Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo GS400 Dyno Result/Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-02, 11:29 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1tightlex
Sounds like you have one fast car now. However, I dont think you'll beat an auto BPU+++ Supra, would be close with a 6spd at BPU, but not the auto. There's a BPU supra running 10.9, of course with a lot of NOS, but still BPU. Also the auto BPU supras run 11's all day long.

PS: BPU means with stock twins and APU is singles or upgraded twin kits. And no way you are keeping up with an APU supra
I have never in my life heard of a bpu run 10's. If this is the case then this is 5% of the BPU's out there, it is running probably a 100+ shot and definitely putting down way over 500RWHP which means it won't last long on stock turbos. In addition to that, it is running on race gas and not pump gas. It is like comparing apples to oranges when you mix the two. Also, BPU supras do not run 11's all day long. Most BPU+++ run 12's. Personally, I think that Lee will chew and spit out 90% of BPU+++ out there. Keep in mind that 500RWHP will be done on pump gas (not rice gas) with the stock cats. A BPU+++ has a downpipe and the cats are removed. With all these major restrictions, the TT GS will still be able to take most BPU+++'s out there. Now imagine, you put in race gas (prolly additional 70RWHP+) and take the cats out, (prolly 60RWHP+) and you all of a sudden have a close to 650 RWHP GSTT. Couple that with a few more lbs of boost and you are approaching 700RWHP. The case here is not maximum power. The case is true street car with maximum reliability. I don't think anyone would argue that putting twins on anything 4.0 has a potential to produce insane numbers. Did I forget to mention this is a Luxury Car? You are surrounded by nothing but leather, beautifully designed dash, space, comfort, and 4 doors which will be sure to gladly invite any good looking single ladies looking to have some fun
Old 11-05-02, 11:47 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read a bunch of sites, Mid 12's to 13 flat is the range for a good BPU Supra , no nos, on pump gas. I am kind of shocked, I don't know much about the supra but I thought the BPU's would have posted better numbers, more so high 12's.... guess it isn't to bad

mav7

I had a best 60' time of 2.179.. I happened to run a 13.00@113mph because I lost traction on the first to 2nd gear shift.

My best run with my 98 BPU supra has been a 12.9 @ 115 mph.. 60' time was 2.319.

With my other supra, in TTC mode my 60' times sucked. Sequential is def better for me.

mav

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-14-2002 04:09 PM

M Miller

re
A good running 6sp BPU should beable to hit mid 12s with 2.3 60'. My bpu would run 12-12.2 all day with 2.0-2.1 60'. The other significant number is your 330' time...

Matt

Last edited by jpa2400; 11-05-02 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-05-02, 12:48 PM
onefastjap
Rookie

I have run 12.9 @ 116 on street tires (BAD 60' Time). But like I said before, my turbo’s are on its way out. There was another BPU supra that ran 12.4 @118MPH this Sunday. This was done with down pipe, exhaust, air filter, and boost controller. Most healthy BPU supra’s will run mid 12's on street tires. On DR's you can hit 11.9 as one of the guys did this past weekend. I’m putting down about 430 rwhp right now, and it would be interesting to see how a bpu supra 6SPD will do on the highway against the TT Race built blue printed/balanced 1UZ-FE engine GS:eek: . I guess we will have to wait for Mario’s car to be finished.

Things to remember
Supra
1. 210 pounds less than GS
2. It’s a 6spd. Better gear ratio for highway runs.
3. It will spool instantly (unlike someone said that they lag)

My time slip

Rubens time slip BPU supra

Last edited by onefastjap; 11-05-02 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-05-02, 01:54 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

"interesting to see how a bpu supra 6SPD will do on the highway against the TT Race built blue printed/balanced 1UZ-FE engine GS"

now only if the GS had a 6spd
Old 11-05-02, 02:13 PM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by jpa2400
"interesting to see how a bpu supra 6SPD will do on the highway against the TT Race built blue printed/balanced 1UZ-FE engine GS"

now only if the GS had a 6spd
That would be really cool, but to be honest with you. I like the auto 5 spd in the gs better. Leave 6SPD for sports cars.
Old 11-05-02, 02:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Guys,

Please keep this post on topic - Lexciting's dyno for his TT GS400. Let's not turn this thread into another locked Supra vs GS match.

If you want to start another thread in Racing Stories / Enthusiast or the Lobby theorizing on this topic feel free, but this isn't the place for that conversation.

Thank you.
Old 11-05-02, 02:37 PM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Guys,

Please keep this post on topic - Lexciting's dyno for his TT GS400. Let's not turn this thread into another locked Supra vs GS match.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I recall correctly someone brought Supra 1/4 number to this conversation a lot earlier Dave. Real 1/4 numbers were posted for everyone to see, since they were speculating on what bpu supra runs. Just want everyone to know real world numbers, not 10 second 1/4 BPU runs stories. Let’s keep it on the topic Dave and not turn it into a flame. Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to start another thread in Racing Stories / Enthusiast or the Lobby theorizing on this topic feel free, but this isn't the place for that conversation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you referring to me? If you are please read it again. If I recall correctly someone brought Supra 1/4 number to this conversation a lot earlier Dave. You should of posted this on page 2 of this topic when supra was brought into comparison by LexCiting. And I'm sure that everyone enjoys the videos of me and Mariusz racing around. But than again I could be wrong Dave. And if I am than maybe I shouldn’t post any videos of the monster GS TT vs. BPu Supra and my single supra next time we around racing and recording. I’m sure everyone on this board would like to see it. Thank You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you.
Old 11-05-02, 02:42 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Lee will post a video of his dyno run when he is ready and I will be sure to post the vids of my TT GS regardless, for everyone to see and enjoy.
Old 11-05-02, 02:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Onefastjap,

I did not mean just you. Yes, I can read quite well and I do realize that you did not start the conversation.

Again, please keep it on topic (everyone, not just you).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-05-02 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-05-02, 02:47 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

onefastjap,

dave was just echoing a sentiment that alot of us (well at least i) feel. it seems that you and mariusz got at it on each and every thread. i know that you guys are good friends and all, but some of the bickering gets in the way of the info. no doubt it brings some spice, but it can get to be alittle much, ya know. just put up the vids of you guys going at it and you can go at it all day long

Doc
Old 11-05-02, 03:01 PM
Swift Racing
Driver

I am not sure why there are so many comparisons of the TT GS400 vs Supra and other two door sports cars. If comparison is done vs. other 4door cars then it is fine, like the SL55, E55, M5, the new audi V8 TT.

Our goal was not max HP, it was to create the ultimate 4dr luxury super sedan that can be driven daily, reliably with the full line of luxury amenities. Something that you can take your family in and drive it cross country or take business clients out to lunch. While at the same time if you push it it can do the 1/4 mile in low to mid 12's.
Old 11-05-02, 03:01 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DrRick
onefastjap,

dave was just echoing a sentiment that alot of us (well at least i) feel. it seems that you and mariusz got at it on each and every thread. i know that you guys are good friends and all, but some of the bickering gets in the way of the info. no doubt it brings some spice, but it can get to be alittle much, ya know. just put up the vids of you guys going at it and you can go at it all day long

Doc
Dr Rick. Did you see me respond anywhere to onefastjap's post in this thread? I assume not. This is so you don't have to develop this so called "sentiment" any furhter. Let's put this to rest. I sure have. Let's move on. This thread started about Lee's TT GS and I don't think I have ANY type of a negative response here to onefastjap. I chose to ignore the comments. Yet it seems like we are going to square one. Dave made a good point as he saw a potential situation, however, I already assured him I would not respond.
Old 11-05-02, 03:07 PM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by Mariusz

Dr Rick. Did you see me respond anywhere to onefastjap's post in this thread? I assume not. This is so you don't have to develop this so called "sentiment" any furhter. Let's put this to rest. I sure have. Let's move on. This thread started about Lee's TT GS and I don't think I have ANY type of a negative response here to onefastjap. I chose to ignore the comments. Yet it seems like we are going to square one. Dave made a good point as he saw a potential situation, however, I already assured him I would not respond.
Thanks for correcting, what could lead to a flame. We don't want Dave to think that we are going to go at it again, simply correcting people here. We better stay out of this topic and let LexCiting enjoy all the great comments and congrats.
Old 11-05-02, 03:11 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by onefastjap

Thanks for correcting, what could lead to a flame. We don't want Dave to think that we are going to go at it again, simply correcting people here. We better stay out of this topic and let LexCiting enjoy all the great comments and congrats.

This could not have lead to a flame because I assured the mods I would not respond to nonsense bickering. This is also why I am not "going to go at it" as you would like to put it. I never intended "to go at it" becasue this is not needed on the forums. Also, last time I checked my GS was at SRT getting the TT's so I think I have a right not to stay out of this thread, especially when I am trying to give people as much feedback as I can about the setup and aswer the pm's I receive from several members curious about the TT.
Old 11-05-02, 03:15 PM
onefastjap
Rookie

Originally posted by Mariusz

This could not have lead to a flame because I assured the mods I would not respond to nonsense bickering. This is also why I am not "going to go at it" as you would like to put it. I never intended "to go at it" becasue this is not needed on the forums. Also, last time I checked my GS was at SRT getting the TT's so I think I have a right not to stay out of this thread, especially when I am trying to give people as much feedback as I can about the setup and aswer the pm's I receive from several members curious about the TT.
I agree. Great job Mariusz, now let's enjoy some more dyno runs and kill stories from that TT. When you have your TT lex I'm sure to respond BTW.

LexCiting. Enjoy your first in the world Lexus GS400 Twin Turbo. I'm sure many people will follow your foot steps with the TT kit. Enjoy and be careful out there with all that HP.

Last edited by onefastjap; 11-05-02 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo GS400 Dyno Result/Review