Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 05:00 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Final result!

And here she is all put back together. I really need a new front bumper real bad and the top piece of the core support. But other than that shes done! Now to start researching for the manual swap!! Like my S13 power steering res??? LOL
Attached Thumbnails 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-21-.jpg  

Last edited by GS300LUV; 06-18-12 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 05:05 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS671
I've learned a lot in this thread. Really gives me a heads up on what I'll be running into when I do my swap.
That is the reason I wanted to post all of my progress! This is a somewhat of an easy swap! When I was researching on it I found a bunch of random stuff but not much to completion. Or it was not a direct stock swap. So hopefully this can help some people out. I still have a bunch of pictures that I havent posted up yet. But Ill get to it soon! Good luck with your swap.
Old 06-18-12, 05:30 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the swap! Im glad everything worked out ok for you. I hope I get the same level of excitement once I turn the key over. Ive been keeping up with your build so I can use the info as a guide for my build. My GS430 currently sits in the garage with the Aristo swap right in front of it. Once again congratulations and keep us updated with more useful information!
Old 06-18-12, 06:39 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIP161
Congratulations on the swap! Im glad everything worked out ok for you. I hope I get the same level of excitement once I turn the key over. Ive been keeping up with your build so I can use the info as a guide for my build. My GS430 currently sits in the garage with the Aristo swap right in front of it. Once again congratulations and keep us updated with more useful information!
Are you going single, or staying with the stock twins?
You should post some pics of you swap sitting in front of the car? What are you going to do as far as electrical is concerned?
Old 06-19-12, 03:22 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Are you going single, or staying with the stock twins?
You should post some pics of you swap sitting in front of the car? What are you going to do as far as electrical is concerned?
I was planning on staying with the twins only because I want to get the car up and running already but I know Im not going to be completely satisfied until I go with a single turbo. So what I plan on doing now is removing the twins and begin gathering parts for the single setup. I'll take a couple pictures in a bit when I head down to the garage.
Old 06-19-12, 03:23 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Ohh yeah, as for the electrical, I plan on sending my harnesses in to Phoenix Tuning to avoid having wiring issues and headaches. I want it to be as plug and play as possible.
Old 06-19-12, 05:12 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Man I finally got it out on a good road and opened her up! I swear I felt like pulling a Quagmire and tying a rope around my neck and rubbing one out! LOL These past few days I have only been driving her around town to RE-BREAK her in. So the whole time I've only been feeling one turbo I think. Well today was different, I felt the 2nd turbo kick in and it was great! Ill tell you one thing....I WILL go single turbo soon!
Old 06-19-12, 05:13 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Oh before I forget, I was going to pick up some stock DENSO plugs but, I decided I think I will go with NGK's. Which ones should I get though?
Old 06-19-12, 06:01 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I've ran a couple different kinds in mine, but I've been running the copper BKR7E/BKR8E tuning the car and they run wayyyy better than the dual electrode denso's did and the ngk iridiums did. I know there is alot of controversy either way on the best plug to use, so you may wanna do some research and come to your own conclusion.

But really just an exact stock replacement is prob best in your case, even with the front mount and intake, no need to go colder yet until your raising up the boost.

Oh and I just got back at you on that PM from the other day also..
Old 06-20-12, 12:03 PM
wes459
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the reason I wanted to post all of my progress! This is a somewhat of an easy swap! When I was researching on it I found a bunch of random stuff but not much to completion. Or it was not a direct stock swap. So hopefully this can help some people out. I still have a bunch of pictures that I havent posted up yet. But Ill get to it soon! Good luck with your swap.
Dude, first of all nice work!!! I'm trying to find out all that I can before I do this swap on my 99 SC300, and it has been extremely tough to find info in one big thread as detailed as this. I don't have a whole lot in my budget to do a huge swap, but enough so that I can do the stock swap. Thanks for laying it all out!
Old 06-20-12, 02:43 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wes459
Dude, first of all nice work!!! I'm trying to find out all that I can before I do this swap on my 99 SC300, and it has been extremely tough to find info in one big thread as detailed as this. I don't have a whole lot in my budget to do a huge swap, but enough so that I can do the stock swap. Thanks for laying it all out!
No problem dude! And Thank you. I wish I had more than 15 mins a day to be on my computer so I can get the rest of my pics up...... Maybe this weekend!
Old 06-22-12, 02:07 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Two comments. If you want to go single, do it now while the motor is out of the chassis. It's a pain in the rear to get the twins off while it's out of the car. Let's not discuss trying to do it in the car.

Second, for plugs I am not an advocate of colder plugs. On other platforms I've tuned, it does not move the knock threshold much if at all. However it does foul the plugs up quite a bit at lower load conditions. In short, the trade off is in favor of staying stock heat range.

Glad to see you've got it running, and well at that.

I don't seem to recall it being posted clearly either. Did you reuse your NA harness, or swap over to the TT harness? I know there was some changing around in the main relay box, but nothing too extensive it seemed.
Old 06-22-12, 02:39 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

I kept the GTE harness. There really was no reason for me to swap it out. Everything plugged right into place. As long as you get the orange and grey terminal cap plugs with the Aristo harness you should be fine. Then the only wire I had to run was the one for the tack. Pretty easy!
The hardest part of the entire swap was getting the exhaust fabbed up and mounting the FMIC and cutting out some of my front bumper. Ill post up a few pics today.
Old 06-22-12, 02:48 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Default More pics

Here is a few more pics. The FMIC is sitting a little crooked because I need to trim the black coupler down about 2 inches. The couplers that Autobhan88 sent me for the TB side were the wrong one's. So I had to improvise and use some old leftover piping and couplers from my old SR swap. So far so good. No vacuum or fluid leaks!!!! Im planning on getting ready to order some new Coil packs, cables and spark plugs!! The full 3in exhaust I bought mounted up perfectly!!! Its nice and quiet as well. No tickets!!!! But sounds mean as hell when it need to be!
Attached Thumbnails 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-22-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-23-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-24-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-25-.jpg   98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!-photo-26-.jpg  

Last edited by GS300LUV; 06-22-12 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-24-12, 11:14 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Here is a few more pics. The FMIC is sitting a little crooked because I need to trim the black coupler down about 2 inches. The couplers that Autobhan88 sent me for the TB side were the wrong one's. So I had to improvise and use some old leftover piping and couplers from my old SR swap. So far so good. No vacuum or fluid leaks!!!! Im planning on getting ready to order some new Coil packs, cables and spark plugs!! The full 3in exhaust I bought mounted up perfectly!!! Its nice and quiet as well. No tickets!!!! But sounds mean as hell when it need to be!
Few more updates, I straightened out my FMIC. So it looks much better now. Also I got the heater core lines finally on properly without any leaking!!!! Pain in the F-ing ***!!!!! I also got my Autometer boost gauge hooked up as well!!

Quick Reply: 98 gs300 aristo swap!!!!