BANK 1 SENSOR One. And that %$&%$%% was a pain in the %&^.. when he finally unscrew it, the thread was messed up. Dude made new thread. got the new sensor in.

So the next on and the last on was the one i had doubts about to take off without taking the headers off, So yes its possible, but only when you have the right tools, which i didnt. 15 minutes worth of mechanic hustle, finally out...

PS. when i bought a car like 5 years ago i had the check engine light on, and i had it ever since.
read the codes at lexus dealeship and it one of them was Charcoal Canister Valve malfunction.
And after i left the shop, no check engine lights, smooth ride, AWSOME
THANKS