Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE swap on my 2GS.... in 12 hours!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-12, 09:09 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZGTE swap on my 2GS.... in 12 hours!

just finished my full gte swap complete with aristo diff and custom exhaust. took 12 hours from driving the car in, to driving it out with some extra punch I just want to say thanks to this forum and everyone on it that has posted their swaps and projects! thanks to you guys, my swap went perfect and she started up and drove out with zero issues i had to make a 3" exhaust, plumb the return line for the fuel, and mod the stock pump holder to accept the return and a walbro pump, other then that it was plug and play with stock I/C and airbox....
So thanks again guys, you made this a piece of cake!!!

Old 09-16-12, 10:33 AM
acky87
10th Gear

Jealous, cant wait to see it next weekend!
Old 09-16-12, 07:36 PM
orlredmk3
Rookie

what did u use for references? do u have links?
Old 09-17-12, 07:31 AM
Jonb42
Driver

Looks like your front turbo is pulling air before the air filter. Gonna be replacing it soon if that's the case. Other than that sweet. I just crashed my 2g with gte vvti. Gonna be swapping everything into a new 2g soon. Good luck. Also I'll have a mines chipped ecu going up for sale in a couple months if your interested.
Old 09-17-12, 07:33 AM
Jonb42
Driver

Or is that the bov recirc. Idk cause mine was single when I got it. My bad if I was wrong.
Old 09-17-12, 11:25 AM
Jonb42
Driver

I'm gonna go ahead and call my self out before anyone else does. I'm a retard. Don't know wtf I was thinking. Obviously that's the pressure side going to the intercooler. Lol. I think I was still asleep.
Old 09-17-12, 04:20 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonb42
Looks like your front turbo is pulling air before the air filter. Gonna be replacing it soon if that's the case. Other than that sweet. I just crashed my 2g with gte vvti. Gonna be swapping everything into a new 2g soon. Good luck. Also I'll have a mines chipped ecu going up for sale in a couple months if your interested.
How much for the Mines ECU?? Id like to buy it from you as soon as its for sale!!!! Please PM me.
Old 09-17-12, 08:41 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna go ahead and call my self out before anyone else does. I'm a retard. Don't know wtf I was thinking. Obviously that's the pressure side going to the intercooler. Lol. I think I was still asleep.
ive been doing my research as i plan on doing this in november. i figured you knew some new isht that i hadnt read up on.

good looks for calling your own foul. hahahaha
Old 09-17-12, 09:40 PM
Meyagi
Driver

yeah haha thats the diverter valve on the stock twins.... LMK about that ecu i might want to do that!
Old 09-17-12, 11:24 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice swap and congrats on getting her to start and run in 12hrs. How come you didnt upgrade to single turbo? also whats your next plans/
Old 09-18-12, 09:05 AM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

That is an impressive time. You should start offering that drive in/drive out service to other members for a fee, seems like you have the routine down pat. Did you get the engine, trans, harness, ecu, rear, ic, intake, and driveshaft from one place? Could you pm me the price you paid for everything if you don't want to post it on the forum. Thanks
Old 09-19-12, 11:41 AM
twoloose
Driver

How did you connect the drive shaft to the aristo 4spd trans? The flages are different. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-12, 09:44 PM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by twoloose
How did you connect the drive shaft to the aristo 4spd trans? The flages are different. Thanks for the help.
I know a lot of the Canadian engine importers sell the Aristo driveshaft with the trans and diff to make things easier.
Old 09-19-12, 10:05 PM
Jonb42
Driver

Use the ront half from the ariso and if you are using the aristo rear you'll need a deep 33 mm I think to swap the flange off with the rear from the Lexus. You can also get a real good deal at drift motion dot com on a one piece. It's a little under 600$ and is much stronger and lighter. Plus you lose the rubber end pieces for billet aluminum.
Old 09-19-12, 10:08 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Nice work......

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE swap on my 2GS.... in 12 hours!