Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

~ I need help identifying the fuel feed and return lines ~

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-12, 11:25 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ~ I need help identifying the fuel feed and return lines ~

And there you have it. I simply need help identifying the fuel feed and return lines on my VVT-I 2JZGTE Aristo swap. I'm going to be replacing them with stainless steel braided lines and some AN fittings before the motor goes in real soon.

I also need a very good detailed description on what to do as far as hooking up a return fitting to the top of the stock fuel pump. I've seen pictures but little to no description. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-22-12, 09:16 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP161
And there you have it. I simply need help identifying the fuel feed and return lines on my VVT-I 2JZGTE Aristo swap. I'm going to be replacing them with stainless steel braided lines and some AN fittings before the motor goes in real soon.

I also need a very good detailed description on what to do as far as hooking up a return fitting to the top of the stock fuel pump. I've seen pictures but little to no description. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The fuel feed and return are both on the U.S. drivers side of the engine. If you look at the left side just under the intake manifold you will see a black nipple sticking out. That is the return line. The fuel feed is a little bit lower. I installed the fuel feed once the engine was in the car. You can use the stock fuel feed line from the N/A GS300. It will hook right up to the VVT-I engine. So if you engine is still out of the car take a look at that side. They are both not to far apart at all.
As for the return line going into the stock fuel pump assembly, I just ordered a stock JSZ161 Aristo assembly with the return nipple already there. I have a decent write up on how I installed it, ran the return line and what parts I ordered from Lexus of Seattle to get it to work like stock. You will have to flip through the pages of my build but its there. Good luck!
Old 10-22-12, 11:44 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
The fuel feed and return are both on the U.S. drivers side of the engine. If you look at the left side just under the intake manifold you will see a black nipple sticking out. That is the return line. The fuel feed is a little bit lower. I installed the fuel feed once the engine was in the car. You can use the stock fuel feed line from the N/A GS300. It will hook right up to the VVT-I engine. So if you engine is still out of the car take a look at that side. They are both not to far apart at all.
As for the return line going into the stock fuel pump assembly, I just ordered a stock JSZ161 Aristo assembly with the return nipple already there. I have a decent write up on how I installed it, ran the return line and what parts I ordered from Lexus of Seattle to get it to work like stock. You will have to flip through the pages of my build but its there. Good luck!
Thanks again! You've been a great help! I constantly flip through your build thread for guidance. I'm just steps closer to getting the motor and transmission in. I'm going to take some time on Wednesday to drill the firewall and bolt in my clutch pedal and master slave cylinder.

As for the fuel lines, I know where they are and I can see where they are both cut. What I need to know is if the line closest to the firewall is the feed or the return? For the return line, does it just dump fuel back into the tank? If so can I just set it up somehow so that it does just that?

Looking into the empty engine bay I see four different hard lines which I am suspecting are fuel lines. I have a GS430. Will I need to buy a GS300 fuel pump hanger? Can I used any of these left over lines off the 3UZ for the 2JZ?