Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo GS4. For Immediate Press Release!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-02, 06:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Is there Dyno info yet?
Old 10-28-02, 04:29 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Is there Dyno info yet?
I thought dyno testing was a part of ensuring a proper tune on the TT cars. Doesnt SRT do some dyno tuning before releasing the TT car to the customer to take home???....even if it is JUST 3psi for now???

Last edited by tinygs; 10-28-02 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 07:46 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by tinygs

I thought dyno testing was a part of ensuring a proper tune on the TT cars. Doesnt SRT do some dyno tuning before releasing the TT car to the customer to take home???....even if it is JUST 3psi for now???

If your engine is fitted with brand new pistons, I don't think it is a good idea to push 500rwhp right away. You have to ensure a proper "break in" period. This is why they will have to wait untill the car gets through the first 1000 mile mark after the setup. Whether that will take 1 day or 3 weeks, it all depends on the driver. If I have the patience to wait for almost three months now for my car to get done, you guys can wait couple of days for the dyno charts

Last edited by Mariusz; 10-28-02 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 11:21 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i'm gonna have to agree with tiny on this one. 1000 miles before dyno tuning an engine just fitted with a turbo? that does not sound right at all...
Old 10-29-02, 02:37 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by pvmike1
i'm gonna have to agree with tiny on this one. 1000 miles before dyno tuning an engine just fitted with a turbo? that does not sound right at all...

Lol. I hope you are kidding. What does not sound right? Do you think that this setup does not exist? Or maybe that SRT won't post a dyno sheet after releasing this info? I'm sort of confused as to what doesn't sound right when you don't know any details about the setup. When you put in the pistons, it is close to having a new engine. I believe that when you get your new Lexus, the dealership advises you to allow the car to break in. And that is with only 240rwhp, not double that. Let's wait for the details before jumping the gun. After that, we can judge all the + and/or - aspects of the setup
Old 10-29-02, 08:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I'm really beginning to think SRT is full of it. They announce a product like this with no dyno sheets? Maybe a customer's car needs 'break-in' but they certainly should have their own model dyno results.

Even if I wanted to spend that kind of dough I wouldn't buy this setup.
Old 10-29-02, 11:11 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit, the car that you see is the development mule, even though its a customers car. the buzz was so strong for the TT, that SRT decided to show pics just to whet the appetite of potential customers. if anything, the word that they were developing the system should not have leaked when the turbo of for the 2jz came out. waiting for the pistons to break in is common practice before going full bore with boost and all.
Old 10-29-02, 12:01 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Time man Time is what it takes....believe me Mo will have numbers when its time! Thats a pretty peice of machinery and not worth tearing it up just to get some dyno #s before its properly broke in.
Old 10-29-02, 02:46 PM
jefe
Rookie

yea where are the dynos , you need ot go high boost on race gas on your engine with 25 miles on it or else i dont believe you. jk. im pretty sure it is worth it for mariusz to not screw up his engine just to satisfy the people on the internet.
Old 10-29-02, 05:50 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Like I said, I know people are clamouring for dyno numbers, and yes, there are unofficial dyno numbers on 3lbs of boost, because the car had to be TUNED for it to be driven during the breakin period. And, YES, I know what they are, BUT, I am not breaking my big $$$ engine/pistons/rods/parts, to get some numbers to satisfy someone's curiousity (who probably would NOT ever get the TT setup anyway). I am VERY satisfied with what I know on the numbers, so far on 3lbs of boost!!!!

Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 10-29-02 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 07:28 PM
IS200 3SGTE
Pole Position

man some of you guys crack me up, you guys think the car or the setup doesn't exist! LOL ya they just put the pipes there just to fool everyone here into believing they have developed a TT GS400.

This is a untestd setup and tuning and breaking in must be done! how about u take home a new built 800HP 2JZ GTE engine and run it to max RPM where ever you go without breaking it in, see how long it lasts. you need to break in any engine more so a high performance engine.

man some of you guys are ridiculous.
Old 10-30-02, 12:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by IS200 3SGTE
man some of you guys crack me up, you guys think the car or the setup doesn't exist!
I didn't say it doesn't exist, but it's pointless announcing it (and they did ANNOUNCE it, it didn't just leak out) if you have no data to back it up.

This is a untestd setup and tuning and breaking in must be done!
How do you build one if it's not tested? If they've built ONE ENGINE / TRANNY this way and haven't put it through any paces yet, then it's gonna be a while before the thing is reliable for sale.
Old 10-30-02, 12:42 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like i said Bit, i think that the pics where just to whet our appetites. a little tease. obviously the tease didnt agree with you just get it and let me ride in it, why dont you?
Old 10-30-02, 12:45 AM
IS200 3SGTE
Pole Position

how do you build anything for the first time? dream of it and it will appear? it is untested as in it is not yet ready for the main stream.

listen i am just saying don't shoot them down before they even have a chance to prove anything. Give it time and eventually it will come out.

It is not a life or death situation, give it time.
Old 10-30-02, 11:28 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Man, Bit, I didn't know your car had a SRT TT in it? Wow, and to think, I thought I was the first one to have it. The way you are talking about "haven't put it through any paces yet", and "it's gonna be a while before the thing is reliable for sale", you must work at SRT. You said SRT built ONE engine, eh? Hmmmm that's funny. I could have SWORN that I saw 2 engines being built (Ken/Mariusz) as we speak, but you know better, right? You did say "If they've built ONE ENGINE / TRANNY this way"

So define "a while before the thing is reliable"? What is "a while"? How long was your TT setup in R&D? How long was it in the testing/tuning phase? What boost are you running for your setup? I mean if you are going to make statements like you KNOW, then enlighten us, or me at least.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

~this is grown "folk" conversation

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo GS4. For Immediate Press Release!