Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JoeZ Intake Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 08:18 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JoeZ Intake Installed

So I finally got my JoeZ intake installed on the car. Gotta say I love the blue contrast in the engine bay.

I can totally feel the 5HP.....haha okay well I can't but just riding around in Pwr Ect mode is fun. Although my gas millage is taking a hit since I am stepping on it more just to hear the sound.

It does sound pretty good though, not loud but I knew that going into it. I mostly did it just for the contrasting color in the engine bay. Maybe it will sound better once I do the PPE Headers and F-sport exhaust (although considering the JoeZ true duel.) I don't know yet. The engine is a bit more deeper at about 3K RPM's.

I think next I am going to take the dremel to the air intake box and put a couple slots in it to get some more air in. Again mostly just for a deeper sound. I was going to go with the Fsport intake box but a lot of people said just dremel it out and same effect. So I will try that first.

Any one have any good pictures? Which side do I need to dill out some holes and how big?

Now just have to search the forums to learn how to get my windows to work again. Ugh that is super annoying!
Old 12-27-12, 10:43 AM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the DIY Fsport intake. If you look at the pictures in the DIY, you will see that all the F Sport box is is the stock lower box with a hole cut into it. It gives such an awesome deep roar at 3k RPM. The JoeZ Intake pipe will be my next mod!
Old 12-27-12, 06:27 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

So far I have been really happy. I'll take a look at your DIY and check out the air intake box. I figured it wouldn't take much to just dremel out an extra hole to get more air in there for a deeper sound. I just want to ensure I don't make it so much that big things can make their way in, so might just do a group of holes.

I know in my last car, the K&N would suck in small twigs all the time, it was kind of scary how much crap got inside the bag.
Old 01-30-13, 11:18 AM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

I think due to location it's not that big if a deal, it looks like the f sport box has about a 3-4 inch square whole in it.
Old 01-31-13, 03:58 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LaVaism
So far I have been really happy. I'll take a look at your DIY and check out the air intake box. I figured it wouldn't take much to just dremel out an extra hole to get more air in there for a deeper sound. I just want to ensure I don't make it so much that big things can make their way in, so might just do a group of holes.

I know in my last car, the K&N would suck in small twigs all the time, it was kind of scary how much crap got inside the bag.
I did the mod a few weeks ago and it wasn't too hard, the only thing I had problems with was cutting the plastic. My rechargable Dremmel wasn't powerful enough and would heat up a lot, I cut 3 sides and then was able to break the plastic out. It looks a bit messy right now but I have just bought a more powerful electric Dremmel to finish it off and clean it up. It sounds great, especially when the engine is cold! It's hard not to rag the heck out of it, I don't want to damage the engine without letting it warm up!
I'll try and get some pictures up so you can see what I did, also, the hole is not in an area to worry about things being sucked in.
Old 01-31-13, 04:23 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LaVaism

Here are a few pictures that I had from a previous thread, I will try and link to this and I also don't take credit for these pictures.
- F Sport and Stock boxes

- F Sport box

- After the box was "modified"

- This is a shot I took of mine before surgery! The red box marks where I cut.

I hope this helps!