Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DAMN!!! Has anyone been to SRT's website lately?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-12 | 04:20 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Default DAMN!!! Has anyone been to SRT's website lately?

I just checked it out and yes, they are in the R&D phase for a new twin screw supercharger setup in stage 1 and stage 2 for many Lexus models...including the 2nd gen GS!!!

This ought to be good!
Old 04-25-12 | 05:57 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Nice. Finally something for the V8's!
Old 04-25-12 | 06:20 PM
themccoy14
Driver

Amazing! I've been wondering when someone was going to develop something like that for our cars!
Old 04-25-12 | 08:16 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

It's just so cool because for YEARS their website just said "coming" lol. Now it is really happening. If I had to guess, the kits will be priced at $7k and $9k respectively.
Old 04-25-12 | 09:08 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

They will probably offer a stage 3/4 package at around $15-20k. That would probably include a built motor to handle the extra power. Imagine a roots type blower on a GS4 with 700whp on the tap running on pump gas!
Old 04-25-12 | 10:55 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

I must have been asking too many questions.........or they are really busy. They never responded to my last email. Either way, I'll keep my eye open for the "finale version."
Old 04-25-12 | 11:19 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

question now is.. who would want to fork the $$??

we all say OMG i want but in the end only a few with real $$ buys..
Old 04-26-12 | 02:59 AM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by vwynn

Hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-12 | 06:48 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Yeah, $20k invested into a car that most people have paid $5k for?
Old 04-26-12 | 08:57 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

yea. haha. the younger generation kids are picking up these car and well their disposable income are a lot lower than the older OD guys here.

but we can always dream! fully built internals and boost... i wish i had built internals and more boost

hope they offer a tranny build too since so much power instantly would cause so much stress on it.
Old 04-26-12 | 09:18 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

nothing really that new rock, Mo has had a post on his FB since march 14th....i posted on it where he was asking for people to be willing to have their car "developed on". im the last post on their....which he didnt even answer.

but the biggest issue is Mo seems to be the next Todd @ TM Engineering. search on here the feedback for them, people cant get in touch with them to buy stuff, have issues with thier products and cant get in touch with them. i dont know if its hearsay or not but i know alot of people stalk him on FB/myis.com/CL claiming they paid for stuff and havent gotten then from him.

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Nice. Finally something for the V8's!
they used to have twin turbo kits for us jeff they just crazy pricing

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
It's just so cool because for YEARS their website just said "coming" lol. Now it is really happening. If I had to guess, the kits will be priced at $7k and $9k respectively.
i would think thats kind of low on pricing

Originally Posted by JDMJNKY
I must have been asking too many questions.........or they are really busy. They never responded to my last email. Either way, I'll keep my eye open for the "finale version."
for awhile mo and i communicated via email but my last one i never got answered. im still waiting on my replacement SRT sticker he was gonna send me too lol

thats the reality of MOST things for our cars, thats why RMM will NEVER make a SC kit for it again and why noone is doing much new to them

yea. haha. the younger generation kids are picking up these car and well their disposable income are a lot lower than the older OD guys here.

but we can always dream! fully built internals and boost... i wish i had built internals and more boost

hope they offer a tranny build too since so much power instantly would cause so much stress on it.
i wouldnt put much faith into this vince, i know a few members who know mo and what not but i doubt this ever comes out and if it does will u be able to get in touch with him.

he was a vendor/member he but no more, he was a vendor/member of myis.com but i dont think he visits there anymore either

Last edited by sakataj; 04-26-12 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-30-12 | 07:49 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

SRT is still around and I've spoken to a tech that used to work there for a pretty long time. They don't cut corners and the shop is now on a barebones crew -- I guess the economy took a toll? So rest assured that you will get what you paid for. Sometimes these custom parts take time to develop and there may be more people buying parts for these cars now since the used car market is so hot right now.

Mo is a good guy, he sells good products -- as with anything it wont be perfect.
Old 04-30-12 | 02:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lex1420
I beg to differ. His POS intake ECU jacked up my car , and cost me over a 1,000 bucks to sort out. He told me to basically "f@$k off" when I tried to get ahold of him for help with his product.

I laugh just thinking about having that poorly run shop make a turbo kit, maybe it would work ok if u actually got it after paying them.
n i will beg to differ with you on the intake being a POS. i have had mine for a minute now, installed no issues....many members have also had them installed with no issues. i remember u having issues with yours but since i want there i couldnt for 100% sure say the cause of it....

i will agree that people really cant get in touch with him and alot of people are claiming they are owned parts they paid for and haven't gotten. i dunno what the truth is though, i know mo doesnt visit here or myis anymore though. i would be very surprised if this SC even comes out and i would be even more surprised if its under 10k....my biggest concerns would be, being able to get support if u have a issue with it down the road. if i spend that kind of $ with u i want to know u fairly well, u know what i mean?

Last edited by sakataj; 04-30-12 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-01-12 | 07:10 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lex1420
I beg to differ. His POS intake ECU jacked up my car , and cost me over a 1,000 bucks to sort out. He told me to basically "f@$k off" when I tried to get ahold of him for help with his product.

I laugh just thinking about having that poorly run shop make a turbo kit, maybe it would work ok if u actually got it after paying them.
Any aftermarket part on a car is a gamble, hence thats why its aftermarket. Can you prove that the ecu was the cause of the issues you were having? Perhaps the ecu just ignored issues you were having and compensated for those issues?

Did you purchase it directly from him? If not -- I would have told you to contact the owner and get the paperwork, or just what he told you as well.

Its not a poorly run shop. You could say that UR is a poorly run shop as well, but granted all they work on are lambos. If you can show me where you've got people that were charged for products (i.e. money debited from their bank account) and not just 'placed' orders that were not received in their own makeshift timeframe then you'd be right, but no one has linked threads or issues with SRT.
Old 05-01-12 | 12:50 PM
gs400rpg
Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
They will probably offer a stage 3/4 package at around $15-20k. That would probably include a built motor to handle the extra power. Imagine a roots type blower on a GS4 with 700whp on the tap running on pump gas!
A compleat Kit like this for $15-20K would be awsome. The Gs 400 was my dream car since 1998 when I saw the "something wicked this way comes" comercial. I was too young to even drive but I said one of these days... 14 years later that day came. I'm the type of person that will buy this kit if it's made. If theres enough people like me to make this happen I don't know. Is their service good enough for people to trust them is another question.

This car was on top back when it came out. Since then BMW, Audi and the others in the same class all put out more and more power each year while the GS still today is stuck at around 300, and gave up the fight with a V8 . 500whp would put this car back on top of the luxury sport sedans that are being made today.

It's just my opinion but I could justify to myself enough reason to buy this Kit if it was that price.

Quick Reply: DAMN!!! Has anyone been to SRT's website lately?