Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT intake + chip 1/4 mile run!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-02, 03:34 AM
Gstt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SRT intake + chip 1/4 mile run!

i got a 2000 Gs400 with the SRT intake and chip.

I took my car to the track on 110 octane gas with full system at the back and busted a 15.1 at 93 MPH???

what is the average 1/4 mile runs of SRT intake mod?

I raced my boy's 1.9L SIR in 92 hatch civic and he busted 14.0 at 100mph
on the street, launch i take him, but he has a half car on me.

I'm taking my car once again to the track this sunday, this time with no system, and 94 octane.

should run low 14's judging from my race on the street with him.

Road & Track tested a Gs400 14.5 at 88Mph

just wondering what other people are doing with this setup.
Old 10-15-02, 03:46 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you using brake torque technique on your launches? Or are you simply pressing the gas after releasing the brake?

Chu...
Old 10-15-02, 12:54 PM
Gstt
Banned

brake, rev to 1800-1900rpm and launch, trust me i did the best launch i could do, with no wheel spin and that was still the time, i was shocked.

Then again, I'm thinking it was the 110 octane in the car. That much can't be good on NA engines. ( plus 2 kicker 15'' L7's in the trunk)

I'll post new results soon, i know it should be faster.

Also when i try to do a burn out now, my driver side rear wheel seems to be the only tire burning. Before it was both tires, but after crazy street races in which i rev and brake, my LSD could be damaged. That could be another reason. I can't properly burn out no more. THe car won't hold the power in.

I don't even know how to tell lexus this.
Old 10-15-02, 06:08 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: SRT intake + chip 1/4 mile run!

Originally posted by Gstt
i got a 2000 Gs400 with the SRT intake and chip.

I took my car to the track on 110 octane gas with full system at the back and busted a 15.1 at 93 MPH???

what is the average 1/4 mile runs of SRT intake mod?

I raced my boy's 1.9L SIR in 92 hatch civic and he busted 14.0 at 100mph
on the street, launch i take him, but he has a half car on me.

I'm taking my car once again to the track this sunday, this time with no system, and 94 octane.

should run low 14's judging from my race on the street with him.

Road & Track tested a Gs400 14.5 at 88Mph

just wondering what other people are doing with this setup.

Also when i try to do a burn out now, my driver side rear wheel seems to be the only tire burning. Before it was both tires, but after crazy street races in which i rev and brake, my LSD could be damaged.
Hmmm... 15.1 at 93 is average slow. What were the conditions at the track? Temp? Humidity? Barometer? What altitude is the track? How much extra weight is in the car? Did you have a full gas tank?

You did mean 98mph in "Road and Track" right?

Also, unless you have had an LSD installed your car does not have one and only one tire will spin in most situations. Easy way to check is jack both rear tires off the ground, put tranny in neutral, parking brake off... turn one rear tire by hand. If the other rear tire turns the same direction you have an LSD (I am fairly sure this applies to the quaiffe style torque sensing LSDs it definitely applies to clutch style LSDs) if you have a standard differential the tires will rotate in opposite directions.
Old 10-15-02, 06:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Also when i try to do a burn out now, my driver side rear wheel seems to be the only tire burning. Before it was both tires, but after crazy street races in which i rev and brake, my LSD could be damaged

Gstt: GS4xx's do not come from the factory with a LSD. I'm assuming you added either the TRD LSD or the Supra Torsen LSD? I'm only asking because you didn't mention having added the LSD to your car in your initial post. EDIT - I just noticed Jbrady said pretty much the same thing in his post, sorry for the duplication.

Also I've read that if you don't have real drag tires, doing a burnout doesn't help you gain any traction (unless you like all that crap under the back quarter panel).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-15-02 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-15-02, 07:53 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Question what kinda chips?

what kind fo chip does your car have? is it the jet chip you can order? any other chips of that nature available?
Old 10-15-02, 08:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts
Default Re: what kinda chips?

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
what kind fo chip does your car have? is it the jet chip you can order? any other chips of that nature available?
He's talking about the SRT ECU that comes with the intake.
Old 10-15-02, 09:50 PM
Gstt
Banned

My bad, i was under the impression that it did come with a LSD.

I'm thinking it was the octane and the system.
I'll find out sunday at the track. I'm hoping low 14's.
I'll take it from their on.

Thinking about TQ, but not certain about somethings like
valve body upgrade is a must?? ($575)
TRanny cooler??(???)
TRD LSD ($900)
labour for each.

Crazy duty fee's for it to come to TORONTO
Old 10-15-02, 10:00 PM
Gstt
Banned

My supra brakes are ****ing pissing me the **** off.

MY rotors warp like ****ing water.

I Had the brembo front disk project MeUU pads, warped in 1 week

now i have KVR cross drilled, slotted, cadnium plated and craowl soaked, and from 180km to stop my steering is vibrating, its going to warp soon, i can tell. I have spent enough for this brake upgrade and nothing but trouble for me. I paid as much as the stillen 4piston upgrade for $1800 U.S. but that wouldn't fit under stock rims.

I'm running spacers in front now.

any way i can fix this rotor warp business???? how do u deal with it. I run hard on my brakes all the time.( that could be why)
Old 10-15-02, 10:56 PM
roenick7
Driver

110 octane is leaded gas FYI you also have CATS NOT a good Idea. Take off the CATS if you run 110 or you will replace them very very soon. Worse they could melt and cause too much back pressure and shut down your car. 104 VP unleaded racing gas is what you want.

You could use exhaust also to help breath on other end. TM plugs,Torque Converter. I think high 13's is best you can expect with a N/A GS unless you rebuild your engine. (port;polish;pistons;rods;valves;cams...)

Good Luck!

PS Launch @ 2200 with stock diff.
Old 10-16-02, 01:45 AM
Gstt
Banned

the 110 octane gas was not leded. I'm pretty sure it wasn't, it said on the pump at the track,
Old 10-16-02, 05:51 PM
roenick7
Driver

as far as I know NO ONE makes 110 unleaded. It is nascar fuel/Leaded 110.
Old 10-16-02, 05:55 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

My supra brakes are ****ing pissing me the **** off.

MY rotors warp like ****ing water.

I'm running spacers in front now.

any way i can fix this rotor warp business???? how do u deal with it. I run hard on my brakes all the time.( that could be why)
The spacers could be the problem. I have heard that improper torque on the lug nuts can induce warp and with spacers there is a big change in the elasticity of the studs (longer area between support and lug)

Why do you need spacers with the Supra brakes? My LS400 has almost carbon copies of the Supra stuff and obviously doesn't need spacers (12.4" rotors, large 4 piston calipers)
Old 10-16-02, 06:00 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

If running properly... anything over 98 octane is a waste... arguably anything over 95. If you want to make sure your octane is sufficient you may add 1 gallon of racing hi octane unleaded to say 3-4 gallons of 93 pump.

FYI, the higher the octane the HARDER it is to burn. That is its purpose. It does not have more energy than lesser octane it just allows higher compression or forced induction or more timing... these are why an engine makes more power not the octane. Run the minimum octane needed for your engine.

Check my sig, that 14.6 was with a 1/4 tank of 93 octane Chevron gasoline. I am going back to the track tonight with much better air and a couple of mods planned. I will post results in the LS forum and (hopefully) change my sig
Old 10-16-02, 09:35 PM
Gstt
Banned

I'm Running on stock Gs400 chromes, I got the H&R spacers 15mm from rod millen. Nothing but trouble since i put it on.

doesn't fit in stock rims withou spacers

dono man,

Quick Reply: SRT intake + chip 1/4 mile run!