Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-01 | 09:35 PM
cales

on trying to get some feedback on which way to go with intake systems. There is a local dealer trying to push injen intake and fox exhaust but i never heard of either one. What can anyone tell me about rod millen intake and exhaust. Also does the intake have any adverse effects on the motor?
Old 03-20-01 | 10:52 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Thumbs up SRT HFI

cales,

I think most of the members would recommned the Swift Racing HFI/ECU combo. To be brief, the other intakes don't increase performance, just sound and looks.

BTW, who's the local dealer in San Diego trying to push the other intake?
Old 03-20-01 | 12:19 PM
cales

Calvin
the dealer is bob baker Lexus. apparently they are doing testing but nothing will be out until April. So you think srt is the way to go what about rmm why is there such a price difference from srt and other intake brands ?
Old 03-20-01 | 03:36 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

SRT HFI comes with a piggy back ECU so the engine can accomodate more air. The RMM and others are just intakes.
Old 03-20-01 | 04:43 PM
Marley
Pole Position

I have the SRT it is great. You can really feel the difference.
Old 03-20-01 | 10:58 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally posted by WHITE_IS300
I have the SRT it is great. You can really feel the difference.
Ditto!

Last edited by DevilDog; 09-03-06 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-21-01 | 06:57 AM
Marley
Pole Position

Devildog I see you have a DWP IS good choice in color
Old 03-21-01 | 11:14 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Devildog, I see Mo put red connecting hoses in the IS HFI kit. I have the GS kit with the red filter, but black hoses. The red looks nice.
Old 03-21-01 | 03:48 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Get the Swift Racing intake. RMM's STINK when it comes to installation. You have to remove the ABS pump (3 bolts) to slide the heat shield under. Then tighten up the 3 bolts. Took me 45 minutes just to do this one step since the bolts are in very awkward positions. Overall quality of the RMM I would rate as a 2. Swift Racing...9.5 on the scale of 10. Do it right the first time...get Swift Racing.

Percy
GS400...mine
IS300...my Dad's. He drives crazier than I do!
Old 04-04-01 | 09:22 AM
SATXIS
Driver School Candidate

Default INTATKE

THE SRT HFI W/ ECU COMBO IS THE BEST! THERE IS A DEFINITE INCREASE IN POWER AND TOURQUE. AND IF YOU LET YOUR SERVICE GUY DRIVE IT AFTER INSTALLATION HE MAY NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!
Old 04-08-01 | 05:52 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Exclamation tidbit of info...

Check out this site www.SpeedandStyle.com ... On the Sc forum under the thread "Exhaust horse power gains" there's some info on air intake pipes/tubes.. in terms of building your own at a fraction of the cost...
Old 04-08-01 | 06:46 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Even tho I have a RMM intake, SRT is the way to go as far as most ppl are concerned including myself, The gains you get from it IMO are worth the price tag. I got the RMM instead only because I knew I was going the Forced Induction route and did not want to pay the cash for something I was going to sell in a short period of time...
If you are going to do it and not turbo or SC your car do it RIGHT the first time and go SRT...
Old 04-16-01 | 07:12 PM
Altezza

How much HP are go getting with that Intake. I noticed that the intake is well above $400.
Old 04-17-01 | 08:06 AM
SATXIS
Driver School Candidate

SRT CLAIMS 17EHP WITH DYNO RESULTS OF 11RWHP. I WOULD SAY THAT IS PROBABLY REAL ACCURATE. I HAVE NOTICED BETTER PERFORMANCE OFF THE LINE AND QUICKER THROTTLE RESPONSE AT OPERATING SPEEDS. THE PRICE WAS JUSTIFIED IN MY EYES. MO IS A GENIUS!
BUT YOU HAVE TO DRIVE IT FOR YOURSELF TO SEE WHAT YOUR EXPERIENCES ARE. LET US KNOW HOW YOU DECIDE TO GO.
Old 04-23-01 | 12:16 PM
edawg
Pole Position

I definitly agree that the SRT intake is the way to go!!!

Quick Reply: intake