Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Having a short ram intake in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-12, 08:56 PM
Gplex1987
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a short ram intake in CA

So I want to buy the k&n intake but it doesn't include the carb legal sticker I need in order to pass smog. I would go for the fsport since its carb legal but I'm more in it for the sound and price
Old 06-30-12, 04:27 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude every intake except for the fsport is illegal in this damn state. Just get your k&n and don't worry about a smog test until you have to go
Old 06-30-12, 08:48 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You have a few options:

1) Switch back to stock before the inspection- intakes don't take long to swap (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )

2) Buy the CARB sticker for the F-sport intake for $5 and hope they don't know your intake isn't the one the sticker is for (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )

3) Find a... less than honest inspector....I've heard those things exist some places... (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )
Old 06-30-12, 08:50 AM
Evaunit1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
You have a few options:

1) Switch back to stock before the inspection- intakes don't take long to swap (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )

2) Buy the CARB sticker for the F-sport intake for $5 and hope they don't know your intake isn't the one the sticker is for (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )

3) Find a... less than honest inspector....I've heard those things exist some places... (not suggesting you actually do this, since of course it means you're breaking the law most of the time )
Is it me or is there a trend here...
Old 07-03-12, 12:17 AM
TrueStreet
Driver

Those are part of the "visual" inspection. If you go to a normal place that doesn't care then you're fine, just make sure of the norms like CELs. But i've never had a problem with something like that with a routine smog. They might not even pop your hood.