Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Possibility of writing up a complete stock GTE swap thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 03:24 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Possibility of writing up a complete stock GTE swap thread.

I was wondering if there is a possibility of one of us that have the actual swap done or a few of us getting together and writing up a simple step by step process for doing a stock swap? Then if anyone wants to do aftermarket stuff to their swap they can add to the write up? I know there is a write up in the sticky section but, it seems his has a lot of aftermarket things done to it. I think If we wrote up a stock swap write up then the question wont be asked as much. I know I asked when i was getting ready to do the swap but, I also did some searching as well. I'd be totally down to collaborate with some one or a few people to do this! I have a bunch of pics and my car is currently on jack stands so i can get all kinds of pics over the weekend because Im waiting on parts still. IMHO, this swap did seem kind of difficult at first but, with some help, searching, and a few other peoples write ups, its not that difficult of a swap. Every time I search "Aristo Swap" on google it shows me my write up. So we could title the thread 2nd Gen Aristo swap or something to that effect. Like I said I'd be totally down!!!! Just dont want to post it up all by myself in case I post up some mis information. A couple sets of eyes would be better than one I believe.
Old 05-31-12, 05:24 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would be the answer to many peoples questions.
Old 06-07-12, 11:20 AM
StarkoS14
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, stock swap style info is scattered around this forum like crazy.. I have some info on my "stock" swap, but I did the jzs147 motor in my jzs160, nobody else should even bother doing what I did, it was a miracle we got my car back together with the right, random parts... plus, I still have a few questions that make mechanically inclined people look like retards.. i cant stand it.. oh well, welcome to the club! new FB group perchance? haha
Old 06-07-12, 02:25 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well like I said in my first post, Im down to do this. I would just like a few other peoples inputs along with pictures so there can be a pretty sweet write up.