Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Would you do it- If it was Safe?
YES
33.33%
NO
8.33%
Maybe
33.33%
HELL NO!
25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

VENOM Nitrous Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-02, 05:16 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default VENOM Nitrous Kit

Have you guys seen those Venom Kits?
I think I read somewhere - They were looking into one for our cars.. From What I seen system looks Safe.

But Who would do such a modd?

QWK
Old 12-01-02, 10:13 PM
roenick7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look up nitrous or all my threads on the subject. Venom as far as I know does not have a set up for the GS nor would be as safe as a direct-port custom made and tuned with all the features to keep it as safe as possible.
Old 12-02-02, 03:55 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

Exclamation NOS SAFE!!!???

Here is how I see it....

Any thing you do to your car has the potential to go wrong, or even cause other things to go wrong. However, is nos safe...hell yea it is. IF you know how to use it. A direct port is the only way that you can "spray" the GS due to the fuel system on the GS. The return fuel line is actually welded inside of the fuel tank. This is why there is not a blot on kit for a turbo... (with the exception of SRT's kit new on the market)...this and this alone is why you have to do a direct port. If you look at the per 1998 GS they are in fact the same as the Supra 2JZ block, thus they have bolt on turbo kits and you can eithier direct port the nos or not....

As far as nos being safe it depends on how you use it....the 2JZ block is strong, It really depends how you use it...I have said this at least 10 times now in this post alone and will always say it. If you use it for a hole shot or at a low speed it is ok to do it. It is when you are at high speeds that you run the risk of doing damage to the block if you "spray"....you really have to know how and when is the right and safe time to "spray".....

It is safe as long as you know how to use it.....

-KRis

BTW- I have been running a NOS direct port wet kit 100 shot and have had no problems. Also I would only run a NOS kit do to the fact they have been around for some time now, the bugs have been worked out of the setup they use. Venum is fairly new on the market I think only like 3-4 years now (big time in the tunning scene when I say around for 3-4 years)

Last edited by TRDGS3; 12-02-02 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-03-02, 09:01 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default TRDGS3

Thanks for the info..I'm not a big fan on NOS until I saw how the Venom Kit was used.. It can be setup in "Automatic mode" You can drive around "ARMED" all day and not get into the NOS boost until certain conditions you set..

You can actually tuned the NOS to come in at certain RPM's and stop whenever need say == For instance - It can Come in at 2400RPM and Stop at 3300 RPM for example or any that u wish.. One step up that I saw was impressive and easy was whenever this car floors it say 95% of throttle it kicks in automatically for the set interval you want.. Most of us don't drive around full throttle, so its like a backup boost..Short and sweet and according to Venom "safe" because you are not misuseing it.... And the whole unit is electronic..with Computer monitoring screen too..

Something to think about...

QWK
Old 12-03-02, 01:23 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

1QWKGS4-
The Venom kit does sound good, however like I said before, I will stick with the NOS just because they have been around for so long and most if not all the "bugs" have been worked out. I am not "dissing" the Venom kit, I know that they do have nice kits, like you said it is all computerized this is great, a few friends have actually installed the kit in their "H" they love it, however the major set back is the cost. I have been told that because the whole kit is computerized it cost more to install and to buy off the shelf. None the less they are satisfied customers and feel it was money well spent. I am not sure if I like the idea of a nitrous system being "Armed" at all times. I would prefer to have to "arm" it myself (more of a safety issue). Also this kit would have to be installed with someone that is very familer with the Venom kit, and knows enough about nitrous as to when it should be "sprayed". Lets face it not to offend anyone but not everyone is the smartest when it comes to when you should "spray" and when not to.

None the less you have provided us with some great info. on the kit, all we need to know now is the price and when it is going to come out. Also I dont know about you, but I am not fond of the purple bottel that they use and they don't have a "race" bottel either (ex. the carbon fiber bottel -or- the singel shot offered by NOS). This kit I feel would actually be good for a person who is not confotable with using nitrous.

-KRis

BTW if you do plan on doing this kit -or- any other nitrous kit be sure to have about 30 bucks to fill the tank up that day after you start to use it. I can tell you from personal experiance, everyone goes threw a bottel the first day...heehee
Old 12-03-02, 10:57 PM
roenick7
Driver

NOS
direct port 100-175 shot.
175 after 7 --- 1/4 mile runs ruined valve seat on one valve replaced all took 2000.00 and 14 days

run 100 shot and all is well forever
Attached Thumbnails VENOM Nitrous Kit-11.jpg  
Old 12-04-02, 01:41 AM
ViPeRHunTeR
Rookie

You should look into the NX nitrous express. Their solenoids are far better than nos. Stay far away from any dry set up!!! like the venom kit you were looking at. NO2 is very safe if done right direct port with a few dyno runs to tune in the jets. They also offer the rpm window switch you were asking about.
Old 12-22-02, 03:13 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Sounds Good - but all the more risky especially adding that much power..!!

I guess in the end you get what you pay for. So you better get the best!

QWK
Old 12-26-02, 04:08 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Nitrous can be safe provided no cylinders run lean. The only good way to do this on an EFI manifold is using a port injection system that adds NOS at each runner. Roenick has this type of setup but it does require removal and machining of the manifold to accept individual "fogger" nozzles.

Another very promising idea is NOS new NOSzles system that uses special spacers that lift fit under the stock injectors and provide port nitrous and fuel injection.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...NS/NOSzle.html
Old 10-12-04, 08:49 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am gonna run a ZEX setup pretty soon. My brother-in-law is the sole distributor for Indonesia for that kit and I can get a really good price for it. The ZEX kit is also good that it has a fool-proof system in which it will detect (through your af ratio) if you are running lean or not. It will automatically shut off the spray once it's detecting signs that the car is running lean! I think this is a good idea....
Old 05-13-05, 11:25 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roenick7
NOS
direct port 100-175 shot.
175 after 7 --- 1/4 mile runs ruined valve seat on one valve replaced all took 2000.00 and 14 days

run 100 shot and all is well forever

Certainly you didn't expect to be able to run 175hp shot and NOT run into some problems?!?!?!

Jtanyo, you're right, tapping into the A/F reading is a great idea. Hopefully it can react quick enough to avoid any problems.

I'm still confused as to why the dry shot is not a good idea for the GS.......what am I missing?
(obviously direct is better, but, a dry shot in the air box at 100hp works for other cars......)
Old 05-14-05, 08:36 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think that guy sold his car

but i might be wrong