Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aem fic

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 07:17 PM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aem fic

i wanted to know if anyone is running a fic on there set-up,
Old 05-08-12, 08:32 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe Jeff has setup a few cars w/ it.

However I avoided the setup (mind you not personal experience) based on issues people have with the crank trigger pickup, the documentation of said issue on the AEM Forums, the fix people have come up with for it, and the lack of response from AEM regarding. Second, I'm not the biggest fan of it's method for timing control.

With my little whine session aside, I believe people have used it with success.
Old 05-13-12, 11:55 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hardrvin
I believe Jeff has setup a few cars w/ it.

However I avoided the setup (mind you not personal experience) based on issues people have with the crank trigger pickup, the documentation of said issue on the AEM Forums, the fix people have come up with for it, and the lack of response from AEM regarding. Second, I'm not the biggest fan of it's method for timing control.

With my little whine session aside, I believe people have used it with success.
Yeah like he said Jeff Tsai is quite comfortable with the fic ,I sold my fic to him a while back, hit his email I'm sure his pm box is full
Old 05-16-12, 04:06 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

Yea good luck getting a hold of that guy. I'm currently working on my FIC to work on my car
Old 05-29-12, 02:15 PM
skatejosh
Driver School Candidate

I've used the FIC before an I personally hated it. Not as user friendly as other piggy backs I've used before but I feel like if you are going to dump much money into a motor us a standalone. So much more control. Granted I used the FIC possibly 4-5 years ago maybe longer, it was hard for me to figure out much with it to get the car tuned safely an then it didn't monitor anything live or at least wouldn't for me. I have talked to Paul from Dezod Motorsports as he is one of the bigger AEM dealers in the US I'm pretty sure an he gave me a good bit of help. Give him a call or shoot him an email. Nice guy an will help you if he can. He also tunes with AEM on almost all his stuff.