Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 10:07 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3

Rough or not, as long as it don't leak or break it's good to go. Pretty is awesome, but I've seen some beautiful beads break. The focus is penetration.

Looks like it was done with no gas or done with C25, switching to Tri-mix makes all the difference in welding stainless.

But like seeing progress being made here, you should pretty close to driving now!!!
Yep, it was dont with no gas. That is all I had access to and Im starting to get really low on project cash. A shop here in town wanted like $450 to cut and weld it up for me. My friend only asked for $100 that he needs to put into his RB26 fund. I sold my 240 for $6500 and thats the money I used to fund this swap. I think I have like $140 left. And that is for the fuel return, and all the fluids. Time to start putting in for overtime again. Sometimes I wish I loved playing chess or checkers or building models as much as I love cars. Id have a lot more money............and my wife would not be mad at me as much. LOL
Old 06-06-12, 10:14 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Default Fmic

The company I ordered the FMIC is called Autobahn88. It came packaged up really well and everything looked like it was made really well. They did put in one wrong pipe though. So ill have to order 2 pieces of pipe from ebay to finish up the job. Or I could just improvise with some old S13 pipes I have laying around.
Attached Thumbnails 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-21-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-22-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-23-.jpg  
Old 06-06-12, 10:40 PM
lexus24md
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Japan Direct Japanese, they are out of Canada. Google them. Ask for "Moe". He will help you out.

thanks bro. do the stock us gs300 trannys fit the aristo swap? or do u need their tranny as well?
Old 06-06-12, 10:55 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Im not sure as I havent tried it myself. I think there is a write up on it in one of the other 2gs sections. Just get your swap with the aristo transmission. Much easier of a swap.
Old 06-07-12, 02:48 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, Im getting close. I received my FMIC yesterday and was so excited that i took it out of the box at 1am after I got home from work and decided to mock it on to the car. I got the IC into position and the the intake side all mocked up. When I tried to mock up the pipe on the throttle body side it would work. I think they sent me the pipe for a JZS147 or possibly a MK4. I was kinda pissed but, thats what you get when you take a chance with a small name company. Dont get me wrong, the pipe and the IC and all the couplers and clamps are very good. They were packed up very professionally and not just thrown in the box. I just think the put the wrong pipe in on accident. So now Ill have to order a couple pieces of pipe to finish the job. The other thing I noticed is that I am going to have to cut out and trim up some of my front bumper. Was not expecting that. I might have to remove the fog lights. But oh well, I never use them anyways. Now I just need to run the fuel return line and fill up with fluids and she if she will start up!!!!!
You said you were gonna get a greddy kit? Either way the autobahn kit and for the price dont expect it to fit perfect like a greddy or hks kit.
Old 06-07-12, 02:17 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by japspec
You said you were gonna get a greddy kit? Either way the autobahn kit and for the price dont expect it to fit perfect like a greddy or hks kit.
Yea I know but, this one was about $150 cheaper!!! Ill spend like $30 on 2 pieces of pipe and Ill have saved a bit to use on the car. Im going to shoot for start up this weekend....hopefully.
Old 06-07-12, 05:20 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Yea I know but, this one was about $150 cheaper!!! Ill spend like $30 on 2 pieces of pipe and Ill have saved a bit to use on the car. Im going to shoot for start up this weekend....hopefully.
Good stuff you'll be fine
Old 06-09-12, 10:51 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus24md
thanks bro. do the stock us gs300 trannys fit the aristo swap? or do u need their tranny as well?
Depends on how you want to go about it. It's been done both ways.

Remember the engine and trans ECU's are integrated on the GS'. As such, if you run the Aristo engine ECU, then it sort of limits you to the Aristo trans.

Or, you can run the stock GS ECU, and piggyback it to run Aristo engine.

Or, you could go stand alone.

There's a ton of different ways to go, and hence no one can give the "correct" answer.
Old 06-11-12, 12:46 AM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Well, I got her running today and all I can say is wow. She's still on jack stands and I haven't drove her yet but the engine idles great and I have no CEL's. I even shifted through the gears and everything seems great. Im going to have to do some cutting to my bumper and some modding for the FMIC but Its looking like Ill have her on the road by next weekend. I have some videos but I have never tried to post one up on here. FugggggYeaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Old 06-11-12, 02:51 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

I keep trying to download a video of the car running on here but it keeps saying upload failed.....
Is there something different I need to do??
Old 06-11-12, 02:58 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Got any pics of the autobahn mounting and pipe routing? Interested in how they setup the piping as a bolt in kit.

Just post the video on youtube and link it. Or email it to me and I'll post it.
Old 06-11-12, 05:36 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Got any pics of the autobahn mounting and pipe routing? Interested in how they setup the piping as a bolt in kit.

Just post the video on youtube and link it. Or email it to me and I'll post it.
Ill get some pics this week of it mounted. It for the most part a bolt on kit. BUT....i still have to do some trimming on the metal under the passenger headlight. There is a lip there and the piping is a little to thick so the head light wont sit flush. The bumper is going to need some trimming as well. Ill be doing that this weekend. Ill take pics as im cutting away. So all in all, it is not a 100% direct bolt on. You still have to do some fab work. But not as much as you will have to to with a universal kit I believe. The couplers are great quality. The clamps are about a 6 out of 10. But they work.
Old 06-11-12, 05:41 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

I so have one problem. On start up sometimes....the car will rev right up to 3500 rpm and stay there even if I move the throttle lever. It does it with the throttle cable removed or installed. Ill have to shut the car off and restart it a few times for it to start up and idle normally. Any ideas? Bad TPS? if it is I still have my old GE engine and I can rob it off that. Other than that, there does not seem to be any other issues going on. I have no CEL's and the Idle is perfect. I took a video revving it up with a lighter sitting on the plastic spark plug cover and it didnt fall off the car!!!!!.
Old 06-11-12, 05:59 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets see the video!
Old 06-11-12, 07:22 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I so have one problem. On start up sometimes....the car will rev right up to 3500 rpm and stay there even if I move the throttle lever. It does it with the throttle cable removed or installed. Ill have to shut the car off and restart it a few times for it to start up and idle normally. Any ideas? Bad TPS? if it is I still have my old GE engine and I can rob it off that. Other than that, there does not seem to be any other issues going on. I have no CEL's and the Idle is perfect. I took a video revving it up with a lighter sitting on the plastic spark plug cover and it didnt fall off the car!!!!!.
Sounds like a TPS, Pliccad was running into similar issues a few weeks back, he ended up getting another used throttle body and just swapped the whole thing sensors/motor and it fixed his issues.

There is a TPS adjustment procedure, and there are a couple threads around here about adjusting it.

Quick Reply: 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!