Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Leak in my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-13, 10:13 AM
misterlv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak in my exhaust

After winter i heard a leak in my exhaust. I havent been able to really look at it because here in WI its still a bit chilly. But if anyone else is having the same problem with the awd models id like to know. it sounds like its coming from the upper mid part of the car. i read on another forum that it is a common problem. i want to get a catback system but im not sure if they make make anything before the cat for my car. in my city they do car inspections and if i remember correctly they also use the sniffer. if i get an aftermarket cat and up if i can even find one will it pass? from what ive heard they told me that it wont. any help is good. thanks
Old 08-29-13, 12:29 PM
ChrisKlug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by misterlv
After winter i heard a leak in my exhaust. I havent been able to really look at it because here in WI its still a bit chilly. But if anyone else is having the same problem with the awd models id like to know. it sounds like its coming from the upper mid part of the car. i read on another forum that it is a common problem. i want to get a catback system but im not sure if they make make anything before the cat for my car. in my city they do car inspections and if i remember correctly they also use the sniffer. if i get an aftermarket cat and up if i can even find one will it pass? from what ive heard they told me that it wont. any help is good. thanks
What type of IS do you have? IS250 or IS350? and is it AWD or RWD? I live in Wisconsin as well and they don't do the sniffer anymore. They just plug in the OBD2 port and read your ECU. All the emission places have been closed. Emission testing is done at dealerships.