Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is250 with the HKS S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-14, 09:52 AM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man! Im going to Install my S/C system!
already got the Rotrex C30-94 S/C, got AEM water/meth kit waiting :P
all i need now is the Crank pulley and the mounting bracket to be made!
I wish you could get more pics of the install...
Old 12-10-14, 05:35 PM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Default lexus is250 arma supercharger

hi, i am new to superchargers. what else will i need other then the supercharger and what do i do for maintainance?. i am getting the stage 2 arma supercharger it looks like it comes with everything i need but just want to make sure. thanks.
Old 12-10-14, 10:05 PM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BrianIS250
hi, i am new to superchargers. what else will i need other then the supercharger and what do i do for maintainance?. i am getting the stage 2 arma supercharger it looks like it comes with everything i need but just want to make sure. thanks.
Oh my gosh... Arma? really?
fow how much? does its new?
You dont need anything else!
Old 12-12-14, 03:06 AM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Heres the photos of my self made bracket.

How it will work

Mounting spacers

Mounting bracket

By the way, this bracket can be cutted in the bottom, and it can be fitted to fit the OEM crank pulley, like in HKS & ARMA kits! its better... less power loose! and cheaper!
i have did mine, becouse before i made the bracket, i bought the Charger with 95mm pulley, and i bought the crank pulley 5.25" to push 0.5+ bar ...
Old 12-19-14, 01:01 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

How are you enjoying the kit so far? I might be picking up an HKS Supercharger kit for my girlfirend or for me (give my LMS kit to girlfriend), just curious to hear more feedback.
Old 01-04-15, 05:10 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
How are you enjoying the kit so far? I might be picking up an HKS Supercharger kit for my girlfirend or for me (give my LMS kit to girlfriend), just curious to hear more feedback.
I am following this thread very closely, I would also like to see the progression of the build. Are the HKS kits available for the U.S. now?

HeyArms, are you in Houston by any chance? I think I've seen your IS250 around town here..
Old 01-04-15, 06:59 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
I am following this thread very closely, I would also like to see the progression of the build. Are the HKS kits available for the U.S. now?

HeyArms, are you in Houston by any chance? I think I've seen your IS250 around town here..
I have an HKS supercharger on order, should be here late January or early February. If it's sold on this planet, there's always a way to get one...

Yes I am in Houston though. she sees life outside the garage a couple times a month lol
Old 01-04-15, 07:41 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

I have an HKS supercharger on order, should be here late January or early February. If it's sold on this planet, there's always a way to get one...

Yes I am in Houston though. she sees life outside the garage a couple times a month lol
Sweet! Where did you buy it from and how much was it? Is it just the maim supercharger compoment, or the whole kit?

I've been looking for a few hour and haven't found squat.
Old 01-04-15, 07:45 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

One more question. How are you able to combat the lean burning engine? From what Ive read so far, the stock ECU is encrypted and adjustments can't be made to the A/F ratio if you add additional injectors.
Old 01-06-15, 12:03 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by po1qw
wow this is amazing very nice build
Thank you bro.
Old 01-06-15, 12:05 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UtopiaBe
Heres the photos of my self made bracket.
By the way, this bracket can be cutted in the bottom, and it can be fitted to fit the OEM crank pulley, like in HKS & ARMA kits! its better... less power loose! and cheaper!
i have did mine, becouse before i made the bracket, i bought the Charger with 95mm pulley, and i bought the crank pulley 5.25" to push 0.5+ bar ...
Woh...the fabrication job look great ,have you finish the installation ?please share over here.
Old 01-06-15, 12:44 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Hi ,I am fine .thank you. I am really enjoy the HKS kit now,so far running until today ever thing no problem yet and finally my snow performance arrive. After install add 15hp to my car again..
will install the S/S manifold Soon and see any gain.

Nice to know that you are also upgrade to HKS Kit, this kit only bring one problem ..it generate more high Temperature to our engine. I have been monitor from day one until today ,Normally our water temp is only 85'c ,but if the boost on ..the water temp easily go up more then 95'c ...Exhaust temp also can go up to 980'c ...

I still looking the aluminum radiator to upgrade the water temp..But i really can't find the way to install the oil cooler and transmission oil cooler...Do you know any one of member here have been successful install the cooler ?
Old 01-06-15, 06:10 AM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Altezzack
Hi ,I am fine .thank you. I am really enjoy the HKS kit now,so far running until today ever thing no problem yet and finally my snow performance arrive. After install add 15hp to my car again..
will install the S/S manifold Soon and see any gain.

Nice to know that you are also upgrade to HKS Kit, this kit only bring one problem ..it generate more high Temperature to our engine. I have been monitor from day one until today ,Normally our water temp is only 85'c ,but if the boost on ..the water temp easily go up more then 95'c ...Exhaust temp also can go up to 980'c ...

I still looking the aluminum radiator to upgrade the water temp..But i really can't find the way to install the oil cooler and transmission oil cooler...Do you know any one of member here have been successful install the cooler ?
That's great to hear! Are you still running .8 bar? In terms of temp, have you been able to measure the temperature inside the engine block?That's a much more important number to look at. You should find a way to measure that. The pistons built for this car can withstand high temps.

I think it would be fairly inaccurate to back into engine block temp by reviewing the exhaust data, too much heat loss occurs by the time the fuel exhausts out of the tail pipes.
Old 01-09-15, 01:16 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by UtopiaBe
Oh my gosh... Arma? really?
fow how much? does its new?
You dont need anything else!
sorry for the late reply lol. yes i just received my new arma supercharger and was $5000 shipped. also ordered a bunch of other stuff for the car like ppe long headers,ark dts exhaust with polished tip, arma big brake kit 330x28, exhaust valve, snow performance water/meth stage 3 kit and cx racing coilovers damper kit. i am sure i have more upgrades but cant remember what else i orderd.

Last edited by BrianIS250; 01-09-15 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-09-15, 01:22 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Default supercharger

quick question. did you receive your snow performance kit already?. if so do you use the boost juice that is already pre mixed or do you use windshield fluid and if you do what kind specifictly?. also are you still running on 5lbs of boost or are you at 7lbs of boost?. i plan on increasing boost to 7lbs what do you think?. will it run safe?.

Quick Reply: Is250 with the HKS S/C questions