Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

valve body upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-03, 03:02 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valve body upgrade

I did a search on valve body upgrades. I need more information. I understand how it works. I just need feedback from those who have this upgrade. I would also like to know, where the valve body was modified RMM or SRT or other companies. (or is it all the same company just branded differently)

thanks in advance
Ricky
Old 01-20-03, 01:01 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I had mine done at SRT. The car went from never wanting to shift i I kept my foot in it to banging on the limiter a couple of times and then shifting. If you are not running a power adder you should not have this problem and you'll notice firmer shifts. If you are running a power adder depending on how much power you put out you might shift without any issues. I would recommend getting it done with any serious power adders.

I don't believe the valve bodies are the same. In this case modifications are being done by the shop to your valve body which is then replaced in your car. Each shop probably does something a little different.

HTH
Old 01-20-03, 04:18 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks M J.

I just wanna get some feedback on the overall response after the change. I have a valve body that was recalibrated at SRT. I am debating on putting it in. I am running the Supra TT LSD. I just wanna make my car feel more responsive in shifting and with e-shifting

thank you very much
Ricky
Old 01-21-03, 10:04 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I don't know when you had yours done but I've had SRT modify mine twice. The first time helped but didn't really affect the shifting as much as one would have hoped. When I had the Stage III installed Mo did more work which got me to where I am now (That work was done last May).

It only firms the shifts slightly (at least that's all I feel throught the added "slop" of the torque converter). I'm not sure how much it would firm things up in an otherwise stock setup. I think what we ultimately want is the shift controller (whenever that finally sees the light of day).