Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How much $$ for a fully built gs430/400

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-14, 01:10 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How much $$ for a fully built gs430/400

So I know the cheapest way to get big power would be a 2jz swap with 2 HUGe turbos, but I was wondering how much you think it would cost to build a 1uz/3uz. I really want a faster car but I'm in love with my gs430 and the way the little v8 sounds, I call it asian muscles. I'm really a driver kind of guy, I even find myself spending most of my time just cruising around for no apparent reason and taking the long way home, no radio for me my exhaust is my music, I'm sure I could easily drive the car 1 million miles if I had the funds, but what I think I love about my car is that not very many people on the road mod the gs400/430. I like being different, that's why I don't want to do a ls/2jz swap. I know I would be spending money for a standalone ecu, forged internals and a built tranny. But what else am I forgetting besides what I stated and injectors and fuel pump? I would like to use my vortech v2 and max it out, and if this would cost me around 20k I might consider just taking out a loan for it, cause I personally can't see myself driving any other car. Isn't the 1uz similar to the 2jz? I would be able to make around the same power levels right? I want reliability and about 700whp and I think the 1uz/3uz could possibly handle that since its already a reliable engine. With just a procharger the gs400 can do there 0-60 in around 4.xx something, I think that's crazy and I feel like this engine has soo much potential. I know it will cost alot but everyone pays alot to be different. Especially when it comes to cars. Is it just me or do you guys think this car is capable of some crazy HP with decent reliably? Especially for the price? I love this car and I have already had 3 Gs's and I'm not going to sell it just to buy another. The power is why I sell it, and the car is why I buy one again. I keep seeing on the forums that people are breaking this or breaking that with a turbo or supercharger, what would I need to make it just right and reliable.

Last edited by gsean400; 08-02-14 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-02-14, 07:53 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
So I know the cheapest way to get big power would be a 2jz swap with 2 HUGe turbos, but I was wondering how much you think it would cost to build a 1uz/3uz. I really want a faster car but I'm in love with my gs430 and the way the little v8 sounds, I call it asian muscles. I'm really a driver kind of guy, I even find myself spending most of my time just cruising around for no apparent reason and taking the long way home, no radio for me my exhaust is my music, I'm sure I could easily drive the car 1 million miles if I had the funds, but what I think I love about my car is that not very many people on the road mod the gs400/430. I like being different, that's why I don't want to do a ls/2jz swap. I know I would be spending money for a standalone ecu, forged internals and a built tranny. But what else am I forgetting besides what I stated and injectors and fuel pump? I would like to use my vortech v2 and max it out, and if this would cost me around 20k I might consider just taking out a loan for it, cause I personally can't see myself driving any other car. Isn't the 1uz similar to the 2jz? I would be able to make around the same power levels right? I want reliability and about 700whp and I think the 1uz/3uz could possibly handle that since its already a reliable engine. With just a procharger the gs400 can do there 0-60 in around 4.xx something, I think that's crazy and I feel like this engine has soo much potential. I know it will cost alot but everyone pays alot to be different. Especially when it comes to cars. Is it just me or do you guys think this car is capable of some crazy HP with decent reliably? Especially for the price? I love this car and I have already had 3 Gs's and I'm not going to sell it just to buy another. The power is why I sell it, and the car is why I buy one again. I keep seeing on the forums that people are breaking this or breaking that with a turbo or supercharger, what would I need to make it just right and reliable.
Well, you could look on Lextreme's website. They have custom HP 1UZ and 3UZ built engines from mild to wild. $5k to I think close to $10k. After that custom build your tranny with IPT, run a custom cog belt setup on the SC so you can go very small on the pulley to yield double digit PSI. You'll get there. With all this and engine mgmt and tuning...probably close to $15k if I had to guess. But you would be the first SC'd GS with a Lextreme built engine. The addition of the engine alone would probably put out over 400whp...lol. There was a guy on Lextreme that had a GS400 that threw new pistons in, had the engine balanced, blueprinted, ported and polished and was completely NA at low 400whp!!! Unbelievable! Good luck.
Old 08-02-14, 11:28 AM
100bajan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are thinking almost EXACTLY along the same lines as I am!! lolol, I am resently looking or a GS430 to just build up the engine and tranny , I had a 2JZ swap in my previous GS400, and I don't want to go back there, I want something different( I still have a brand new precision turbo that I was going to use to convert my 2JZ to a single, that I may consider using on the built 430). I actually went and test drove a 430 this morning. I will also check out Lextreme as suggested to look around. Good luck with this project
Old 08-02-14, 04:49 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Being the first is what scares me. I'm not sure how reliability would be, but deep down in my heart I trust these motors. Ha thanks for the info guys, I would like this to be a Christmas present for myself.
Old 08-02-14, 11:42 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

a fully custom turbo system is going to money.. i recently got a quote from a shop that can make custom kits and they start at 10k but was assured that it would be a reliable daily....
Old 08-03-14, 12:05 AM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if I had the money I would go with the srt supercharger. More than 500 hp and 450 torque I think would be perfect for me, keep in mind it would still be reliable and fun to drive.

https://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=169
Old 08-03-14, 12:10 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

you might wanna peruse through this thread. I pretty much did everything you could do to build up the motor. The thread goes through the major build, but since then, I have added larger intake/exhaust valves as well as twin garrett ball bearing turbos and Injector dynamics 750 cc injectors, and twin deatchworks fuel pumps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...c-happy-2.html

I initially used an IPT trans....I broke that one (twice)
Now I am using a trans built by JeffTsai, so far so good!!

I got some parts through lextreme, others from TTCperformance.

If you look, both sites can build a 1UZ for you. Talk w both guys, then make a decision. I have my preference, you can PM me if you like.

Whenever I drive the Lexus, I fall in love with it all over again.

Last edited by HI98GS; 08-03-14 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-03-14, 12:39 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by clos430
I've said it once and I'll say it again, if I had the money I would go with the srt supercharger. More than 500 hp and 450 torque I think would be perfect for me, keep in mind it would still be reliable and fun to drive.

https://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=169

I wish SRT would hurry and make it adaptable to the GS400.... both 400/430 are basically the same correct?

Originally Posted by HI98GS
you might wanna peruse through this thread. I pretty much did everything you could do to build up the motor. The thread goes through the major build, but since then, I have added larger intake/exhaust valves as well as twin garrett ball bearing turbos and Injector dynamics 750 cc injectors, and twin deatchworks fuel pumps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...c-happy-2.html

I initially used an IPT trans....I broke that one (twice)
Now I am using a trans built by JeffTsai, so far so good!!

I got some parts through lextreme, others from TTCperformance.

If you look, both sites can build a 1UZ for you. Talk w both guys, then make a decision. I have my preference, you can PM me if you like.

Whenever I drive the Lexus, I fall in love with it all over again.

I've seen TTCperformance website before...Looks liek they do some serious builds and this pic is just amazing.... $7400.00

Old 08-03-14, 11:26 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I wish SRT would hurry and make it adaptable to the GS400.... both 400/430 are basically the same correct?

I've seen TTCperformance website before...Looks liek they do some serious builds and this pic is just amazing.... $7400.00

If I'm correct, the 7400 is just the long block build (without the bells and whistles)

That TT setup was placed in Eric's (cOwboy) supra. It was a beast of a build. INCREDIBLE!!
I know that setup is available for purchase!
Old 08-03-14, 12:18 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah $7400 is just for the long block. The turbo system will be probably an extra 10k. There is some back story about that engine in the picture. I think some people have been scammed badly, search on SupraForums if you want to read more into it.
Old 08-03-14, 11:17 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Good replies. 400whp sounds great for being NA, I actually meant 700 at the crank. I think anything over that would be overkill for a daily driver. Im sure even that would be. I really just want something that would blow away an AMG, since I have looked into and test drove many. I just don't want to push something to its limits, on the Amg forums there have been plenty of guys that have blown up their engine on a e55, just by doing a pulley upgrade. What do you guys think would better suit my needs? A completely built engine from a place like lextreme on low boost, or just build my engine with rods and pistons and go forced induction with a standalone and built tranny? Maybe some tranny coolers? I really don't need to lose traction on the freeway, I really just want adrenaline on demand. 0-60 is my concern. I would prolly gut the interior keep my stocks on with some fatty rears from nitto.