Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

invidia midpipe vs. megan racing midpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-13, 02:13 PM
2012IS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default invidia midpipe vs. megan racing midpipe?

hey guys
so a few days ago, I let my friend drive my car around because I wanted to see exactly how loud it was from the outside. I only have a resonator delete and the megan racing axle back. After he drove it around the lot, I realize that it's still not as loud as I had expected it to be/wanted it to be. From that point on I've been looking around and have come down to either still the invidia midpipe or the megan racing midpipe. Now, the only reason why I chose the megan racing axle back is because I like my car to have a low toned sound. My question is, will the invidia midpipe make the exhaust note go from being low pitched to very high pitched in the high RPM range? I've tried finding some videos hoping that people have the megan racing midpipe in their setup but I've ran out of luck. If the invidia midpipe ends up making the exhaust note higher pitched, I might as well just go for the megan racing midpipe but I'm not too sure. Thanks for any advice.
Old 09-21-13, 06:53 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

which megan do you have, drift spec or oe-rs (i'm assuming drift spec because you said low toned)

megan and invidia are similar both has a resonator but invidia doesn't have a secondary cat

i've heard the drift spec + invidia in person and it sounds really nice, loud enough but not over
sounds better than fsport + invidia imo, as this setup to me sounds a little raspy and too much of a "muscle" sound and overly loud
Old 09-21-13, 08:00 AM
2012IS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
which megan do you have, drift spec or oe-rs (i'm assuming drift spec because you said low toned)

megan and invidia are similar both has a resonator but invidia doesn't have a secondary cat

i've heard the drift spec + invidia in person and it sounds really nice, loud enough but not over
sounds better than fsport + invidia imo, as this setup to me sounds a little raspy and too much of a "muscle" sound and overly loud
Yes, I have the drift spec, I apologize for not having said what it was. Yeah I didnt quite like the F-sport with the invidia, I've watched a few videos on it. I like the loudness of the combination but me personally I just dislike the sound. I guess I'll just go with invidia then if it's louder than if I had the MR mid pipe.
Old 09-21-13, 12:54 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

youtube doesn't do justice
all must be heard in person