Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger idea.. Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-13, 01:30 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Supercharger idea.. Need advice

So before i picked up the gs430 i was dead set on getting this mustang gt with a vortech supercharger. It was the v1 and he was upgrading it to the v2 im guessing cause the v1 had many miles on it. He was my friend and ended up selling it, however i was sure i was going to buy a mustang after that so i offered to buy his v2 with 3200 miles on it for 250. So i did. Iv had 3 lexus's and was starting to miss everything about it and while at the dealership i came across a 2001 gs430 and didnt hesitate to buy. So now i have a gs430, and a vortech super charger in my closet collecting dust. So anyways whats needed to run this supercharger on low boost 4-6 lbs? I remember i read on here a long time ago about how the stock ecu can learn how to adjust to the boost and add extea fuel when needed. Correct me if im wrong but all i would need is someone to make me the custom piping, find a intercooler that fits with little to no work, a supercharger bracket from lextreme,bigger fuel injectors, upgraded fuel pump,oil feed and return line, a bigger sc pulley cause its at 12lbs currently and a bov. And maybe lextreme forged rods since i have 160k on the car. Any tips or things i forgot. What size injectors would i need? And what NOT to do lol. Planning on getting forged pistons and turning up boost when income tax time comes and a tranny upgrade. Thanks guys and nice be back hope i can start my first build thread for you guys.
At the dealership

When it arrived at my house lol

Attached Thumbnails Supercharger idea.. Need advice-image.jpg  

Last edited by gsean400; 10-19-13 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 07:58 PM
Track5tar
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a few little ideas to think about or maybe look into a little more. I dont think you will need to up the injectors if you only plan on running that low amount of boost. and you may want to find a place that can get you a stronger serpentine tensioner pulley. I also think you might need some sort of piggyback. Ive got a supercharged gs400 only on 6 psi until i do the piston/rod upgrade and tranny as well but it is amazing. Some very knowledgable guys that actually made my custom bracket and did the install are LIVautosports in VA Beach. Check them out if you have any direct questions. Good guys

Good Luck
Old 11-02-13, 02:28 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Track5tar
just a few little ideas to think about or maybe look into a little more. I dont think you will need to up the injectors if you only plan on running that low amount of boost. and you may want to find a place that can get you a stronger serpentine tensioner pulley. I also think you might need some sort of piggyback. Ive got a supercharged gs400 only on 6 psi until i do the piston/rod upgrade and tranny as well but it is amazing. Some very knowledgable guys that actually made my custom bracket and did the install are LIVautosports in VA Beach. Check them out if you have any direct questions. Good guys

Good Luck
Sweet just the answer i was lookin for i plan on using a fmu. What are your upgrades? Did u use a piggyback? What about fuel injectors and fuel pump? And the big question noone has answered for me yet. Hows reliability?? Any check engine lights? Does the have a hard time shifting and how many miles does yours have?