Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM Supercharger kit for GS400 released.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-03, 10:16 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GSTT keep your bull@#$ comments to yourself. Maybe go stick yourself up SRT's @#% a little more. I am sorry but you are comparing a $30,000 TT setup to a $6,500 setup.
Old 01-16-03, 11:03 AM
apatel
Pole Position

jcramair1,

I think GStt is comparing the RMM SC setup to SRT's SC setup which was offered a while ago but not anymore

Last edited by apatel; 01-16-03 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-16-03, 11:06 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, come on. Let's keep it civil, and keep the new information flowing in a positive fashion.

Comparisions are good, even though not always apples to apples, they can bring to light some good data.

Old 01-16-03, 11:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by Gstt
with just a SRT chip + ECU i got 265RWH + 265RWTQ.
GSTT - can you please post a scan (or send me a file from the dyno and I'll create a pic using Dynojet Runviewer software) of your post-SRT dyno run? Those are some pretty impressive numbers to show a jump of 35 RWHP and 30 RWTQ and I'd love to see how they compare to my own dyno numbers with similar mods.

RMMBlair In an earlier correspondance you'd mentioned that only a limited number of these SCs were going to be produced and that they would be discontinued. Any word on excatly how many will be available and what kind of support can be expected on them long term?
Old 01-16-03, 12:29 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DaveGS4

RMMBlair In an earlier correspondance you'd mentioned that only a limited number of these SCs were going to be produced and that they would be discontinued. Any word on excatly how many will be available and what kind of support can be expected on them long term?
Interesting...I guess I missed that (key!) point when I was reading. That doesn't bode well for me since I wouldn't be looking to get one for a bit yet.

As always, I'm more interested in letting the clock tick on my warranty before I make a radical change like this. Makes me wonder if there will still be any "super sedan" level mods for the GS430 when I'm ready to apply them...
Old 01-16-03, 02:26 PM
Gstt
Banned

Originally posted by jeffandi

First, nobody has said anything about torque yet. RMMBlair has only quoted HP and the chart on Rod Millen's site is stock HP vs. SC HP.

Can't you tell the difference between a torque curve and a HP curve? If not maybe you should keep your 02 cents and buy some education. I'm sorry but I get tired of people like you who crap all over somebody's work without even knowing what the heck they're talking about.

Second, SRT does not make or sell superchargers anymore, just a $30k twin turbo. Sorry, not for me.

Third, from BMW website for M5:

Nominal output/rpm
hp
394/6600

Max. torque/rpm
lb-ft
368/3800

MSRP $70,400

Now for GS400 + RMM SC:

340hp (at wheels) with SC, 250hp (at wheels) stock = 36% increase
if we apply this 36% increase to the flywheel numbers we get

408hp

GS430(for price comparison only) MSRP = 48,400
+ 6,500 SC = $55,100

Less money AND run with an M5? sign me up.

Jeff

LEts get something straight here:

WHo puts a supercharger on the market and only quotes u on the HP???????

I based everything on that ridiculous dyno.

FIrst of all, your comparing apples to oranges.

( think your smart????? U talk a lot of ***** son)

I was not putting down their SC system, I just said with those numbers and that price i wouldn't buy one.

SRT is their KING, too bad they don't offer their SC system no more.

U think U know what u talking about???? U are quoting me on a M5's specs, Please!.

My neighbour has one, we race all the time, DO u understand how fast a M5 is????? + 6spd manual.

No matter what, his car is designed to beat yours, it has a crazy LSD, crazy gear ratio that your gs can't match. Plus it does almost 13sec Flat in 1/4mile. BUDDY, SRT stage 3 with 430RWH + 400RWTQ could beat that, only by and inch or so....
(many factors, like driving, traction,....)

DOn't give me Hp figures of a web site,
GO study your ***** and then come back....

PLUS for the other idiot that bad mouthed me, BUDDy, who said anything about GS400TT??? Can u read??? check history son,

U think $6,500 is all for the SC??? NO NO NO, U need a Torque convertor my friend, and LSD, Valve body upgrade for your tranny, plus other tranny upgrades, PLUS TUNING.... now the price jumps over 10g's.

PLease i got a GS400 myself, Unless your planning on doing something nice, don't compare the price of the gs to an M5.

your car will be in the same price range if u do it right and set up all other things needed. ie: 6piston brakes, Wide tires, nice suspension. WHICH a gs doesn't have stock...)

your comparing two different cars,

So go, do your little research, learn what you are saying and come back when u know, aight??
Old 01-16-03, 02:36 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Unhappy Good lord...

How the heck did this turn so combatitive?! RMM formally released their supercharger and we're asking questions about it. Praise SRT's superchargers all you want, but they're not a viable alternative any longer.

I certainly appreciate your criticisms, GSTT, but there's a way to present them that doesn't invoke the response you invoked. Please have a little respect for those of us who are genuinely interested in the product and don't derail this thread by attacking not only RMM, but also other people on thread.

Can we get back to the point which is discussing the product itself?
Old 01-16-03, 02:37 PM
Gstt
Banned

Dave. i will look for my dyno results and get back to you on that,
Old 01-16-03, 03:02 PM
RMMBlair
Driver School Candidate

1. I just sold another one yesterday. I believe that leaves us with about 19 systems left. As far as long term goes, all of the parts can still be reproduced if needed. We have all the fictures still, so we could do it if we needed to. The main reason we are not making them anymore is because it just cost too much money and time for us to produce kits. So anyone that wants them, they may have to step it up a little.

2. About the dyno graph, I personally do not think that the ECU would be acting so slow that it would show up on the dyno. If it was going back and for like that it would be doing it 4 or 5 times a second. But the real reason its like that is because the dyno that UPRD had was supposed to be some high tech, super accurate $300,000 dyno. All of our graphs looked like that for all the cars. I don't really know why.

3. You may think its stupid, but we do not do 1/4 mile times. Nobody working here likes drag racing so we've never done it. F1 or WRC Rally for sure, but not drag racing. I guess thats the result of working for a rally base comapny.
Old 01-16-03, 03:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok guys, couple of things here. this is a thread about the release of the SC kit, stay on topic, talk about it, fine. if you want to talk about all the comparion, how good this is, how bad that is, start another thread so this thread can stay on topic

second, i have no problem with constructive discussion, but keep all the heat to yourself. don't put any heat in the thread with discussion. no more foul lanuage or sentences, ok?

third, to rmmblair, it would be really useful if we can know the tq number
Old 01-16-03, 04:17 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

RMMBlair - good information to know! Congrats on the SC setup!
Old 01-16-03, 05:39 PM
jeffandi
Driver

Don't call me "son". I'm 33 years old and to old to take crap from a 21 year old punk like you.

I was driving a car before you started kindergraden "son".
Old 01-16-03, 06:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

JeffandI / GSTT:

Please refrain from any additional personal commentary or attacks in this thread as Rominl requested.

Let's keep this an informative thread as it started and get CL members details on the RMM SC. Anything else, take it to PM.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-16-03 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-16-03, 07:12 PM
RMMBlair
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Lex... I'm glad we are finally releasing them.
Old 01-16-03, 09:49 PM
JYOO

Originally posted by Gstt
with just a SRT chip + ECU i got 265RWH + 265RWTQ
Youre smokin "son" . I think it was your Type-R apc stickers that gave you those numbers.

Quick Reply: RMM Supercharger kit for GS400 released.