Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What mufflers should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-14, 06:34 AM
CharlieD93
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I preferably MYSELF would keep it stock cause in my experience with my gs300, it was really hard to get the exhaust to not sound raspy, I hate rasp and it would remind me of the m3. I hate the way those e46's sound if they didn't have headers and exhaust combo.

Ah, I see, but the loudness of the exhaust scares the crap out of people in my town. Also makes my car seem a lost faster than it is which is funny to me, but I respect your opinion. I like being known that I am coming and would not change my exhaust for anything.

Last edited by CharlieD93; 06-19-14 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-19-14, 06:56 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

mind....blown
Old 06-19-14, 08:09 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Me and my old neighbor have a resonator and muffler delete on our 430. I get compliments allllll dayyyyyy long, u won't regret it. If u have a 300 I would keep it stock until u have engine mods/swap if u have a 400/430 show off those *****, honestly straight piping my exhaust was the best thing Iv ever done in my life. It made my driving experience so great I burn oil like gas with no leaks.
Dude, its much better to run open header, no exhaust needed.. If you want real "***** to the wall" that's how its done.. That's my next mod, I'm gonna extend the headers out of the sides like this..

Old 06-19-14, 08:34 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I preferably MYSELF would keep it stock cause in my experience with my gs300, it was really hard to get the exhaust to not sound raspy, I hate rasp and it would remind me of the m3. I hate the way those e46's sound if they didn't have headers and exhaust combo.

I don't literally burn oil like gas, but I lost about a quart of oil in between my oil changes and I'm sure it's from my engine having 170k and from me bringing the car to redline at least 5 times on my way to work. I roll with my windows down and turn my stereo completely off just so i can hear my exhaust. whenever there are no cars and there is an open stretch, I will usually punch it to 60.
you shouldnt be burning oil like that. seriously. ive seen gs4's with 200k running like champs and not burning oil. you got some problems coming.
Old 06-19-14, 11:07 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i'm sure it's different with gs4s and gs3s but i've got 341k miles and i don't burn oil at all.

but that aside, i got custom exause made by Andrey Sokolov (on Instagram he is ltwon1, i don't know his username on here). They're Vibrant Mufflers with aftermarket tips on them. they sound nice, though not insanely loud. I'm happy with them.
Old 06-19-14, 11:26 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a jap brand bro, it's a japanese car
Old 06-19-14, 11:32 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by littlebird
i'm sure it's different with gs4s and gs3s but i've got 341k miles and i don't burn oil at all.

but that aside, i got custom exause made by Andrey Sokolov (on Instagram he is ltwon1, i don't know his username on here). They're Vibrant Mufflers with aftermarket tips on them. they sound nice, though not insanely loud. I'm happy with them.
Been on this forum 12 years, owned my car for over 16 years.. Never heard of a GS400 burning oil until this guy.. obviously somethings is def wrong with his car..
Old 06-19-14, 01:13 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Been on this forum 12 years, owned my car for over 16 years.. Never heard of a GS400 burning oil until this guy.. obviously somethings is def wrong with his car..
Lol me neither I got 130k miles and I burn NONE...
Old 06-19-14, 09:31 PM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
That's awesome mang, I wish I had a V8 so I could do that. I love seeing smoke bellow and hearing loud noises from my exhaust when I give it WOT.
Smoke bellow?

I don't literally burn oil like gas, but I lost about a quart of oil in between my oil changes and I'm sure it's from my engine having 170k and from me bringing the car to redline at least 5 times on my way to work. I roll with my windows down and turn my stereo completely off just so i can hear my exhaust. whenever there are no cars and there is an open stretch, I will usually punch it to 60.
Did you only have a muffler delete on your GS300 or other modifications to the exhaust? I just had mine deleted and it is smooth and mellow as ****.

Originally Posted by CharlieD93
Ah, I see, but the loudness of the exhaust scares the crap out of people in my town. Also makes my car seem a lost faster than it is which is funny to me, but I respect your opinion. I like being known that I am coming and would not change my exhaust for anything.
So you roll around town announcing your presence everywhere?
Old 06-20-14, 06:33 AM
CharlieD93
Rookie

Originally Posted by Deadpool88

So you roll around town announcing your presence everywhere?
Yes, basically. Since I have a 98 GS300 I do not have the M option on my transmission, but I end up switching between the gears as I accelerate or decelerate. You have to be going under 15 mph to drop it into 1st gear. So I wait until I come to a complete stop and then take off going up to 5 rpms, sometimes I let it run redline to 6.5k and it sounds like it is spitting, with the exhaust, it sounds really awesome. I haven't had any transmission issues, so I do not think it is hurting all too much, 213K on the clock.
I wonder when the OP will chime back in here. Basically made a chat room for us all.

Last edited by CharlieD93; 06-20-14 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-20-14, 07:42 AM
Deadpool88
Rookie

Alrighty then.....
Old 06-20-14, 09:06 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder when the OP will chime back in here. Basically made a chat room for us all.
haha isn't that what almost always happens?
Old 06-21-14, 06:26 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, basically. Since I have a 98 GS300 I do not have the M option on my transmission, but I end up switching between the gears as I accelerate or decelerate. You have to be going under 15 mph to drop it into 1st gear. So I wait until I come to a complete stop and then take off going up to 5 rpms, sometimes I let it run redline to 6.5k and it sounds like it is spitting, with the exhaust, it sounds really awesome. I haven't had any transmission issues, so I do not think it is hurting all too much, 213K on the clock.
so..youre THAT guy huh?
Old 06-21-14, 08:06 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Old 06-23-14, 06:28 AM
CharlieD93
Rookie

It is really not that big of deal, you guys are exaggerating this. I do not do it all the time, only when I want to "FEEL" like I am going fast because honestly that is the only time because stock is just not that fast. It is just all sound and I don't do it all the time. Also just because you don't do it doesn't mean you to hate on someone who does.

Quick Reply: What mufflers should I go with?