Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo's 1/4 mi. perform. #'s - "Smokin!"

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-02, 06:08 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LexCiting
kensttgs400 - I knew you were going to get a larger intercooler sooner or later, especially being down in hot FL! Your 1/4 mile times are impressive considering all of the extra weight you have, plus the temp. SRT has a more smaller, more efficient intercooler that Mariusz will have, and thats what you would probably get also. I guess there is some disadvantages to being the test car! lol But I am not complaining.

Mariusz - I agree with Ken, don't sweat it! But, keep doing that research on things like the exhaust, etc. Just <b>BE CAREFUL</b> when you finish your break-in period!!!! Your car is going to be a beast, and it WILL bite ya! I understand how it is to be too far away from SRT when they have your car. Also do some research on tires, because I think you and I have the same tires, and they hold well under WOT, but you still will lose tractions. I will definitely be changing my tires. I am thinking about the Bridgestone Potenza S-02.
Lee, trust me when I say this.......the biggest advantage of being a test car is that you don't pay the extra $ that we have to pay. That in itself can mean a lot of free intercoolers and other components. Lol.

I don't think a smaller intercooler is better for Turbo applications and I haven't heard of Spearco coming out with any new designs. I might be wrong, but the general rule of thumb was that the bigger the core the better. It was either a bigger frontal surface area and thinner core or smaller frontal surface area and thicker core. Not sure what you mean by smaller and more efficient.

Also, I believe the S02 were replaced by the much anticipated SO3's which are better all across the range. However, I doubt going from Falken to SO3 will make much of a difference for me with 500rwhp. I think that the profile of the tire has to change and sidewall increase for the tire to grab better. There really isn't a 20" 285/30 tire out there that would make a huge impact on controlling 500 ponies. I've already been through AVS Sport, P Zeros, S02's and didn't see any significant improvement in any of these. They are pretty much top quality rubber so you shouldn't expect drastic improvements.

Now get me your dyno vid or I will have to beat you to it

Last edited by Mariusz; 12-24-02 at 06:09 PM.