Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo GS400 Dyno Result/Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-02, 06:10 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh ok

yes i know my testing was wrong but it was fun hehe

i used to do circles but i didnt have enough space for big (200ft) circles so i was just testing by doing half cirlces. You can see at the end of most half cirlces the car's tail starts to ocme out which shows an optimal suspension setting. The GS is very hard to get loose, usually plows and understeers only. the TEIN ha system helped me tune it to be even and even a bit loose.
Old 11-08-02, 06:22 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-10-02, 08:28 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

There was a discussion on this thread about how my TT setup would do against a Bpu+ Supra. Well, here is a quick result that happened today: BPU+ Supra with Apex intercooler upgrade, biting the dust!!!! Did a roll-on from 80mph to 155mph, and I crushed him by 3-4 cars! Don't know what additional upgrades, but know it was a twin turbo with HUGE exhaust, and I saw the Apex Air/Fuel gauge on top of the dash, and a HUGE intercooler with Apex in the front. Did see much else because it was hard looking BEHIND at him in my rearview mirror! LOL He tried me three times, and NEVER got in front, or near me. AND I was only at 8lbs of boost! (forgot to change my channel to 11psi) Also a new BMW 745il went down trying me (older dude, lost by 6 car lengths, tried 3 times).....details in the Racing Section!!! Not saying I will beat all Supras, but don't sleep!

Lee
Old 11-10-02, 09:13 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexCiting
There was a discussion on this thread about how my TT setup would do against a Bpu+ Supra. Well, here is a quick result that happened today: BPU+ Supra with Apex intercooler upgrade, biting the dust!!!! Did a roll-on from 80mph to 155mph, and I crushed him by 3-4 cars! Don't know what additional upgrades, but know it was a twin turbo with HUGE exhaust, and I saw the Apex Air/Fuel gauge on top of the dash, and a HUGE intercooler with Apex in the front. Did see much else because it was hard looking BEHIND at him in my rearview mirror! LOL He tried me three times, and NEVER got in front, or near me. AND I was only at 8lbs of boost! (forgot to change my channel to 11psi) Also a new BMW 745il went down trying me (older dude, lost by 6 car lengths, tried 3 times).....details in the Racing Section!!! Not saying I will beat all Supras, but don't sleep!

Lee
Intercooler
Apex Air/Fuel gauge
Exhaust
Etc...

I think it is pretty safe to assume that if he had an A/F controller, intercooler, and exhaust, he probably had a downpipe and boost controller. They usually go in sync. Considering the things you mentioned, I don't think it was a BPU+, I think it was either BPU++ or BPU+++. This might seem silly with all the +'s but it makes your run a better of a kill. Now, that I think about it, what am I saying. Lol. You just took a hooked up Twin Turbo Supra with your Luxury 4 door. The only thing I can think of is to increase the boost for a more dramatic effect and confusion on the owner's face. Sweet kill. I've been told that at higher speeds, the weight of the car doesn't matter this much and hence people refer to it as "dead weight." It just might be true. Great KILL!

Edited: Just wanted to say that it could have been a BPU+ too. Either way, nice kill.

Last edited by Mariusz; 11-10-02 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-10-02, 10:26 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Very nice kill Lee. No one can't take that away from you

Last edited by Mariusz; 11-10-02 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-11-02, 08:46 PM
HTT
Driver School Candidate

Lexciting,

Congratulations.

Would this kit bolt up with the 4.3 liter 2uz?
Old 11-13-02, 05:43 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mariusz

Intercooler
Apex Air/Fuel gauge
Exhaust
Etc...

I think it is pretty safe to assume that if he had an A/F controller, intercooler, and exhaust, he probably had a downpipe and boost controller. They usually go in sync. Considering the things you mentioned, I don't think it was a BPU+, I think it was either BPU++ or BPU+++. This might seem silly with all the +'s but it makes your run a better of a kill. Now, that I think about it, what am I saying. Lol. You just took a hooked up Twin Turbo Supra with your Luxury 4 door. The only thing I can think of is to increase the boost for a more dramatic effect and confusion on the owner's face. Sweet kill. I've been told that at higher speeds, the weight of the car doesn't matter this much and hence people refer to it as "dead weight." It just might be true. Great KILL!

Edited: Just wanted to say that it could have been a BPU+ too. Either way, nice kill.
I have seen debates like this when heavily modded cars run against bikes.(i.e. BIG Dawg Supras vs. sport bikes) From what I have gathered the hp/weight ratio is in play to around 100mph, beyond that speed it becomes hp/cod ratio that is more critical.........
Unless I am misinformed, a little known fact is that the 98+GS has a LOWER c/o/d than the 93-98 SupraTT..... Can anyone verify this?
Old 11-13-02, 10:41 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by tinygs

Unless I am misinformed, a little known fact is that the 98+GS has a LOWER c/o/d than the 93-98 SupraTT..... Can anyone verify this?
Not sure about the CD but realize that it's not just CD. Two cars can have the same CD but one has a much larger frontal area and guess what..

Yup, I think you've guessed it.
Old 11-13-02, 09:37 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by HTT

Would this kit bolt up with the 4.3 liter 2uz?
Yes, it is compatible.
Old 11-19-02, 11:05 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

"....with the arrival of the first horseman: "Chaos", his HIDs blazing, and bellowing a mighty roar of his twin terrors; the people shuddered, and fled. His destruction of those that remain, and lay in his wake, has become legendary. Unsuspecting warriors, unaware of the unseen power harnessed by this horseman, challenged, and battled, but were systematically slaughtered. Then this Twin Terror was gone, with a roar of his V8. Leaving behind a trail of destoryed challegers. But could this be a time of peace?

Over the horizon, a screen of smoke appears, that familiar blue glare! ... Another has come... the second horseman .... will this ever end?"

Congrats to Ken!

Lee
Old 11-19-02, 01:14 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who is ken? these things are everywhere now..........
Old 11-20-02, 02:25 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DrRick
who is ken? these things are everywhere now..........
Ah HA! You gotta love it man!!!!
Old 11-20-02, 11:23 PM
isman
Pole Position

Wow, I guess Mo is just busy busy. Cars lined up. He's doing something right (lot's of good hp )
Old 12-06-02, 01:17 AM
kensttgs400
Driver School Candidate

Default Ken has arrived!! Horseman #2!!

Hello fellow TT lovers!! Ken is here and truly enjoying my TT. ( serial #2) Have had one kill so far, an M5 that watched me dart from a light, and he quickly came up beside me looking for a fight! We got on it from about 60 mph and I had him by approx. 3 car lengths @ 130 mph!! He probably thought his M5 malfunctioned. Have got a few "tweaks" to do for this hot 85 degree Fla. Sunshine and I should be consistently high 12's and looking for takers. BTW I've already recorded 3.6 sec. 0-50 dashes and I haven't even solved my tranny issues. I need faster, firmer shifts!! I'll be doin 12's all day long!!:
Old 12-09-02, 10:23 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Ken - you are lucky! I have come up against 3 M5s, and NONE wanted any from my car, and wouldn't race from the light. One actually went out of its way to catch up to me at the light, and when the light changed, he didn't try it. Maybe he wanted me to check out his car, or something. My buddy with the M5 said he wanted to wait to race me because of the conditions here in MD (snow). So I'll have to wait. Congrats on the 1st M5 kill from a TT!