Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JoeZ intake, is it just a gimmick?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 06:51 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It has already been mentioned on this thread but I will say it again, you are not going to 'feel' a 5HP difference in your car. If you were truly concerned about giving everyone a heads up you would have spent the time and money and put your car on a dyno before and after and documented the results. I think it is pretty much common knowledge to anyone on the forums that your not going to get significant gains by doing exhaust and intake on our cars. On average you might be looking at a 10HP improvement by doing both a cat back and installing an intake on the IS350. So for the $700 to $800 this would cost, in my own opinion it is not worth it to me from a performance aspect. But that is just me, back when I was in my 20's I'm sure I would have spent the money on it for the sound alone.
Old 09-10-12, 09:50 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by snaggle
First of all, it has never been proved.
Except, it has.

You started the discussion claiming there were no dynos, which I then linked you to.

To be honest I noticed a lot of the people here are just gullible on what they hear or see. I am just giving some light and heads up that not everything you hear or see is true.
What has been said in the thread regarding the Joe Z that isn't true?

(hint: it's not that there's no proof of no hp gains, because that's been provided to you already)

ALL I am doing is giving my honest opinion and reviewing the product I bought. I could be completely wrong on the horsepower feel of course taking into consideration it is only 5whp.
Exactly.

You won't feel 5 hp on any intake.
Old 09-10-12, 06:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of this thread again...???

My intake was INDEPENDENTLY Dyno Proven when it was first released back in 2006..
All of the R&D was logged and properly completed during development..

Since then there have been plenty of members who have purchased the intake and verified the Dyno gains... (This has now been stated to you several times.)

Although I can respect your opinion, I would appreciate if you stop making false statements..

Thank You

Best Regards,

~ Joe Z
Old 09-10-12, 07:14 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

It seems as though he wants you to FaceTime with him while you dyno the car before and after, also showing both filters are the same, and then also fax the charts to verfiy the astronomic claims of 5hp. haha

A thread lock would be nice.
Old 09-10-12, 08:30 PM
snaggle
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms

A thread lock would be nice.
I agree.

Honestly this whole thread turned out much worse than I thought... I feel everyone here is getting the wrong idea...

Im giving my thoughts on something and everyone seems to rage and get angry, so in that case... im just gonna forget about this and stop commenting...

Just a reminder however, this is a FORUM. The whole point is people can have discussions and arguments in a friendly manner. Not get into fights or make immature comments on how I should facetime with some guy and have him send me faxes??

Im done commenting on this thread..
Old 09-10-12, 08:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,364 Posts

I'll close this thread with a suggestion to the OP....

Now that you own the intake why don't you do a before and after dyno? Since none of the other members tests are conclusive enough its time to DIY