Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

For Immediate Press Release!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02 | 10:57 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by Mariusz
Here is a quick comparison of a BPU+++ Supra and Directed Engineering Street Single Supra. All done on pump gas. This is for comparison sakes only as figures will always vary and are dependant on other factors such as humidity, temp, etc....

The BPU+++ Supra and the GS400 were dynoed on a Dynojet and the DE Single Street Supra was done on WinPEP.

BPU+++ Supra Dyno http://www.lexushp.com/BPU+++.jpg
DE Street Single Supra Dyno http://www.directedengineering.com/images/534_med.jpg

Here all three dynoes combined.
http://www.lexushp.com/CombinedDyno.jpg

Here are the #'s on which the combined dyno was based.
http://www.lexushp.com/rwhp.jpg

At 1bar, I have a feeling the SRT GS will have a power curve "to die for." Also, I can hear the cats screaming "Let us go, let us go." Lol. The turbos are good for 720RWHP. Who knows, maybe a 700RWHP GS with an insanely quick spool is not in too distant future.
Mariusz,

Why would you use my dyno when you know my car wasn't running right at the time of the dyno. Also this was in TTC mode. You have witness how much more power my car has now, that I fixed the AIR/FUEL controller (12.9 @ 116mph Street tires). I think we should compare the dynos after I go and dyno again. Also you didn't show the DE kit. You showed an SP63 turbo on RPS kit.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:05 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by onefastjap
[B]

Mariusz,

Why would you use my dyno when you know my car wasn't running right at the time of the dyno. Also this was in TTC mode. You have witness how much more power my car has now, that I fixed the AIR/FUEL controller (12.9 @ 116mph Street tires).
This is not about you. Relax. It is just a comparison. I used a 402RWHP BPU+++ dyno since I think that BPU+++ dynos range anywhere from 400-440RWHP. If you would like me to find a dyno for a 440RWHP and inlclude it, I will be more than glad to do so.

I think we should compare the dynos after I go and dyno again.
No problem. I will include that too.

Also you didn't show the DE kit. You showed an SP63 turbo on RPS kit.
http://www.directedengineering.com/d...erformance.php
Says "DE single turbo kit w/SP63." Well, I think it is a DE single turbo kit, but if it is not, then it's the SP63. This is for sake of comparison anyhow. Sorry if I made a mistake.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:06 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

Mariusz,
Only one problem, you have to consider STD vs. SAE correction, the GS400 on STD correction is 449.7 RWHP and 471.3 torque.

Most places like to keep it in STD because it shows a higher number.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:09 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

This is not about you. Relax. It is just a comparison. I used a 402RWHP BPU+++ dyno since I think that BPU+++ dynos range anywhere from 400-440RWHP. If you would like me to find a dyno for a 440RWHP and inlclude it, I will be more than glad to do so.

No problem. I will include that too.

http://www.directedengineering.com/d...erformance.php
Says "DE single turbo kit w/SP63." Well, I think it is a DE single turbo kit, but if it is not, then it's the SP63. This is for sake of comparison anyhow. Sorry if I made a mistake.

Ok, this is dyno of BPU+++ running like it should
Old 11-04-02 | 11:11 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by Swift Racing
Mariusz,
Only one problem, you have to consider STD vs. SAE correction, the GS400 on STD correction is 449.7 RWHP and 471.3 torque.

Most places like to keep it in STD because it shows a higher number.
Yes, you are correct Mo, very nice numbers and I can't wait to see some higher boost runs. What is the max boost you can run on this kit? What would be my number after correction?
Old 11-04-02 | 11:11 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Ok, this is dyno of BPU+++ running like it should
Relax. We are comparing the setup for the sake of argument. No need to defend your BPU+++ and bust out with the highest RWHP for a BPU+++ .

Last edited by Mariusz; 11-04-02 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:16 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

Max boost will be set at 15psi on pump gas.

You need to consult your dyno shop to do the conversion, there are many factors that play like temp, humidity, elevation of the dyno shop, the software needs to do the convertion.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:19 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

Relax. We are comparing the setup for the sake of argument. No need to defend your BPU+++ and bust out with the highest RWHP for a BPU+++ .
I think you should relax. If you going to compare two cars, than at least make sure you take a dyno of a bpu+++ that runs properly. Its funny how you had to take my dyno chart knowing the car wasn't running right. But after all my, car did put down 402 with a broken Air Temp Sensor.

Andthis is another BPU+++
Old 11-04-02 | 11:22 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

Max boost will be set at 15psi on pump gas.

You need to consult your dyno shop to do the conversion, there are many factors that play like temp, humidity, elevation of the dyno shop, the software needs to do the convertion.
How sweet, what do you think the car will put down at 15psi? Also can't you remove the cats to get less back pressure which would help with the spool and make little more hp? Or at least put high flow cats and larger exhaust piping? The stock GS is what, 2"?
Old 11-04-02 | 11:26 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

I think you should relax. If you going to compare two cars, than at least make sure you take a dyno of a bpu+++ that runs properly.

You must be very insecure. Where did I compare cars? Lol. I just took several turbo setups without even mentioning any details about these cars. One more time just for you. THIS IS FOR COMPARISON SAKES. THESE NUMBERS WILL VARY. Did you get that?

Its funny how you had to take my dyno chart knowing the car wasn't running right.
I'm getting tired of repeating this. This is not about you. Stop being conceided. No one would even know this was your car if you didn't open your mouth

But after all my, car did put down 402 with a broken Air Temp Sensor.
OK. Great. Lol. And?

Andthis is another BPU+++
Relax a bit. Calm down. No one is trying to "beat" you in anything.

Last edited by Mariusz; 11-04-02 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:31 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

You will just have to wait for the final dyno numbers, there are a couple of changes that need to be made to the system, however we will stop as soon as we hit 500RWHP even if it is less than 15psi.

Yes we could remove the cats and increase the exhaust size however max power gains for the vehicle is not our objective, we believe that we can get the numbers we want leaving the stock exhaust system alone (you are correct it is dual 2"), it just keeps the car sounding like stock ("sleeper" as some would refer to it). As far as spool is concerned there is virtually no lag on the street as there is on the dyno, if you press the pedal more than half way from a stop the car squables for traction.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:33 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

You must be very insecure. Where did I compare cars? Lol. One more time just for you. THIS IS FOR COMPARISON SAKES. THESE NUMBERS WILL VARY. Did you get that?

I'm getting tired of repeating this. This is not about you. Stop being conceided. No one would even know this was your car if you didn't open your mouth

OK. Great. Lol. And?

Relax a bit. Calm down. No one is trying to "beat" you in anything.
You wanted to compare bpu supra to TT GS. I said, at least compare bpu that is running right, not one with broken air sensor. I don't see you comparing broken TT GS to a healthy running supra.... I mean if you show a dyno chart of a BPU supra that is not running correctly, than everyone will get the wrong impression of what BPU+++ can put down. I’m simply correcting your mistake, don’t get mad.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:36 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

You will just have to wait for the final dyno numbers, there are a couple of changes that need to be made to the system, however we will stop as soon as we hit 500RWHP even if it is less than 15psi.

Yes we could remove the cats and increase the exhaust size however max power gains for the vehicle is not our objective, we believe that we can get the numbers we want leaving the stock exhaust system alone (you are correct it is dual 2"), it just keeps the car sounding like stock ("sleeper" as some would refer to it). As far as spool is concerned there is virtually no lag on the street as there is on the dyno, if you press the pedal more than half way from a stop the car squables for traction.
True, dyno numbers are always lower, and don't really show the spool that you would get on the street. And I also think that 500rwhp in any car is A LOT. I don't even ask for more than 500rwhp in my supra. I mean we have DIABLO, FERRARI F50 with like 500 Crank. To think that a 4 door sedan will put down 500 is just crazy.
Old 11-04-02 | 11:36 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

You wanted to compare bpu supra to TT GS. I said, at least compare bpu that is running right, not one with broken air sensor. I don't see you comparing broken TT GS to a healthy running supra.... I mean if you show a dyno chart of a BPU supra that is not running correctly, than everyone will get the wrong impression of what BPU+++ can put down. I’m simply correcting your mistake, don’t get mad.
Great. Is this the final dyno for the TT GS? No. SO like I said, this is just for the sakes of comparison (for the 10th time) and many things can be argued (such as the fact that this is not the dyno of a 500RWHP GS) dugh. Man, will you ever grow up
Old 11-04-02 | 11:41 AM
onefastjap
Rookie

Man, will you ever grow up
Grow up? Next time make sure you post a dyno of a supra BPU that is running correctly. Don't try to down play the Supra, because I know this is what you trying to do. Also you said that this is not car to car comparison. Than why did you bother including 2 supra’s into this? Also I would appreciate if you did not use my dyno.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: For Immediate Press Release!