Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

how i made a cheap FCD that retains fuel cut.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 09:16 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how i made a cheap FCD that retains fuel cut.

i tried this today and it worked, cost me like 5 dollars.
do this:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/184990-how-make-manual-boost-controller-works.html
once you have made that, get a plastic T and make a new line from your map sensor to the intake manifold with the T in it, run the map sensor line straight thru the T and add a hose to the leg that comes off at the junction. run this line into the bottom of the home made boost controller where the ball bearing is. the remaining port vents to atmosphere. i preset my MBC with a pump and gauge to pop off at 13psi, but you may have to experement and figure out what works best for you. basically what this does is bleeds off some pressure from the map sensor so the car doesnt hit fuel cut, but doesnt bleed off so much where it cant hit fuel cut if the pressure goes too high. after some adjustments (turning the screw out makes the fuel cut threshold higher, turning it in makes the threshold lower) my car now hits fuel cut at 19psi and runs pretty consistent 16psi which is all i feel comfortable with on the ceramic twins. one other thing to note in the construction of the MBC, i used a fine thread 5/16 bolt instead of the 3/8 the author reccomended because the 3/8 was way too big, might be a misprint idk. you are also going to want to use a fairly soft spring, it doesnt take much spring to make this work.
hope this might save a few of you some money!