Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DAMN!!! Has anyone been to SRT's website lately?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 12:56 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by justablkv8
Any aftermarket part on a car is a gamble, hence thats why its aftermarket. Can you prove that the ecu was the cause of the issues you were having? Perhaps the ecu just ignored issues you were having and compensated for those issues?

Did you purchase it directly from him? If not -- I would have told you to contact the owner and get the paperwork, or just what he told you as well.

Its not a poorly run shop. You could say that UR is a poorly run shop as well, but granted all they work on are lambos. If you can show me where you've got people that were charged for products (i.e. money debited from their bank account) and not just 'placed' orders that were not received in their own makeshift timeframe then you'd be right, but no one has linked threads or issues with SRT.
Great response.
Old 05-01-12, 06:59 PM
AM21GS400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
yea. haha. the younger generation kids are picking up these car and well their disposable income are a lot lower than the older OD guys here.

but we can always dream! fully built internals and boost... i wish i had built internals and more boost

hope they offer a tranny build too since so much power instantly would cause so much stress on it.
lol yeah I'm 16 and my dad gave me his 2gs for my birthday, I know I could never afford something like this, but man would it be sweet!
Old 05-02-12, 08:23 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lex1420
I didn't come into this thread to bash SRT for no reason. Of course a aftermarket part is a gamble. I got really screwed because the SRT part caused my car to run poorly, ruined 2 OEM MAF sensors, and made my car unable to pass a smog check. I tried to get ahold of the owner of SRT to "buy" a new intake ECU ASAP so I could get my car to pass smog. It took over 8 weeks for MO to contact me. He only contacted me after a emailed him a link to the thread where I showed pictures of my Burnout SRT ECU on this forum. He was really rude, and acted like a child. The company is on a "barebones" crew because it's burning bridges left and right. I just want people to know if they are going to spend 10+k with them they are rolling the dice, and that's a fact.

The SRT facebook page is filled with angry customer comments, and 1 customer was talking about getting a lawyer. Mo must delete negative comments daily because they come and go quickly. :-)
I didn't come into this thread to defend SRT, I just stated the facts because I have those same parts on my car, with no issues. Again, How do you know that the SRT part caused your car to run poorly? The A/F ratio is adjusted based upon the increased air flow into the SRT intake, which is why you need the srt piggy back. If your MAF sensor was messed up then obviously the readings would be out of wack. Did you ever try to clean your MAF? What filter were you using? Did water splash up in there? Is your filter new? Are your clamps tightened? etc etc.

If you needed a new ECU, you could have purchased it via their website; OR also purchase an entire new kit and sell the intake itself (there are alot of people here who would buy just the intake). I'm not sure of the comm. between what went down via emails with SRT but I'm sure they didn't respond to you just to buy the ecu because they either thought a; you wanted to copy the ecu, b; you wanted to make your own intake, c; they had no ecu's on hand to replace with yours at the time, etc.

A few weeks ago they even had a sale on the intakes + ecu's so its not like they are discontinued or bad products.

A single or minimal cases of bad issues doesn't make a product bad and sure doesn't make a company bad.

The company is on a barebones setup because most of the guys want to make more money. Cobb, Vishnu, etc chare upwards of $600 just for an ecu piggyback tune, where as this ecu+intake is what $400 or so? I'm sure if he upped his price and gave you a 10x better product -- everyone would complain about the price.

People spend $25k on 13b builds, $30k on rb builds, $50k in 2j builds, $100k on lambo builds and their cars blow up on the dyno or in the street or catch fires while over-revving at times - does this mean the people that build the cars or the shops that modify them are at fault? no -- like I said, risk.