Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can I use this tuner for my supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 03:40 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Can I use this tuner for my supercharger?

I searched and read up about this topic and I know that others have pulled off using an Apexi SAFC II or Neo for their SCd GS4s. However, I just want to make sure that this is still safe for the engine to go this route. I am NOT looking to spend more money and I understand you gotta pay to play but you gotta draw the line somewhere sometimes. I will be using an Apexi Neo as well as an Aeromotive electronic FMU to manage fuel delivery at respective boost levels. I will only be at 7lbs max at around 400whp with 440cc injectors. Will I be OK tuning and maintaining proper AFRs with the Neo?
Old 07-15-13, 07:33 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I searched and read up about this topic and I know that others have pulled off using an Apexi SAFC II or Neo for their SCd GS4s. However, I just want to make sure that this is still safe for the engine to go this route. I am NOT looking to spend more money and I understand you gotta pay to play but you gotta draw the line somewhere sometimes. I will be using an Apexi Neo as well as an Aeromotive electronic FMU to manage fuel delivery at respective boost levels. I will only be at 7lbs max at around 400whp with 440cc injectors. Will I be OK tuning and maintaining proper AFRs with the Neo?

Like I said in the other thread it will work but safe? No it's a bandage tune by tps is far from safe but will work until something goes wrong like a tps going bad etc etc
Old 07-15-13, 09:59 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

I would do Greddy Emanage Ultimate or AEM FIC8 at the minimum. Don't skimp now on the management
Old 07-16-13, 03:41 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mex lex
I would do Greddy Emanage Ultimate or AEM FIC8 at the minimum. Don't skimp now on the management
So, obviously with either of these units i'm looking at another $600 bill plus an additional $250 for a PnP harness from Boomslang as I do not want to hack ecu wires, is this correct? What a PITA. I will also lose the interface capability of the NEO such as seeing battery voltage and other items; if I'm not mistaken, I believe the Greddy and AEM are just piggybacks that sit under the hood.
Old 07-16-13, 02:20 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

All of them are piggybacks so to speak but the AEM is about as good as it can get with the stock ecu but 600 is a lt cheaper than a new engine the afc is by war the worst choice for tuning and any reputable tuner will back that up.