Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Resonator Delete? Magnaflow Muffler? Magnaflow resonator and switch with old res?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 03:04 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You are absolutely right Bobak...I wouldn't like me very much either lol. Especially because I parked right next to him
Old 05-09-12, 05:07 PM
GoingBig
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many resonators do we have?
Old 05-09-12, 06:05 PM
dags07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mjh09e
You are absolutely right Bobak...I wouldn't like me very much either lol. Especially because I parked right next to him
Lol yeah. I actually like your car specially the color. Yes I do drive an i4 Accord but I have some big plans for it. The question is: Did you like mine? lol I saw you like looking at it a couple times lol. Bob is like my Mod Buddy. I do most of his car's work lol

Old 05-09-12, 06:14 PM
500rwhp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
Post some sound clips!
+1!

Considering having this done, would be a big help if you could post some sound clips!
Old 05-09-12, 06:22 PM
500rwhp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoingBig
How many resonators do we have?
1 resonator, in between the mufflers and the midpipe
Old 05-09-12, 06:27 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Got mine deleted about a month ago for $50 at a local shop. Definitely sounds more aggressive than stock.
Old 05-09-12, 06:39 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dags07
Lol yeah. I actually like your car specially the color. Yes I do drive an i4 Accord but I have some big plans for it. The question is: Did you like mine? lol I saw you like looking at it a couple times lol. Bob is like my Mod Buddy. I do most of his car's work lol

i4 or not that **** looks mean with them CV1's
Old 05-09-12, 07:05 PM
dags07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Silver10
i4 or not that **** looks mean with them CV1's
Thanks man I finished modding the outside and now I am going with big performance upgrades (Besides quad exhaust intake and cat delete which I already did). Thanks for the love though. Slow and Low FTW!

Back to the thread though. Bob's old exhaust was ridiculously loud (F-sport with resonator delete) lol. He is running Nvidia midpipes and I personally love it, no rasp and a pretty deep tone.

Last edited by dags07; 05-09-12 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-12, 05:48 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks man I finished modding the outside and now I am going with big performance upgrades (Besides quad exhaust intake and cat delete which I already did). Thanks for the love though. Slow and Low FTW!

Back to the thread though. Bob's old exhaust was ridiculously loud (F-sport with resonator delete) lol. He is running Nvidia midpipes and I personally love it, no rasp and a pretty deep tone.
Invidia* . I remember how skeptical you were before I got the midpipes installed. "I dont know bro, Its still gonna be raspy..." lol. You need to remind me to finish that video with the Fsport exhaust/intake/invidia midpipes before I get the HKS exhaust. I want to make videos of the 3 different set ups so everyone can use them as a reference to see which one they prefer.

If anyone is on the fence about buying the midpipe, here you have an unbiased opinion from someone who does not own a 2IS!!! lol
Old 05-10-12, 05:51 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Heres the thread I made with the Fsport exhaust/intake/resonator delete setup. Listen to dags07 comment at the end of the video lol

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...or-delete.html
Old 05-16-12, 02:23 PM
GoingBig
Rookie

I deleted my resonator, it sounds amazing with my HKS-hipowers!
Old 05-16-12, 05:07 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GoingBig
I deleted my resonator, it sounds amazing with my HKS-hipowers!
Sound clips please!
Old 05-16-12, 07:36 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yo dude, no heat lol. Your car looks nice, just no need to mean mug a stranger admiring your ride. I stopped by your work to meet up with Dave and check out Boback's exhaust. If he is selling the f-sport I call dibs because I am local.
Old 05-17-12, 05:50 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mjh09e
Yo dude, no heat lol. Your car looks nice, just no need to mean mug a stranger admiring your ride. I stopped by your work to meet up with Dave and check out Boback's exhaust. If he is selling the f-sport I call dibs because I am local.
Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is admiring or hating lol

But yeah Mike, I definately going to be selling my F-Sport exhaust. I should be getting the HKS Hi-Power sometime in the beggining of June, Im going to double check with the vendor right now to make sure. PM me so we can talk pricing
Old 06-21-12, 06:44 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to thread jack, but this is the thread that led me to delete my resonator... It only cost me $40 bucks, it does sound more agressive than stock, but my exhaust guy put it right when he said that it's like smelling dinner when your hungry, in the sense that it needs exhaust along with it. For everyone who doesn't know what the resonator looks like here's a pic.
I'm a size ten, the shoe was for size reference. I don't regret doing it at all, however it really didn't do as much as I thought it would. At least I dropped like 15lbs off curb weight because that thing is unnecessarily big and heavy hahaha. My future plans are to add custom bent pipe from axle back to magnaflow mufflers.

Quick Reply: Resonator Delete? Magnaflow Muffler? Magnaflow resonator and switch with old res?