Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Filter & Lifetime MPG

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 09:20 PM
NYG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Filter & Lifetime MPG

Two Questions:
1) People who have/had the FSport Filter, how has your experience been with it? I'm hearing mixed reviews such that a standard paper filter will better filter out contaminants, but not give better airflow, however the FSport will give better breath ability with less filtration efforts. My main goal here is to beat this car strong to 250k miles, not much of a performance head so please clarify that area for me!

2) How do you reset the "Lifetime" MPG on the display (and also, how do you reset the tank display? or does it just do it on its own each time you open the gas cap to fillup?)

Thank you in advance guys!
Old 04-01-13, 11:59 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) I love my F sport intake and filter. Gas mileage is still the same for me, about 20 mpg. You only really need to clean the filter every 10-15k miles, I clean it at 5k just because I want to.

2) read the owners manual, its all in there.
Old 04-02-13, 04:58 AM
NYG
Driver

Originally Posted by panda08
1) I love my F sport intake and filter. Gas mileage is still the same for me, about 20 mpg. You only really need to clean the filter every 10-15k miles, I clean it at 5k just because I want to.

2) read the owners manual, its all in there.
thanks for the input! the fsport filter will fit in the stock intake right? Anyone else have any experience with them?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-02-13, 05:10 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to have the fsport intake for about 10k miles. I never cleaned it because it never really got that dirty.

Air filters wont affect your cars ability to reach a certain mileage as long as you clean/replace them when necessary.

Disconnect your battery to reset the lifetime mpg
Old 04-02-13, 08:29 AM
NYG
Driver

Originally Posted by bob4256
I used to have the fsport intake for about 10k miles. I never cleaned it because it never really got that dirty.

Air filters wont affect your cars ability to reach a certain mileage as long as you clean/replace them when necessary.

Disconnect your battery to reset the lifetime mpg
hey there, thanks for the response. In no way am I correlating mpg with the air filter, it was 2 seperate questions. I wanted to know how peoples experience with the f sport filter was and how often they cleab it? I heard its good to keep it a littlr dirty as it blocks more debris.

Old 04-02-13, 09:23 AM
NYG
Driver

anyone else?

Old 04-02-13, 09:58 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like having it. It works like any other reusable filter, the only difference is that there is no need to oil it. Its sticktly based on preference. I clean mine as necessary (or 30k interval). I looked at it at after 15k and it still looked clean. There is a whole cleaning procedure that is not really labor intensive. Your car will make it 250k+ if you maintain the vehicle properly. Do you have the filter already or are you looking at aftermarket drop-in filters?
Old 04-02-13, 11:54 AM
NYG
Driver

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
I like having it. It works like any other reusable filter, the only difference is that there is no need to oil it. Its sticktly based on preference. I clean mine as necessary (or 30k interval). I looked at it at after 15k and it still looked clean. There is a whole cleaning procedure that is not really labor intensive. Your car will make it 250k+ if you maintain the vehicle properly. Do you have the filter already or are you looking at aftermarket drop-in filters?
thanks for getting back to me bud. I just put an order in at my local lexus. The F sport filter should be in tomorrow. I keep reading that you should always leave it a little dirty (and not clean it so frequently) as the debris will actually act like a filter to a certain extent. However if its so bad that its suffocating your engine, its obviously way overdue for a replacement.
Old 04-02-13, 12:18 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the F-Sport intake and filter for almost 10k+ miles and I haven't really had to clean it (as it really doesn't get dirty) and my MPG isn't affected by it; Sewell Lexus has a cleaner you can buy if it does get dirty (remember to register your CL account for discouts). To reset your AVG MPG on the instrument cluster display you can press and hold the DISP button on the right half of the steering wheel (if you don't want to reset your ECU when you pull your battery cable off).