Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

~ 01' GS430 with a 2JZGTE ~

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-12, 07:54 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

are those vs-xx?

look amazing!
Old 06-09-12, 07:56 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn right!
Old 06-09-12, 07:57 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
are those vs-xx?

look amazing!
Yes they are. Ill most likely be having the faces chromed out later on down the road.
Old 06-10-12, 05:02 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

13's?? Damn, what offset you plan to run?

Congrats on getting the motor in hand. Fun time begins.

That's prob the only imported GTE I've seen that still has the upper radiator hose plastic clip/holder still on it.

You going single turbo or keeping the twins? You may have mentioned this already but I forget...
Old 06-10-12, 10:43 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
13's?? Damn, what offset you plan to run?

Congrats on getting the motor in hand. Fun time begins.

That's prob the only imported GTE I've seen that still has the upper radiator hose plastic clip/holder still on it.

You going single turbo or keeping the twins? You may have mentioned this already but I forget...
Offset for the rear is +7. Heavy fender modifications required. As for the motor, it is certainly in pristine condition. That's why I want to go single turbo on it. I haven't completely decided yet since I need to get this thing running soon.
Old 06-17-12, 09:15 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Going single before hand eliminates all the bending and rubbing of the heater core lines to the twins rear housing, and you can remove like 5 vsv's and a bunch of coolant and vacuum lines as well. Also are you going to be using the aristo ecu, or since your in cali are you looking to stay obd plug in compliant?

Originally Posted by VIP161
Awesome! Does the tranny subframe mount directly bolt on to the underside of the GS?
A JZZ30 brace with an extended r works, but a v16x is vastly different and required quite a crazy crossmember to be built because the mounts are up high on either side of the driveshaft not under it like the other toyota trans are. A w58 I'm not 100% sure on that as I've yet to see anyone use it on a GS. You'll be pioneering that one
Old 06-17-12, 05:49 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Thank you for the response!

I will be running the Aristo ECU that the motorset came with. I'll also be attaching a piggy back to it later on down the road for better fuel support for the single turbo. Since I am in California there is virtually nothing I can do to pass smog so OBD compliance might be the least of my worries.

As for the tranny mount on the W58, I'll definitely be posting pictures on how it will line up. Ive already got a good shop in mind that can easily fab up a nice shiny mount for me.

Im still working on the wheels so the motor part of the project is on hold for a couple weeks. Thank you all for the great feedback and for looking!
Old 06-17-12, 11:14 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the response!

I will be running the Aristo ECU that the motorset came with. I'll also be attaching a piggy back to it later on down the road for better fuel support for the single turbo. Since I am in California there is virtually nothing I can do to pass smog so OBD compliance might be the least of my worries.

As for the tranny mount on the W58, I'll definitely be posting pictures on how it will line up. Ive already got a good shop in mind that can easily fab up a nice shiny mount for me.

Im still working on the wheels so the motor part of the project is on hold for a couple weeks. Thank you all for the great feedback and for looking!
Hey! Just a quick question, the w58 is out of the IS300 right? If so, can the bell housing possibly be used on an R154?
Old 06-18-12, 05:02 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

W58 is from 5 speed mkiv supras and sc300. The IS300 has a W55 which is even weaker.
Old 06-18-12, 03:59 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

That is correct. I do plan on slowly upgrading my drive train next year beginning with the a new LSD differential. Then I'll do away with the W58 and replace it with a V160. But for now, the W58 will do until I can get that going. Im even thinking about picking up a spare W58 and rebuilding it just in case I blow the current one.
Old 06-18-12, 04:59 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

What do you plan on using for pedals? Will you just add a clutch pedal? Or will you use something out of an IS, or SC? Since I just finished my GTE swap im doing my research on the manual conversion as well.
Old 06-18-12, 05:40 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
What do you plan on using for pedals? Will you just add a clutch pedal? Or will you use something out of an IS, or SC? Since I just finished my GTE swap im doing my research on the manual conversion as well.
Ive done three auto to W58 conversions on SCs. The W58 I have in my garage was originally supposed to be mated to the 3UZFE in my GS430 before the block seized up on me. The pedal setup I used were all SC setups. Im happy with them and am planning on using the same pedal setup on the GS just like 99GS3.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...00pedalset.php
Driftmotion has a legit little kit!
Old 06-18-12, 06:43 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Ive done three auto to W58 conversions on SCs. The W58 I have in my garage was originally supposed to be mated to the 3UZFE in my GS430 before the block seized up on me. The pedal setup I used were all SC setups. Im happy with them and am planning on using the same pedal setup on the GS just like 99GS3.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...00pedalset.php
Driftmotion has a legit little kit!
NICE! I was looking around under the steering column while I was installing my supra throttle cable and man...its going to be kinda tight to fit a clutch pedal under there. There is a fuse box that looks like it might have to get relocated. I wonder if that is what 99gs3 did?
Old 06-19-12, 04:54 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I used a IS pedal box, but it doesn't really matter what you use weather Supra/SC/IS or anything else out there because everything is too big, and you will have to cut and weld whatever you use.

The fuse box is ok, but the ABS/TRC/VSC module is directly where the clutch pedal needs to go up under the dash. It has 105 wires connected to it and has no play in the harness. You might could just jerk it around and jamb it up in there somehow, but that's not how I do stuff. I moved it to inside the cd changer housing along with all the other engine control stuff I added.
Old 06-19-12, 05:07 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I used a IS pedal box, but it doesn't really matter what you use weather Supra/SC/IS or anything else out there because everything is too big, and you will have to cut and weld whatever you use.

The fuse box is ok, but the ABS/TRC/VSC module is directly where the clutch pedal needs to go up under the dash. It has 105 wires connected to it and has no play in the harness. You might could just jerk it around and jamb it up in there somehow, but that's not how I do stuff. I moved it to inside the cd changer housing along with all the other engine control stuff I added.
FML 105 wires.......Thats a lot of wire to extend and reroute. I figure you extened it what...about 5 or 6 feet?

Quick Reply: ~ 01' GS430 with a 2JZGTE ~