Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 12:14 AM
jy2003is5spd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

I want to no what kind of engine work i can do to my car without screwing up the warranty. i no that i can go L-tuned, but im not sure about n e thing else, L-Tuned doesn't have that many product for the IS300........ does anyone know what kind? or if i can put exhaust, intake and heades that wont screw up the warranty! Thanx Justin

Last edited by jy2003is5spd; 10-29-02 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-30-02, 01:01 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

it all depends on your dealer. some dont care about basic bolt on mods, some do. in the event something fails in ur engine, they will have to prove that your aftermarket parts were the reason for this failure to not warranty it.

as for the exhaust, i dont think its going to affect ur warranty at all... at least it shouldn't.. some exhausts out there include the hks hiper, greddy evo, tanabe racing medallion, l-tuned, blitz, 5zigen, jic, etc...

as for intakes, SRT HFI w/race piggyback. some dealerships will still honor your warranty with this product, some wont.
Old 11-24-02, 08:14 PM
ARD LS
Rookie

THe catback/axleback exhaust should not void your warranty at all. The dealership would have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem. one which is highly unlikely with a catback. You're protected by SEMA foundation.

IF you want some killer pricing on any of those systems I'd be happy to help. I highly recommend the JIC system. It's beautiful and not obnoxious. The sound is incredible.
Old 12-06-02, 10:12 PM
wax on 1
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

jy2003is5spd

none you moron!!!!
all mods must be done with lexus or trd parts at a dealer
Old 12-07-02, 08:00 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Oh c'mon. Don't make me regret complementing your car, wax.

That is just uncalled for and so not true.

JY - you need to be willing to expect trouble from dealerships if you have any modification. Lexus is toyota, so if you do the trd/ltuned stuff at a dealership - they will be willing to work with you. But you pay $$$$$. I've always done my own work. I do not work with delearships at all. They are rip offs. Shop around for the parts you want. Know what they do, how they do it, and where they go. Use a trusted mechanic or performance shop or learn how to do it yourself. Dealership is last resort IMO. SEMA does offer protection. You need to pay to play though and as a general rule - car dealers do not like modified cars (unless they are selling them).
Old 12-10-02, 02:42 AM
JeffNaber
Driver School Candidate

Default intake

what intake would you recommend me getting? I have a 2003 is300 and i do not want to get exhaust, i just want intake, but how much would it cost and how much faster will it make my car?
Old 12-26-02, 02:43 PM
DJPoop
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: intake

Originally posted by JeffNaber
what intake would you recommend me getting? I have a 2003 is300 and i do not want to get exhaust, i just want intake, but how much would it cost and how much faster will it make my car?
If you really want to know....don't expect much at all from just an intake. Even the SRT w/ R-ECU which is the best, and also most expensive, will only give you nominal gains. You might feel a little faster, but chances are, all the extra noise produced by the intake will just make you think your going faster. Its just not worth it IMO.
Old 01-10-03, 12:45 AM
Inochi3
Driver School Candidate

you can also look into plp's new intake, it has proven gains and looks almost stock