Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

just got some info on the Blitz Supercharger..

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-03, 03:29 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey awhile back I called Blitz and was just talking around with one of the saleman and he stated that he isn't for sure but he ball parked the price around $9,000.00. To me that really isn't a bad deal. You have a $60,000 luxury car that out perfroms and is better quality than cars that are all most double it's price. I know the Sl is one hell of a car but for a base price of $80,000 and $100,000+ for an AMG model I would take an SC430 with a full suspension and supercharger kit anyday.

To me an LS430 and a SC430....Hell a Lexus anything deserves nothing but quality. My GS will be gone soon and the SC430 is my next purchase. The first two mods will be a complete suspension upgrade from Carson Toyota (Steve) and then the supercharger.

Look at this way guys. Wheels plus kit can run you $10,000.00.
An SC/GS/LS...430 turn heads straight of the lot, and to me chrome factory GS wheels look sweet.

One question I do have is, Will the factoyr bolt it on? and if they don't wouldn't it void the warranty? Allright two questions.
Old 02-28-03, 08:00 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Re: BLitz twin charger?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JZS14SEVEN
besides the motor now has to drive two superchargers? how much power is being sucked from your motor just to turn 2 SC's
For 2 superchargers i can't imagine what its gonna cost from Blitz.
especially since they know all the owners can afford it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Manaray
Don't forget what engine they are supercharging...it's a engine with 325lbs of torque STOCK. It's not some dinky little 4 banger with 80lbs of torque.

The parasitic factor is a moot point when you're talking about supercharging V8's..sure, if I owned a 1.2 liter I4, I would not do a S/C...but we don't own 1.2 liter I4's, no do we?

The Cost is what's going to kill it. I have a feeling that Blitz is going to try to squeeze us....but hey, if you want to play, you gotta pay...
Manaray, I don't think 7 was talking about NOT supercharging... rather that 2 pumps were not the best way to do it.

I agree that 2 pumps would be the wrong way to go about this. Each one takes power and ads unnecessary weight and complexity. I disagree that a modern roots type is not functional... they work VERY well. A screw type is better but the margin is not much at low boost levels and there is a substantial cost difference. For a show car the WOW factor of twin SCs is cool but for function a single larger SC (roots or lysolm) would be superior on all fronts.