Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS350 Revision S/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-12, 06:58 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Wish you luck with the sale and the what the future may hold! Perhaps an ISF?
Thanks. Plans keep changing but as of right now the wife wants to upgrade our third car....So I'll be keeping the IS350 in a lesser form and using the funds to contribute toward that.

After driving the car around for a number of consective days w/out the S/C I def. miss the power. It was VERY noticable throughout the power band and made the car much more fun to drive. Its funny how accustomed we become to something and then when its gone you appreciate it that much more. Def. not the same car now without the power and s/c screaming.
Old 03-03-13, 12:20 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Default Back from the dead

Making so many changes to my car this winter I got motivated to start over! Excuse the mess!

Rotrex c38-71. Awesome blower!!!

If this looks familiar its because another Ohio guy whos making real HP enlisted Justin for the CNC milling! I went there a few weeks back

Out with old, in with the new....

and

8 ribs !

Dual sequential bovs

I luv plumbing!

R & D lol

I'll be buttoning this up in the next 3 weeks or so. Stay tuned!

Last edited by mikellucci; 03-03-13 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 01:22 PM
FordGT08
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a badazzz setup!
Old 03-03-13, 07:02 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm confused with a few of your pics/what it all is.. Lol but I lack proper educating. Glad to see you back in the game.
Old 03-03-13, 07:08 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oohh wowzer!
Old 03-04-13, 06:01 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subbed.. Can't wait for updates
Old 03-05-13, 07:42 PM
TrueStreet
Pit Crew

Kick ***, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm inexperienced with most turbo setups, so sorry for the noob questions, but what is the benefit of having sequential BOVs?
Old 03-06-13, 07:21 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by TrueStreet
Kick ***, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm inexperienced with most turbo setups, so sorry for the noob questions, but what is the benefit of having sequential BOVs?
It's basically pointless at such low boost levels. However, I'm running 2 bovs to set release at different pressures. The biggest point of contention early on with my Procharger setup was dealing with compressor surge. I didn't like the compromise of eliminating compressor surge at low boost but having it at WOT runs. I think w/ 2 valves I can dial this in a bit better for my driving habits (boost levels).
Old 03-06-13, 07:31 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikellucci
It's basically pointless at such low boost levels. However, I'm running 2 bovs to set release at different pressures. The biggest point of contention early on with my Procharger setup was dealing with compressor surge. I didn't like the compromise of eliminating compressor surge at low boost but having it at WOT runs. I think w/ 2 valves I can dial this in a bit better for my driving habits (boost levels).
I had to swap the spring in that HKS BOV i got from you in order for it to actually bleed off pressure. Went to the hardware strore and tried a bunch of springs, cut some, finally got one to fit and make the BOV work. It still sounds a little like compressor surge, but it blows off pressure from the BOV now at least. It doesnt whistle like i am told the HKS is supposed to sound though , oh well!
Old 03-06-13, 08:28 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This looks like it's coming right along Mike.....i'm excited to see how it all turns out. Good luck!
Old 03-06-13, 09:02 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sffd103
This looks like it's coming right along Mike.....i'm excited to see how it all turns out. Good luck!
Thanks! It'll be fun for sure! I'm getting anxious with Spring weather right around the corner.

Originally Posted by heyarms
I had to swap the spring in that HKS BOV i got from you in order for it to actually bleed off pressure. Went to the hardware strore and tried a bunch of springs, cut some, finally got one to fit and make the BOV work. It still sounds a little like compressor surge, but it blows off pressure from the BOV now at least. It doesnt whistle like i am told the HKS is supposed to sound though , oh well!
LMS sold their "kits" with the HKS bov. I used a Synchronic bov on my setup with the spring completely removed. The results were still similar in that there was a fine line of compromise between compressor surge at 2-4 psi vs 5+.
Old 03-06-13, 07:53 PM
TrueStreet
Pit Crew

ah ok interesting. Looking forward to your progress
Old 03-29-13, 05:01 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Belts on belts on belts

It's almost buttoned up... Just waiting on my brembos and Advans to get back from powdercoating!

Got all the pulleys squared away with spacing and alignment.

Old 03-29-13, 10:34 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mikellucci
Belts on belts on belts

It's almost buttoned up... Just waiting on my brembos and Advans to get back from powdercoating!

Got all the pulleys squared away with spacing and alignment.

Great job my friend.Icant wait for the results although i believe that this is a very big supercharger for that low boost.I really hope i m wrong
Old 03-30-13, 06:38 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by PAVGR
Great job my friend.Icant wait for the results although i believe that this is a very big supercharger for that low boost.I really hope i m wrong
Hey man, I've been meaning to get back to your message! Have you started your build? You are friends with Elias, right? If you need fabrication parts, I'd be happy to help you.

This Rotrex is actually the blower the HKS setup utilizes....or one trim larger then the HKS blower. The plots are pretty spot on for our engine. Check out what Stew ended up with if you haven't already. We've been back and forth on our projects for a long time now!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...350-dynod.html

Curve:

Last edited by mikellucci; 03-30-13 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: IS350 Revision S/C