Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

gs400 died, tps apps maf?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 08:45 PM
davinciii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gs400 died, tps apps maf?

i think i posted my original thread in wrong spot so i will double post here.

well out of nowhere my gs400 died on me. it all started two nights ago when i started the car up and it had a really rough idle. it would die when pressed the gas. finally it got going ok and drove home on the freeway just fine. Soon as i came to stop it would die if throttle was not kept to 1k..

Next day i was gettin prepared to tow car to my friends shop. we both work on our own cars. Car made it to shop. we found couple cracked vacuum hoses. fixed those. found the actual tube from intake to the airbox had somehow slid off. Fixed that. Started the car up and she ran just fine.

he hooked up his bluetooth obd2 and with car guage and torque everything looked good. Drove the car back to my apt. it drove fine around city and freeway. Went inside for hour. came out to go to work and car started and died....

after testing the tps wiht ohm meter it seemed close enough but i bought a new one from lexus anyways. installed it per specs. started car up... still dies. The car will sometimes hunt for idle going up past 1k.. then dropping to zero. almost die the shoot up again. But it always dies within a minute.

IF i press the pedal all the way in to engage the throttle cable it instantly dies. Im currently looking for the exact specs for testing the maf. Also i know i have to test the apps.

when the car is hunting for idle when i press the pedal i get no throttle response at all. If pressed all way in the car dies when cable opens the throttle plate.

i Just now recieved cel lights too. i will have to pull those in the morning. Other than checking the maf and the apps with ohm meter what else does anyone think this could be?

Ill update after cel are pulled.
Old 11-02-13, 12:33 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

any updates? im interested in this
Old 11-03-13, 05:31 AM
pitchblaq
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
any updates? im interested in this
Check your Air Intake Resonator/cleaner. Take it off and examine it good on the side and especially underneath for micro fracture cracks along edges.
Old 11-03-13, 10:52 AM
Cranix
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely Check the resonator/cleaner. different temperatures will open and close the cracks. Also I always go
back to MAS. Clean it. It costs 8 dollars. It seems like 80% of the problems like your having are a bad or dirty
MAS.
Old 11-05-13, 11:01 AM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Unplug MAF, it will fail the MAF in the ECU and go to VE Tables and should drive fine (with codes).