Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Boosting with the twins... is250 turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-14, 05:29 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Nsteezyy
I will be boosting on my IS350 if all goes well. Then after 2 weeks or so I will be getting it dyno'd with and without the turbos to see what the actual gains are.
Awesome! FINALLY someone with a turbo IS350 that won't be afraid to post up the details of their project. There have been two I've came across that said they had a turbo IS350 and showed an I/C, but no money shots of the engine bay or the turbos.

Anyhow, I assume with the purchase will come the new slightly larger turbos. Those should be a better fit for the IS350 and the more CFMs that we can flow with the 3.5L.

GL and create yourself a build thread with MANY pics along the way!
Old 02-08-14, 05:55 PM
Nsteezyy
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350

Awesome! FINALLY someone with a turbo IS350 that won't be afraid to post up the details of their project. There have been two I've came across that said they had a turbo IS350 and showed an I/C, but no money shots of the engine bay or the turbos.

Anyhow, I assume with the purchase will come the new slightly larger turbos. Those should be a better fit for the IS350 and the more CFMs that we can flow with the 3.5L.

GL and create yourself a build thread with MANY pics along the way!
Definitely will keep everyone updated... Soon I will be making my build thread! Cant wait to be boosted. My power steering went out, and im not sure how to fix it lol. But anyways it will be dynod 2 weeks after I install it.
Old 02-08-14, 06:33 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was noticing small spots of oil on my driveway. Put my car on the lift today and I see this sensor is leaking. Do you guys know if there is a gasket on the sensor or would I have to replace the whole thing? It's right above the oil pan.
Attached Thumbnails Boosting with the twins... is250 turbo build-image-275778491.jpg   Boosting with the twins... is250 turbo build-image-4034797721.jpg  
Old 02-09-14, 02:37 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

I believe that is the low-oil lever sensor; the gasket is like $5. Sucks that it's leaking, but it's a cheap fix.

GL!
Old 02-18-14, 11:56 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Last edited by e46m3lol; 02-18-14 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-18-14, 12:22 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by e46m3lol
please stop asking for me to give you a parts list of everything you'll need to purchase to build this. It took me a lot of time and money to piece this together to simply just give someone a parts list. I will be building another kit right after I get some more funds so stay tuned!
You might wanna retract that as you sound like a D. No offense..

That's what the community is all about! You know how many PMs I get asking for supercharger parts list all the time? It gets old since I publicaly shared the info numerous times but I still point people in the right direction.

IMO your build thread is a trial and tribulation thread with good bad and ugly that can stand to help a few folks. Embrace it
Old 02-18-14, 12:43 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikellucci
You might wanna retract that as you sound like a D. No offense..

That's what the community is all about! You know how many PMs I get asking for supercharger parts list all the time? It gets old since I publicaly shared the info numerous times but I still point people in the right direction.

IMO your build thread is a trial and tribulation thread with good bad and ugly that can stand to help a few folks. Embrace it
My apologies... It's been a crappy day! But yeah I keep telling people to check out the build thread and they still keep asking lol

Plus that damn oil level sensor gasket that I ordered a week ago is still not here and the guy a the dealership told me it would come in the next day...
Old 02-23-14, 07:28 PM
robdog
Driver School Candidate

cant wait to see this. been wanting to do this to my IS
Old 03-08-14, 11:21 AM
jbernal220
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice setup, i was thinking to email you asking about a part list. but you can keep it to your self.
Old 03-21-14, 03:05 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Hey guys... I've been lagging it a bit on the new turbo build. It's been a crazy couple weeks but I'm back from TX2K14 and although I've been having some health issues, I'm determined to build another setup within the next couple weeks. Still debating if I should tackle a front mounted turbo setup or to pull the trigger on another rear mounted twin turbo. I have a few things up my sleeve for a possible tuning solution. If this tuner comes through and can successfully tune my setup... This may be a big game changer in the forced induction IS community. Not holding my breath on it though
Old 03-21-14, 05:18 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter how you boost the 2IS, it will still be limited.

Why not try swapping a 2JZ engine in the IS? It has been done before but only by 1 member on the east coast.
Old 03-21-14, 05:18 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e46m3lol
Hey guys... I've been lagging it a bit on the new turbo build. It's been a crazy couple weeks but I'm back from TX2K14 and although I've been having some health issues, I'm determined to build another setup within the next couple weeks. Still debating if I should tackle a front mounted turbo setup or to pull the trigger on another rear mounted twin turbo. I have a few things up my sleeve for a possible tuning solution. If this tuner comes through and can successfully tune my setup... This may be a big game changer in the forced induction IS community. Not holding my breath on it though
Cant wait bro you should tackle the front mount so you dont loose so much boost with the rear set up that way we get numbers on what kind of pwr we can get out of a 250
Old 03-21-14, 06:16 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by smokyis350
No matter how you boost the 2IS, it will still be limited. Why not try swapping a 2JZ engine in the IS? It has been done before but only by 1 member on the east coast.
I understand that the IS250/350 is never going to be a 335i but I do want to push the limits and see what our cars can handle. Plus it's cool to say that I'm the only twin turbod is250 around
Old 03-22-14, 06:37 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
No matter how you boost the 2IS, it will still be limited.

Why not try swapping a 2JZ engine in the IS? It has been done before but only by 1 member on the east coast.
You realize that was Lance at Toyomoto, right? Extensive knowledge of Toyota engineering and countless years of proven experience and engineering. A true functioning swap like that with no CEL and all luxury features intact will never be duplicated without very serious time, money and effort. On the flip side, any mechanically inclined idiot (myself included) can swap an inline six motor into the car and get it running but lose all the 2g IS luxury functions and technology. Personally, I think it's a better fit for a show car, dedicated track monster or HP bragging rights..

Digressing even further with opinions; a 300-400whp is quite a fun daily driver. Combined with the creature comforts and new technology (vdim, steering, direct inj) I think these cars are very pleasing to rip around town in. A s/c or turbo setup on low boost is safe, practical and powerful and actually pretty simple to implement on the 2g IS as we've proved for years now.

OP: I would love to see 2 turbos where the stock cats once were on the headers! I think it's a best of both worlds approach to bridge the gap between a rear mounted setup and an engine bay setup.

Last edited by mikellucci; 03-22-14 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-23-14, 12:59 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Mike... I'll be contacting GODSPEED this coming week to see if they have snails small enough so I can fit them in that area you mentioned. If worse comes to worse... I'll raise up the car slightly as everything hangs pretty low due to it being slammed.

Quick Reply: Boosting with the twins... is250 turbo build