Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo GS400 Dyno Result/Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02, 02:51 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is SRT's officially released info (Cut and Paste).

Well here are some more details about "The Scorpion":
- Race built blue printed/balanced 1UZ-FE engine with SRT spec. lowered compression forged pistons, all new bearings and seals
- Race built auto tranny with Raybestos Blue plate clutches, SRT calibrated valve body, all new seals and custom springs
- Blitz SBC-iD boost controller
- Blitz Power Meter
- Blitz Turbo Timer
- Blitz Blow off valve
- Twin Turbonetics T3 turbos built to SRT specs. intregated waste gates with DP auctuators
- Spearco front mount Intercooler with SRT Spec end caps (13"H x 3"D x 24"W)
- Dual 2.5" T304 SS mandrel bent downpipes
- RC engineering 440cc injectors
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Riser
- NGK Racing Platinum Plugs
- SRT Air/Fuel ECU
- Pillar mounted Lunar style AutoMeter Boost Guage
- Twin Individual mandrel bent turbo Intake pipes
- All hard piping for turbo to IC to TB are 3" mandrel bent and bead rolled
- SS braided Turbo oil supply lines
- SS braided Turbo drain lines
- SS braided Fuel lines
- Walbro 255lph high pressure intank fuel pump
- Four layer reinforced silicone connectors
- Custom built Turbo manifolds for each bank
- TRD Thermostat
- Dual Fluidyne radiator fans
- All crucial items are heat shielded
- GReddy front lip spoiler
- Permacool Oil cooler
- Permacool tranny cooler
- Tein FLEX suspension with EDFC.
- TRD Limited Slip Differential
- Maximum safe boost using Premium pump gas is 1 bar (14.7 PSI)
- All factory ecu safe guards in place including all functions of the OBD II
- All accesories are still functional including VSC
- serialized, recorded, SRT signature authenticated plaque with Scorpion keyring and emblem
- Factory catylytic converters are retained in their original locations (street legal)
- Price: $34,995.00 +tax includes installation and dyno tuning

The following is a preliminary dyno done at only 11PSI boost, we are still testing and tuning the car to properly synchronize the twin turbos. More dyno charts to come soon:

Last edited by Mariusz; 11-04-02 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 02:52 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Thumbs up Sweet

Originally posted by LexCiting
And here is my car with the Twin Turbo compared to the Supercharger. Check out my TORQUE!
Old 11-04-02, 02:54 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Default Re: Sweet

Originally posted by Mr Johnson

Mr Johnson, you still own a bad *** GS. If only a few could be so lucky as to having probably the second fastest GS4 in the States
Old 11-04-02, 03:11 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I'm SPEECHLESS right now!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-02, 03:16 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to be a party pooper, but for $35,000 all you get is what 100 extra HP and torque then a stage 3 supercharger which costs $8,000?

Which means you pay close to $25,000 for an added 100HP and torque?
Old 11-04-02, 03:28 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by futuregs
not to be a party pooper, but for $35,000 all you get is what 100 extra HP and torque then a stage 3 supercharger which costs $8,000?

Which means you pay close to $25,000 for an added 100HP and torque?

I think it is more than just 100HP. It includes a built engine and a tranny rebuild. This is the basis for reliability with RWHP from 500+. I know Mo wanted a truly street legal GS400 and hence SRT didn't even remove the cats! I think of it as the "Scorpion" is Stage 1 on the road to 500-700RWHP figures. This setup won't be for everyone. It is meant to be selective. For those that don't need that extra "just 100HP" or are not looking for more HP down the road, this probably won't be a wise choice. IMHO.
Old 11-04-02, 03:38 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congrats on the numbers!
Impressive kill too by the way.
Old 11-04-02, 04:23 PM
LeXpHeNe
Driver

god damnit someone hand me a new pair of diapers and some baby powder

jeezus christ that gs is simply amazing. i really cant wait to hear more and more of your kills. PLEASE PLEASE IM ON MY KNEES BEGGIN U FOR ATLEAST ONE JUST ONE YEAH I MEANT ONE VIDEO of that beast screwing around.

how do you think you do against these cars judging by the hp u have?

03 sl55 amg
911 turbo
s55 amg 03'
viper
bpu++ supra
Old 11-04-02, 04:42 PM
altaf
Pole Position

OMG... those numbers are ridiculous!!! Does the car feel planted pushing that much power, especially around the corners? Post some numbers puleeze!!! 1/4 mile, 0-100, 35-65...
Old 11-04-02, 04:49 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

futuregs - Is that all you get???? Did you read the list of things including suspension mods, LSD, AND installation/tuning of a twin turboes car? But no, thats not all you get. If you think that I am at the max of my car at 11psi, then you are very mistaken. A stock GS400/430 has about 235rwhp. I have almost twice that with just 11psi, PLUS the fact that I have a Twin Turbo V-8. Have you EVER seen a twin turbo V-8? How much did it cost (if you answered No, then let's just say TT V8s cost! lol) ? So $35K gets you a lot! But that's just my money, and my humbled opinion.

LeXpHeNe - answers

03 sl55 amg (493 bhp/516 lb) - better get out the way! lol Seriously, I would probably edge it out

s55 amg 03 (476bhp/512 lbs) - As Ivan Drago would say "You will lose!" No hesitation in that prediction.

911 turbo (415 hp/415lb AND light!!!)- Sorry folks, Lee would probably take the "L" with the 911. But it would be fun!!! If they are using the Tiptronic, I would win, no question! Otherwise, they get me by 1/2 to 1 car length depending on launch.

viper(what year?) - stock, I would probably take it. Vipers are notorious for not getting good starts (traction).

bpu++ supra - (depends on HP I am going against, but using a mildly tuned Supra), I would probably take it, depending on the turbos. By the large turbos spool up (bpu are notorious for turbo lag), I would be gone. If they used NOS, it would be a different story, then again, it depends on the time of race.

Here's why I am staying at 11psi. It is getting cold out here in MD, which means cold temp roads, ice, and rain. I am not chancing it, and playing it safe. I definitely want to take it to the track, but then I would boost it to 15-18psi (plus race gas, and slicks). As far as planting the back, I have the TRD LSD, and it is getting a work out. When I floor it under 60mph, the car throw you to your chair, but strangely, you get more of a feel of how the car is moving (meaning the butt). It only takes a slight adjustment to line her up, but traction comes quickly, so it is a "point and shoot" type of show. Now if you go at a gradual rate, no problem! Its just that you get up to speed very very quickly. I know I have a low 12 sec car right now. When I put on the slicks for the track, I will definitely have to fortify the suspension, and drive train. SRT made videos of my dynos, and you should see how HARD the car raised up in the front! This thing definitely wanted off that dyno!
As far as corners, I will have to practice that, because of the torque I have. Basically, right now, I hold my speed thru the corner, and come out the Apex blasting. Sort of how I ride my motorcycle.
Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 11-04-02 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 04:51 PM
LexFather

I am officially owned by LexCiting, SRT and the TT....:eek:
Old 11-04-02, 04:54 PM
LeXpHeNe
Driver

damn lexciting ur car is fasssssssst!!!

as for the viper u name what year u think u can take. i thought the new s55 amg was pushing 493? oh well maybe i was wrong. damn i hope u race any of these cars mentioned i would do anything to see it go down. aint many twin turbo v8's around and for 35k if i had the money heck where do i sign! hey im very young who knows my future. it may hold a twin turbo 400. ::: evil grin::::
Old 11-04-02, 05:06 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

well as far as the Viper, I would definitely get beat by the new one coming out. Now, I am talking stock here, and a non racer type dude like myself driving. I think I match up well against any year < 96, and 96 and up would depend on traction, meaning until it gets traction. Win or lose, it wouldn't be a major butt whipping until the higher mph. Then I lose! lol The SL AMG's are pushing that range (493), but for some reason, MB AMGs seem to have the huge advantage past 100mph, and its basically supercharger vs turbos. I wouldn't sweat the S55 too much, and would be confident in a win.
I have a race with a M5 with 400bhp, and that should be interesting.

Last edited by LexCiting; 11-04-02 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 05:26 PM
LeXpHeNe
Driver

LOL!! lexciting your a very funny guy. how is a m5 race gonna be interesting when you know youll win. lol maybe its interesting to see how bad hell loose haha get that on tape like seriously. hmm sl55 have huge top end, so your saying ull get walked? anywayz keep it seems as if you have a very bright future with tons and tons of kills.
Old 11-04-02, 06:38 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Talking oh lord

I am shocked that people don't have faith in the setup or the racing power of his car. i would just about put that lex up to any of those super cars. i think the 911 might be the only lost cause. I guarentee if traction is in the lex favor...its all over...no matter what benz or beemer its racing. btw i would be happy with a s/c setup..any you guys with a setup having a yard sale soon?

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo GS400 Dyno Result/Review